11/02/14 at 21:08:29

1985 Honda ATC 70.  $80!   Cool

Runs good but I have a few proactive to-do items
- Tires need patching
- Needs a new plug wire
- New petcock
- Seat recovered
- Good bath

Had one exactly like it when I was 10 years old. Couldn't pass it up.

IMG-20141102-02360.jpg

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Re: New Family Member
Reply #1 - 11/04/14 at 06:59:05

Wow been a long time since I saw one of those.
Congratz!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #2 - 11/04/14 at 07:37:41

That looks like a "Lot of Fun" machine !   Cheesy     For the price you got it for you can't go wrong.   Thats the same motor the Chinese have copied on so many of there toys , I've had a couple of them , 100cc dirt bike(4speed) and a 110cc FourWheeler (3 speed/Rev.) both of them have been "Tough-as-nails" type of machines.  

enjoy !  Cool

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #3 - 11/04/14 at 08:06:58

Sweet!  Those were all over the place when I was growing up in Lakeside, CA.  Was even riding one in "the sand pits" with my jaw still wired shut from a motorcycle accident  Cool.  My folks woulda killed me, had they known.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #4 - 11/04/14 at 08:26:34

Yeah, looking forward to having it around. Been looking for a mule (the motor driven kind, not the hairy one you feed) or a decent sized used 4 wheeler to work around the property and pull my small utility trailer and I came across this. Until I can find an affordable bigger ATV/UTV, this will be perfect to ride to the mailbox, down to the creek, garden, shop, etc.  and around the property when I just feel like acting up.

I told my wife I was reliving my childhood, and she quickly responded with "you never quit!"  True...40 years old and still a kid at heart.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #5 - 11/04/14 at 20:46:46

Just be careful of the turns.  They fall over easy.  That was the reason they banned the sale of new ones and why we now have 4-wheelers.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 11/04/14 at 20:56:35

My 90 yo dad picked up a 250
I think I've ridden it more than he has   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #7 - 11/05/14 at 00:26:46

I got one of the china 250 cc four wheelers a couple years back .   It came with a 428 chain and misaligned sprockets.   The chain wouldn't stay on under tork.   After manufacturing some swing-arm bushings and refitting a size 530 chain/sprockets to it , its been OK.    Only paid $1150.oo for it new in the crate delivered to the door.  Then a year later I bought a older Kawasaki Bayou for my son to ride (the 110 was getting to small).   The Kawasaki is a work-horse of a machine , better engineered and better materials. They made them for a lot of years and they range from 220cc to 250cc's .   But , good luck on finding one of them !  Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
AlfromNH
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #8 - 11/05/14 at 11:18:20

My best friend growing up had an atc90 which I rode every chance I got. Then when I was stationed in southern California I went to a friends house for Thanksgiving up in San Luis Obispo and we rented some of them to ride the sand dunes on the beach. That was probably the best Thanksgiving I've ever had. A lot of drinking. I think we might have had some turkey too (kinda fuzzy memory about that part).

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #9 - 11/05/14 at 11:24:24

AlfromNH wrote on 11/05/14 at 11:18:20:
A lot of drinking. I think we might have had some turkey too (kinda fuzzy memory about that part).

I didn't know Turkey could have a negative affect on your memory? Shocked

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #10 - 11/05/14 at 11:49:00

Dave wrote on 11/05/14 at 11:24:24:
AlfromNH wrote on 11/05/14 at 11:18:20:
A lot of drinking. I think we might have had some turkey too (kinda fuzzy memory about that part).

I didn't know Turkey could have a negative affect on your memory? Shocked

Yeah, it's all the L-triptophan   Wink

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #11 - 11/06/14 at 08:19:00

Ok team...I am cleaning up the trike and the muffler is intact but pretty well rusted on the outside and is just unsightly.  

Considering this is not a show quality project, what is the best way to remove the rust from the outside and make the muffler look fair?  I am considering just washing it with a good de-greaser and light scrubbing as I am worried that being too aggressive may compromise the muffler if there are any really thin spots.

After cleaning, I am thinking of just shooting it with a coat of black high-temp header paint from the auto parts store and letting it be what it is.  Not trying to make it look factory new, just a good cleaning and prevent any further rust/corrosion.

Sound like a reasonable approach?

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #12 - 11/06/14 at 08:25:41

You could try regular coke and crumpled aluminum foil supposed to work great for surface rust.  Or just put on a Supertrapp slip on. That's what everyone ran when I was a kid

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #13 - 11/06/14 at 08:51:46

Thought about that, but note that it's not a chrome muffler...it apparently came flat black, not chrome so I don't know if that still works on non-chrome?

I do have a small welder and basic welding skills, so I could fabricate a new one if I knew what muffler to get and had all the parts...I just need to minimize my investment. If I knew where to get one for next to free I'd be willing to give it a shot.

Otherwise, scrub and paint will be in my future.  Tongue

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #14 - 11/06/14 at 12:41:24

Did you scout eBay for spare parts? Great deal you got, was it a yard sale?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:23:37

General CategoryThe Cafe › New Family Member

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.