Raask exhaust system (Read 171 times)
daltmyer920
YaBB Newbies

awesome site! love
the bike

Houston TX
Raask exhaust system
11/07/14 at 10:01:53

Any one have experience with the raask exhaust system? I really like the style. But have only found one video of how it sounds on you tube and it wasn't a very good representation I don't think. The person didn't give it much throttle to hear exhaust notes.... Anyhow don't wanna spend 600 on something that doesn't sound good/perform well

versy mod,dyna, pod air filter, 152.5main 52.5 pilot. 2001, 18,XXX miles $800 Smiley hopefully purchasing ryca kit after having the bike for a year or so
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Raask exhaust system
Reply #1 - 11/07/14 at 10:24:49

Generally....we are a bunch of tightwads on this forum.  Spending $ 600 on an exhaust system is more a habit of the Harley and Sport Bike crowd.

Also the Raask seems to be difficult to obtain.....I have never seen (or heard) one anywhere.

Also...you are making a wise choice not to choose by the sound over a video.  You can't tell anything about how a muffler sounds over the internet.  The camera has distorted the sound and clipped off the stuff that exceeds what can be recorded,  and then the speakers on your computer can't come close to replicating the true sound.

Maybe somebody on this forum has a Raask or has seen one - but then again.....you are trusting what "they" hear.  You may not like what they like.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Spamy

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 11/07/14 at 11:08:49

Out of Sweden?  Never heard of them.  Must be a small producer.  Ive never seen them at any store or any website either.

For that price you could get a hand made unit.

IP Logged
daltmyer920
YaBB Newbies

awesome site! love
the bike

Houston TX
Reply #3 - 11/07/14 at 11:31:29

600 does seen little obsurd for a motorcycle that I spent 800$ also, I have a Dyna and like the sound just wish it was a little louder so others can hear me. Though I have never been in car next to it so I don't know if it's audible to most or not. Thanks

versy mod,dyna, pod air filter, 152.5main 52.5 pilot. 2001, 18,XXX miles $800 Smiley hopefully purchasing ryca kit after having the bike for a year or so
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 11/07/14 at 11:46:09

Well....stay tuned.  I am working on a way to cut out the 1-1/4" diameter baffle in the DYNA and install one that is a bit larger.  It will increase flow a bit and most likely will be a tad louder.

Wanna be my test subject?

Dave

IP Logged
daltmyer920
YaBB Newbies

awesome site! love
the bike

Houston TX
Reply #5 - 11/07/14 at 11:58:29

Ya sure! My bike is apart right now, going to tackle head plug when versey ships me one his new plugs. And do a valve check and adjustment if ned be. But let me know what I can do and I'll try to accommodate

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 11/07/14 at 11:58:41

use the search tab and enter raask, set the time option to all, I'd also use the 1 thread button on the bottom.

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #7 - 11/07/14 at 12:09:15

Thanks Versy.....I never really knew how to use the Search function well.  I always just tried that little magnifying glass in the top right corner, and never found much of anything.

I did find this from Savage_Rob.
-Added a Raask Dragpipe (That thing is friggin' LOUD! Grin )

Dave

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #8 - 11/07/14 at 12:33:47

I have a Raask, and I bought it direct from Sweden and it didn't cost anywhere near $600. To the best of my knowledge Raask had a falling out with his American distributor ( the distributor was charging too much).
It is loud, especially when goosing it on the highway.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #9 - 11/07/14 at 12:38:57

Dave wrote on 11/07/14 at 12:09:15:
Thanks Versy.....I never really knew how to use the Search function well.  I always just tried that little magnifying glass in the top right corner, and never found much of anything.

I did find this from Savage_Rob.
-Added a Raask Dragpipe (That thing is friggin' LOUD! Grin )

Dave

It's all in knowing what key words to plug in.

Many times I just use exactly what being asked for.
knowing raask only has a complete pipe (header muffler) just raask is enough.
other subjects can be a little tough, like "petcock", you'll run the full gamut.  but adding a word or two can really help "leak" "Yamaha" "replace" can narrow down the results but still will be a lot, 1 thread per hit will allow a lot more threads in the list. and you can narrow it even further by selecting "RSD" and "tech section".

WWW   IP Logged
bobert_FSO

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Wichita KS
Reply #10 - 11/07/14 at 19:54:45

Daltmyer920 said " I have a Dyna and like the sound just wish it was a little louder"

I took a 1/2" drill on a long extension and put a hole in the baffle plate of my dyna muffler. It put a little more bark in it without getting too loud.  It also kept enough restriction to not have to mess with trying to jet the carb to an open pipe.

IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #11 - 11/09/14 at 00:04:45

I did not like the sound of the Rassk. It was like a blat blat. And when I rode behind Savage Greg on his, he could be 300 ft in front of me and I  could still hear that blat blat. The Harley muffler or a supertrapp sounds better to me. More of a rumble

IP Logged
daltmyer920
YaBB Newbies

awesome site! love
the bike

Houston TX
Reply #12 - 11/09/14 at 17:47:31

Thanks for all the info guys! I'm going to try drill a hole in the baffle see what happens. Worst case I buy another Dyna on eBay for 30$.....

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #13 - 11/10/14 at 03:12:14

Start small on the hole and work your way up.  Try 1/4" first.

IP Logged
daltmyer920
YaBB Newbies

awesome site! love
the bike

Houston TX
Reply #14 - 11/10/14 at 05:30:41

Will I need to drill this hole through entire baffle? And also should I be able to see through the muffler as is stock?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/12/24 at 16:12:34

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Raask exhaust system

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.