Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
slight oil leakage... should I worry or repair? (Read 65 times)
killsport
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
helps me. Not my
wife.

slight oil leakage... should I worry or repair?
11/06/14 at 08:35:49

Newbie. Loving the S40 and ridden it almost every day since I got it (last week). Noticed that there is a tiny bit of leaking from what I think is the engine.  This is a tiny amount, but I did clean it up about 15 miles ago and it came back.
So, my paranoid question -- is this normal? If it isn't, what type of action(s) should I take?
Thanks in advance!!
2011 Boulevard S40 (4800 miles)

IMG_20141106_113221.jpg

2011 S40 stock... And I'm a newbie no matter what my rating is!
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: slight oil leakage... should I worry or repair
Reply #1 - 11/06/14 at 09:25:29

I'm not worried,... I can't even see it... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
killsport
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
helps me. Not my
wife.

Reply #2 - 11/06/14 at 09:34:09

Thanks. Being my first motorcycle, I'm not sure what to freak out about, and what to be calm about. So I figured I'd ask.  Now, related to this, the guy who I bought this from recently had an oil change done, and the guy who did it is a Yamaha dude. I'm pretty sure he used Yamalube and didn't put in any additives. Should I immediately change the oil? Or should I just put in some Redline Engine Break-In Additive to the existing oil? Or should I just calm down and wait until I do my oil change in about 500 miles?
And thanks again for calming me down...

2011 S40 stock... And I'm a newbie no matter what my rating is!
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 11/06/14 at 09:48:52

Yamalube in a suki?  in some places that'll get you killed.   Grin

A lot of your questions will be answered in...

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1344399573

and

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1366651397

« Last Edit: 11/06/14 at 11:18:47 by Dave »  
WWW   IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #4 - 11/08/14 at 17:07:36

killsport wrote on 11/06/14 at 09:34:09:
Thanks. Being my first motorcycle, I'm not sure what to freak out about, and what to be calm about. So I figured I'd ask.  Now, related to this, the guy who I bought this from recently had an oil change done, and the guy who did it is a Yamaha dude. I'm pretty sure he used Yamalube and didn't put in any additives. Should I immediately change the oil? Or should I just put in some Redline Engine Break-In Additive to the existing oil? Or should I just calm down and wait until I do my oil change in about 500 miles?
And thanks again for calming me down...

There is nothing on a motorcycle to freak out about. Motorcycles are calmers, not freakers.  You don't need an additive; you just may end up with a slipping clutch. Most of us older guys just use 15w40 Rotella Dino or synthetic Rotella. Get a Clymers manual and read this site till you get the "feel" of your bike. Then you will know the difference between a seep and a leak. Check your oil level every time you ride. (I use a mechanic extension mirror.) Check tire pressure once a week. Listen to the old guys who give conservative information. Enjoy.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:25:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › slight oil leakage... should I worry or repair?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.