Send Topic Print
New gas tank (Read 172 times)
Michael L

brumm..!

Denmark
New gas tank
10/31/14 at 13:44:46

Hey everyone

I've found a peanut style gas tank that could be a really nice fit for the savage backbone, and thought I would share it with ya'll..

It's a Suzuki Gn 125 / 250 gas tank

This tank is similar in the cavity underneath, with a wider section in the bottom end, which is exactly what is needed for the savage backbone. I think this tank has a very cool look to it too, more narrow and shorter, with an old school touch..

I am currently bidding on one of these on ebay..

A quick note, the Gn 400 tank doesn't look to fit very well..

Let me know what you guys think

here's some pics :

IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Re: New gas tank
Reply #1 - 10/31/14 at 13:55:20

It does look pretty good but slightly less capacity than our stock tank.  I sure would love to find a 4 or 5 gallon tank that would fit our bike and look good.  Not so much for long trips but so I don't have to fill up every other day.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
Michael L

brumm..!

Denmark
Reply #2 - 10/31/14 at 15:58:26

I did think of that too tocsik, but since the savage does have a fair enough mile to the gallon, I thought it wouldn't be a problem..

But hey, surprisingly enough, the gn tank actually holds 10,3 liters versus
the savage's 10,5 ? I wouldn't have thought that, but sweet..  Smiley

4-5 gallons, that's a tough one..

IP Logged
strang

london
Reply #3 - 11/12/15 at 11:21:38

I tried this tank today. It's very close to being able to fit, would need to only use a shorter top engine mount bolt/maybe a tiny bit of hammer work around the middle. Back fits easily.
They are still making these new - I tried one from a Uk supplier but they are also available new direct from China via aliexpress.com in quite a few colours.
This tank didn't match up with the seat I have already built and so I decided I am going to stick with the GT tank route but thought I would post this here for info.
I checked these quoted dimensions and they are correct. I'm 95% sure the gn125 and gn250 tanks are the same dimensions. 

gn250_tank.jpg
  IP Logged
chzeckmate
Serious Thumper

Be the person your
dog thinks you are

Houston, Texas
Reply #4 - 11/12/15 at 12:03:00

It's a sweet looking tank. I'm eager to hear how it goes. I'm still planning to try a GV250 tank...more capacity. I'll post when I do it.

'05 S40, dyna muffler, rejet, high flow filter, Mobil 1 Racing 4T, Shinko 230 set with 140/90 rear, raptor, seat lift, LED running lights/signals, tach, reversed risers, homemade MR10 Lexan windscreen
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 21:24:24

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New gas tank

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.