Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 41
Send Topic Print
OK, it aint' the Dragon.. South Texas Savage ride? (Read 4805 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: OK, it aint' the Dragon.. South Texas Savage r
Reply #30 - 11/02/14 at 20:44:50

pg wrote on 10/31/14 at 15:25:55:
I'd have to go an additional 200 miles as opposed to western Carolina.  It would be worth it though, I would have to go by JOG's town.   Huh

How you figger it'd be wurfitt? You don't think I'd wanna meet up ,maybe grab a burger, Heck,if it's cool with the wife and you need to layover,maybe stay the night,you don't Really think something like that could happen,do you? Awww, you just never know...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #31 - 11/02/14 at 21:30:45

Easter is april 5th

1 or 2 weeks after?

WWW   IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #32 - 11/03/14 at 15:30:15

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/02/14 at 20:44:50:
pg wrote on 10/31/14 at 15:25:55:
I'd have to go an additional 200 miles as opposed to western Carolina.  It would be worth it though, I would have to go by JOG's town.   Huh

How you figger it'd be wurfitt? You don't think I'd wanna meet up ,maybe grab a burger, Heck,if it's cool with the wife and you need to layover,maybe stay the night,you don't Really think something like that could happen,do you? Awww, you just never know...

I wouldn't want to be an inconvenience, perhaps a cup of coffee.  I won't be able to get away from work in the spring time; although, I'm starting to plan a trip in the summer time.  I'm thinking of going through TX, NM, up to CO, and after that I don't have a plan.   Huh  

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
savskad

Be the best you can
be

Austin, TX
Reply #33 - 11/19/14 at 12:50:00

So long as I get some solid dates from when everyone is free I'll look into taking some time off from work to make it work for me, otherwise I'm pretty flexible, just need about a months notice. I might turn it into a camping trip or something for me personally, since it can be a 100 mile ride one way TO the fun roads. Anyone wanting to join my camping would be more than welcome. Weather here in Texas around spring time is just about always ideal riding weather. Of course for those out of state you may have to "endure" weather that's not quite as nice.

Also, something to consider, there are cabins that will comfortably house 6+ people. Several years back my Dad, Brother, a few of our friends, and I rented a cabin (for like $110 a night if my memory serves me correctly) and all stayed in it. Just about as cheap as camping in my opinion. Maybe we could set something like that up.

Those roads, and some surrounding roads are extremely beautiful Texas Hill Country riding.

But as long as I get some dates, I'm totally down to join.

Smiley

2014 Suzuki Boulevard S40

The views and opinions expressed on this post reply are solely the opinion of savskad, no disrespect is ever intended, unless otherwise specified.
Wink
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #34 - 11/20/14 at 12:00:28

Fredericksburg has a KOA, but not sure if it has cabins, does have tent sites.
Any other suggestions?

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #35 - 11/20/14 at 21:40:06

Heck ! Staying in a tent and warming a can of Beef-Stew over a fire is half the fun .  Smiley     Not there is anything wrong with a cabin and a cot either !

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #36 - 11/21/14 at 02:33:01

Ya'll got places you want checked out?  Can't find enough info on the internot?  Tell me what you want checked.

You tell me where, I go there.  Address would be nice.
You tell me what you want looked at, I go look.  I take pictures so you can look.

You tell me to warn them that a bunch of bad a$$ biker dudes are fixing to invade the establishment?   Angry
They take one look at me and start laughing.  Cheesy

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #37 - 11/21/14 at 03:23:11

verslagen1 wrote on 11/20/14 at 12:00:28:
Fredericksburg has a KOA, but not sure if it has cabins, does have tent sites.
Any other suggestions?

Are the KOA pretty good?  Are they worth looking into?  I was at a camp store not long ago and they mentioned them as well.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
savskad

Be the best you can
be

Austin, TX
Reply #38 - 11/22/14 at 05:59:36

I've stayed in these before and they were pretty nice.

http://bent01.wix.com/bentrverreteat

The views and opinions expressed on this post reply are solely the opinion of savskad, no disrespect is ever intended, unless otherwise specified.
Wink
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #39 - 11/22/14 at 09:19:37

savskad wrote on 11/22/14 at 05:59:36:
I've stayed in these before and they were pretty nice.

http://bent01.wix.com/bentrverreteat

Not bad, a little expensive unless we're off peak.
It's in the middle of the 'ranch roads'
http://www.motorcycleroads.us/regions/tx_hill.html

WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #40 - 11/22/14 at 09:52:12

The koa at fredericksburg is $80 per night for a 4 person cabin
or $50 for a tent site.
another at kerrville is $45 for cabin, $30 for tent.

the advantage of the koa's is you can do cabin or tent reasonably close to each other.

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #41 - 11/23/14 at 16:04:43

Thanks for the info Versey

or $50 for a tent site.

$45 is always better than $80 , when its outgoing !  Grin
$50.oo  Shocked  is kinda more than I would have thought ... Maybe that's for a camper sight with hook-ups ?   $80.oo for a four person cabin sounds good !  Smiley but $12.50 is even better.    If the date works out for me (and I suspect it will), then $20.oo a night sounds Great !

I spent some of my military time in El Paso and went through San Antonio on the way there .   At the time I was riding a Yahama XS650 and met a navy feller in Florida that was riding his Trimuph 650 (single carb.) home to San Antonio for  leave.   I had to make that Yahama work to keep-up with him when he'd open it up , and he got better fuel millage too.    It was late in the day by time we got to San Antonio and I had to be in El Paso the next day so I didn't get to see much of the area.   The ride from San Antonio to El Paso went on for a long way best I remember, and there were a couple spots where I pulled out my extra gas can.  Wink.   But it was all Fun Stuff !  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
savskad

Be the best you can
be

Austin, TX
Reply #42 - 11/23/14 at 16:40:56

verslagen1 wrote on 11/22/14 at 09:52:12:
or $50 for a tent site.

the advantage of the koa's is you can do cabin or tent reasonably close to each other.

If I'm not mistaken that's $50 for ONE tent per site? I'd rather do the cabin for $80 and chip in the $20 per person and have a roof over my head and A/C. Of course, it also depends on if the wife wants to accompany me. If so, I may end up having to get my own Cabin.

I'll look around a bit more see if I can't find some other places, even if only for camping. I think LBJ ranch has camping available. If y'all think that would be kinda cool.

Wink
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #43 - 11/24/14 at 08:05:35

We don't have to be Democrats  to stay at LBJ do we ?  Grin  

But yea ! that would be COOL  Cheesy , No Yellow Dog pledge I hope.  Undecided

youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #44 - 11/24/14 at 12:36:39

LBJ is a "day park".  No camping.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/lyndon-b-johnson

Your best bet for staying in the middle of the "road action" is Fredericksburg or Kerrville.

I would lean towards Kerrville as a better jump off area.  It puts you a bit closer the Three Sisters, and not that much further away from roads of interest off to the east.

Of course, there is nothing to stop you from moving your base around either.  I'm willing to join up with you as I can, no matter where you may be based.  Might take me a while to get there depending on which way you take off and when.

Lot the $$ talk to ya!

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 41
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/16/24 at 16:13:54

General CategoryThe Cafe › OK, it aint' the Dragon.. South Texas Savage ride?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.