Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
And I was thinking she could..... (Read 104 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
And I was thinking she could.....
11/02/14 at 11:48:27

Makes me really question my aptitude at judging candidates....

I have even posted on this board I thought Hillary would be a good choice for the next president.

Ok, you won't read/hear about it in the mainstream media, you have to go elsewhere to get real information, this came off of.....

POLITICO

"Clinton campaigned for Bruce Braley in Iowa. She didn’t just pump up the Senate hopeful’s resume in her stump speech – she took a harsh jab at his rival, Republican Joni Ernst, for not sitting down with the Des Moines Register’s editorial board.

“They have to be willing to answer the tough questions, which Bruce has been willing to do and his opponent has not,” she said in Iowa. “It really seems like it should be disqualifying in Iowa of all states to avoid answering questions.”

Catch her last sentence....

She of the famous reply, "I don't remember" or dodging Benghazi question with, what does it really matter....

I don't trust the whole lot of them, nor the mainstream press, and it appears I am in the growing majority who will get information for themselves,  not believing the spin and tripe from academia, media, or other factions that capitalize on the status quo.

Something is really brewing, it is NOT just those who are mislabeled Tea Party who are about to launch a groundswell of change..... its just plain old folk too.

I hope this midterm election provides such a strong earthquake Washington is shook to its roots of fear.....

Odd how the mainstream press is giving little attention to this election, I guess they think they can claim its irrelevance if they ignore it.......

Can wait to watch these talking heads turn to blather and babbling idiots this week  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: And I was thinking she could.....
Reply #1 - 11/02/14 at 17:19:17

I don't watch TV news or read the paper for more than entertaiexpects apurposes,BUT,I get important opinion making info from the MSM anyway.
When they start smearing and belittling someone or a group, I tend to look at them as likely being wrongly accused. The media have,over the years,been shown to be nothing more than a mouthpiece for a larger interests. Yeah,we may see the NAMES and the PARTY change,But who really expects a direction change? Everything that the Right has argued AGAINST,declaring the direction and the legislation to be Bad for America,should they Regain control of the Houses,will Do NOTHING to UNDO what has been done and will continue to fail to do what the law Requires the Federal Government to do while they continue to expand and DO what the Law says they have no authority to Do..
Things won't get better while Americans continue to accept leadership that endorses behaviors that are so completely UNGODLY. Keep on pretending it's Her Business if she kills her unborn, keep pretending God didn't define marriage, keep pretending it's something we can vote on.
We need a national day of prayer,when the people cry out,in one voice,asking that our land be healed.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #2 - 11/02/14 at 17:53:05

George Carlin:

Viewer discretion advised, I'll also put the url if this is deemed too inappropriate.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-11-02/american-dream-you-have-be-asleep-be...

3 minute vid which is a classic, a must watch.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #3 - 11/02/14 at 19:39:06

Personally, I follow this line of thinking... and if we all did, maybe they would get the point....
If no one votes.... who gets elected?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIraCchPDhk#t=197

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 11/02/14 at 20:01:58

He is wrong. The good people don't Want to be OVER others. The first clip,he gets real close. Anyone here ever go to school or grow up around anyone who made it to DC? I have not. I Have been around the Kind of people who I have Seen in DC, and they were arrogant and selfish and liars and I didn't like them. It's a Rare politician who doesn't shaft the people. Only Ron Paul can I name, but there is one other I THINK might have qualified,his name escapes me,he recently died..Wore The WORST rug I've seen..

EDIT to add

Take note of the website that first Carlin clip is on.
Zero Hedge thought enough Of That Rant to put it on their website.
That's a financial analysis type site. They are not about comedy and comedians, they are about what is Going ON,
Again, The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America by Charlotte Izerbyt, free online and there are You Tube interviews with her. You can fire one up and listen to it while doing other things and when something is said that makes your head spin,you can back it up and listen again..And I Promise,if you'll listen,you Will be backing it up and listening to parts again. For many,it will be too much to accept. I Watched our schools go down. I Watched them make changes and THEN, when the results were disappointing(easily to have been expected, just as knowing what NAFTA would do was Easy to see coming, but the liars and thieves who want to destroy America were"disappointed" by the results,,phhhht)Rather than GO BACK and UNDO what they had done that CAUSED the results that were disappointing,They USED that failure to CALL FOR MORE POWER to make changes!  Who here is such an idiot that would,while tuning a carb, make an adjustment that made it run worse and THEN rather than GO BACK and Restore it to how it was, dig DEEPER,make More changes and IGNORE the fact that the last"adjustment" had been a mistake? Are you that STUPID? Do you know anyone who is? Me neither!!  SOO, the ONLY reasonable conclusion is, it was intentional..
I Knew that,so,I was only getting Confirmation from her. For the Still Blind
among us,what she says won't be easy to accept,because it goes against your concept of reality.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #5 - 11/03/14 at 02:58:23

JOG, my own two cents' worth from across the pond.

If you are Mr. Average, you will send your kids to school, they will get their education and get themselves a job, and live their life.

ALL within the confines of those two yellow or white lines which determine "your lane" in the highway of life.

BUT

If you have enough money AND enough brains, you will INVEST in your child and send them off to an upmarket school, boarding school kind.
There he/she will live 24/7 with other upmarket kids from upmarket families with upmarket jobs...
There YOU will meet those upmarket parents and share YOUR upmarket life, anectodes - and golf - with them.

Once it is time for College, will you send your kids to Ohio State ? I Think not !
They will go to Harvard/Yale/Columbia/whatever, not to study computer science and biology (that's what smart average guys do) but to study the upmarket rules of the game: LAW.

Upmarket College graduates will marry upmarket College graduates, work upmarket jobs in upmarket positions of upmarket companies, have upmarket salaries and make sure their children, in turn, will live the same life.

Me ? My son went to state elemenrary, middle and Jr.High School.
But when things started looking rough, I bit the bullet and enrolled him into a definitely upmarket private High School.
Not only is the environment completely different: no politics, no waste of time, no workers' unions to ruin the school environment: he actually likes going to school and stays afterschool, too.

Definitely another way of "doing" school. And different parents to greet and do small talk with.
Not that I dodnt like being Mr. Italian Dad with other Italian dads...
But there's no mention of pushing drugs, or "february week of self-management" and other ways to waste your time and ruining your life.
Just lots of hard work.

When College comes up, I will NOT be soliciting this or that State College, but this or that private university.

If I can afford it, it's all for the benefit and the future of my son.

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 11/03/14 at 08:00:28

Our grandson is in a private school. I didn't have enough proof, money, good sense, whatever,to protect my daughter.. And I had heard Nothing but good about the school in the little town of Lindale...
Your 2cents are well  received.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 11/03/14 at 11:28:36

I find it alarming that the ONLY respondent to my post and its claims is someone who doesnt even face what we are facing here. OUR people are quiet on the subject. Many dont believe me, in spite of the obviousness of HOW we got here. Theres no way to call it accidental.

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #8 - 11/03/14 at 14:42:12

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/03/14 at 11:28:36:
I find it alarming that the ONLY respondent to my post and its claims is someone who doesnt even face what we are facing here. OUR people are quiet on the subject. Many dont believe me, in spite of the obviousness of HOW we got here. Theres no way to call it accidental.

Being in MS.. I am well aware of the advantages of getting beyond the public system. My oldest, my daughter was in private school but only through third grade, instead we focused on buying a house in a good school district.  Is it the BEST? probably not, but it had to do. This did prep well for public university at Ole Miss. My son I feel has not been so well served by the same said system. And this may well put him on a much rougher road in his life. Well one does what one can.

MS is the poorest state in the nation, being good here may not mean much, but then you do get the hope of being a big fish in a small pond. On the grander scale of being able to roll with the movers and shakers of the globe.. prolly not.  

The deck has always been stacked against the "hewers of the wood", that is really nothing new. It does seem that the "best of times" say the 1960's for being upwardly mobile may be past, but then the bottom does seem to have come up some, so there is that.

I like to enjoy Carlin for what he is, sit back with a beer and let both be a buzz. He he has said things that I also see as from another place or time.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #9 - 11/03/14 at 16:33:05

In  MINN,  their is a candidate,  
who,  WORKED, for his fathers company,
He, WORKED, in the stores.
He, WORKED, stocking shelves.
He WORKED,  being a sales person.
Now, he, inherited, millions, of dollars.
 (Fleet-Farm)

Their is another candidate,  who has,
  NEVER ONE DAY,  "  WORKED, "      NEVER  !!!!!!!
and  inherited BILLIONS of dollars,
Which are ALL in ANOTHER State, so he does NOT Pay ANY Tax on them !!!!!
(Target-Daytons)

Can you Guess, which one the demo’s are, supporting ??????????
(Many people call him:  "Gov Goofy")    LOLOLOOO

Gee,  how ya gonna VOTE  tomorrow   ??????

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #10 - 11/08/14 at 09:04:16

Col. Pescatori -

I differ with one thing you said.  As a graduate of The Ohio State University, I find your comparison way off base.
One of my dear friends, who died last January of a sudden heart attack at age 63, graduated from Ohio State.  He was the son of a stucco worker.  At his death, his net worth was about $65 Million.
My friend's young son is age 26, absolutely brilliant, and another graduate of Ohio State's Fisher College of Business.  He may be the wealthiest 26 year old in our part of the state now, and he will carry on his father's work very well.
Yes, this son went to a private school through high school, but his father was adamant that he go to Ohio State for college.
As for law schools, some public universities rank right up their with Harvard and Yale.  As much as it hurts on Ohio State grad to admit it, the University of Michigan's law school is right at the top.
Ohio State, University of Texas, UCLA, and Michigan have top ranked medical schools.  Our James Cancer Hospital at Ohio State, and M.D. Anderson Cancer Center at the Univ. of Texas are perhaps the two best in our country in research.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/01/24 at 23:42:11

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › And I was thinking she could.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.