Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 41
Send Topic Print
OK, it aint' the Dragon.. South Texas Savage ride? (Read 4805 times)
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
OK, it aint' the Dragon.. South Texas Savage ride?
10/30/14 at 03:58:42

Where: Kerrville Schreiner Park  
http://www.kerrville.org/index.aspx?NID=1054

When: 04/17 -> 04/21

Attendees: (as of 04/15/2015)

Verslagen1 - cabin master - L.A., Ca.
 Cabin/Bed
 arrive 04/17 between noon and 3pm
 depart 04/21

youzguyz - Day ride routes - "local" dude
  Maybe Cabin one night..  probably Motel, could be 2 nights
  Arrive - I'll meet anybody inbound on 04/17
  Depart - after last ride on 04/20

MMRanch - Lynchburg, TN
 Cabin/has own cot, has tent if too many in the cabin
 arrive 04/17 at dark w/ 2 others (see below)
 depart  TBD

ArtWebb  Columbus, TX
  Cabin/Bed
  arrive same time as MMRanch
  depart TBD

oldrider  Florida panhandle
 camping (but will grab cabin/hotel space if raining)
 arrive same time as MMRanch
 depart TBD

springman  Spring, TX
"in"
arrive, depart, etc: TBD

crookscrooks
 Maybe

zieglarf                          
 Maybe

savskad                          
 Maybe for a day ride

If interested, please post something on this thread so we know if you are going!
If you have questions. please ask!

Mini-Cabin info:
MINI CABIN DESCRIPTION
23 Mini-Cabins are available to rent throughout the Hill and River Sides of the park. Each 12ft X18ft Mini-Cabin includes two sets of bunk beds, dining table with four chairs, air / heat, 20 AMP outlet inside, utility pole with water and electricity (20 and 30 AMP), picnic table outside the Mini-Cabin, and campfire pit or barbeque grill or combination unit.
All Mini-Cabins are located near restroom facilities with flush toilets and hot showers.
Linens are not provided.
Check in time is 3:00 p.m. with a 12:00 p.m. check out.

We are pleased that you have chosen to use one of our mini-cabins. In order to ensure these facilities are preserved and will service you, uur customer, to their full potential for many years to come, we require a security and cleaning deposit of $25 for each mini-cabin that is rented.
This payment can be made with whatever payment method you prefer (credit card, check, or cash), but the refund can only be processed by check from the City of Kerrville and may take up to 8-10 business days before you receive it in the mail. In addition, all refunds are sent directly to the address used while making the original reservation. To receive your deposit refund, the following
conditions must be met:
1. The campsite area as well as the building itself must be free of trash and debris this includes cigarette butts & confetti;
2. The furnishings must not be damaged, torn, or broken. You will be held liable for replacement costs of furnishings.
3. An inventory of furnishings will be made after you return the key. The following items are provided for your convenience. (DO NOT REMOVE ANY OF THE FURNISHINGS FROM THE CABIN):
Table, folding chairs (4), 2 sets of bunk beds with mattresses (no linens provided), smoke detector, fire extinguisher, broom and dust pan, and key to the cabin - return to office, use "night deposit tube" located to left of Park Headquarters door ONLY if office is closed
4. Please report any spills (that cannot be cleaned up with paper towels or towels) promptly, so that we can attend to them before permanent damage occurs.
5. All facilities are smoke-free and pet-free. The Fire Marshall has prohibited cooking inside the mini-cabins; only coffee pots are permitted. All cooking must be done outside the cabins.
6. Check-out time is 12:00 noon; the key must be returned to the Park Headquarters by that time or you may be held liable for another night's site rental fee as well as a forfeit of deposit. Please understand that we need time to prepare these facilities for reuse.

Failure to adhere to any of these conditions will result in a forfeiture of your entire deposit. If the cost of damages or loss exceeds the deposit amount, you will be liable for the actual cost of repairs, or professional skills it takes a park staff member to return the facility to a useable condition, minus the $25 deposit withheld. Although we do inventory of each cabin's furnishings after every departure, we suggest that you check to see that all of the items listed above are actually in your assigned cabin upon arrival. If you notice anything missing or damaged at that time, please be sure to report back to the Park Headquarters immediately, so that you will not be held responsible.

CANCELLATION POLICY
All cancellations must be given in writing. E-mail is an easy way to cancel, providing all details are included. E-mail cancellations to kerrpark@kerrvilletx.gov with the following information:
name in which the reservation is under receipt # if available
verification of address (so applicable refunds can be mailed to the correct address), reason for cancellation

You may choose one of these refund options if you cancel in writing 48 hours prior to your reservation:
Leave a credit on your account to be used toward future Parks & Recreation items.
Request a refund of your registration minus a $20.00 processing fee per item.

Deposits will be refunded only if 48 hours prior written notification of cancellation is given to the Parks and Recreation office. No refunds are made due to adverse weather conditions unless the park is closed by the City for safety reasons. All applicable refunds will be issued via check and may take up to 8-10 business days for you to receive it.
Please note: All deposit / cancellation refund checks are made payable to the person who's name is on the reservation receipt; we are unable to detour from this policy due to auditing purposes. Make
sure name, address, city, state, and ZIP codes are all correct, thank you.

SPECIAL NOTICE
Please check with Park Headquarters for status of any burn bans at (830) 257-7300.

ORIGINAL POST
==============
No, it isn't the Tail of the Dragon, but South Texas does have some might fine twisty roads in the "Hill Country".
The classic set is the "Three Twisted Sisters" out around Leakey.  Highways 335, 336, 337.
Other goodies are 39 out of Hunt, Lime Creek by Lake (Puddle) Travis, McDonald Loop and 1341 by Centerpoint, etc.
Just wondering if any one around San Antonio, Austin, etc would want to get together and do some riding that the Savage likes to do best.  Hill Country back roads.  Cattle guards, water crossings, roads without lines, scenery sublime.
I'm out riding just about every Saturday and Sunday and know just about every back road that goes somewhere, and more that a few that don't.
I'm not talking about camping, just day riding.  Of course, if you want to come to the area and camp/motel, I can meet you and ride from there.
Any interest?  I'll be out there riding anyway, and you are welcome to join me!

« Last Edit: 04/15/15 at 05:27:13 by youzguyz »  

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: OK, it aint' the Dragon.. South Texas Savage r
Reply #1 - 10/30/14 at 08:04:50

youzguyz

So if a Savage Rider from middle Tn. needed to take a spring ride then you got a plan.    I'm just as good with a campground as a motel , but if the money is the same I'll take the motel.   So the questions are : You got a big enough yard or near-by campground , price-line type motels in the area , and how far is Memphis Tn. from your neighborhood  ?

By time spring gets here there might be 20 of us from the south-central area needing a "Twistie Fix"  Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #2 - 10/30/14 at 10:20:45

MMRanch wrote on 10/30/14 at 08:04:50:
youzguyz

So if a Savage Rider from middle Tn. needed to take a spring ride then you got a plan.    I'm just as good with a campground as a motel , but if the money is the same I'll take the motel.   So the questions are : You got a big enough yard or near-by campground , price-line type motels in the area , and how far is Memphis Tn. from your neighborhood  ?

By time spring gets here there might be 20 of us from the south-central area needing a "Twistie Fix"  Grin

I don't camp or motel, as all I can do most of the time is day rides.

However, I've heard good things about this place:
http://rvcoutdoors.com/medina-highpoint-resort/
And it has a good location for launching to various back roads.

Here is a link of some other places.
http://www.hillcountrycruising.com/lodging.html

And there are state parks to camp in as well.

"Only" 930 miles from Nashville to San Antonio.  Grin

So, if you decide to wander over this way, let me know.  It would be great to meet ya and ride some Texas back roads together  Cheesy

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
HondaLavis

It's nothing
personal; the other
one came first.

Plano, TX
Reply #3 - 10/30/14 at 10:31:09

I'd love to, and the Texas weather is beautiful for riding right now.  You can't really go wrong with any of the back roads in the hill country.  I've got a nice route out to Llano that I've enjoyed a few times.  It goes through a few state parks, by a few lakes, and ends at a nice BBQ joint!  Cool

"You ride a single cylinder motorcycle??"

"When you're good, one is all you need." Wink

I guess that means I'm no good anymore; I've got 4 more cylinders! '08 Yamaha FJR1300 and still '01 Savage
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 10/30/14 at 11:12:50

and only 1340 for me.
But you're gonna have to put together a week of activities.

WWW   IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 10/30/14 at 12:08:23

I'd love an excuse to go out to the Lone Star Motorcycle Museum again.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #6 - 10/30/14 at 12:25:37

Well....my wife was born in Killeen.  Maybe I could convince her that I was just going there to see where she was born.

I watch the Texas Country Reporter on TV now and then.  Looks like there is fun stuff do to down there.

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #7 - 10/30/14 at 12:49:42

verslagen1 wrote on 10/30/14 at 11:12:50:
and only 1340 for me.
But you're gonna have to put together a week of activities.

I don't do much except .. ride.  I can certainly layout enough routes and roads to keep you amused and include suggestions for meal stops.

Other activities would depend on what you want to do.
Ideas that you can research that are sort of around here.
Lone Star Motorcycle Museum (already mentioned by Lost Artist)
Stone Henge II
Luckenbach (the land of the $4 beer.. I don't go there much, but it is expected that people go there)
Dave's Place in Centerpoint (the land of the $1.75 beer, and aviary, and.. Dave (who is just weird))
Micro Breweries
Wineries

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #8 - 10/30/14 at 12:54:16

HondaLavis wrote on 10/30/14 at 10:31:09:
I'd love to, and the Texas weather is beautiful for riding right now.  You can't really go wrong with any of the back roads in the hill country.  I've got a nice route out to Llano that I've enjoyed a few times.  It goes through a few state parks, by a few lakes, and ends at a nice BBQ joint!  Cool

If you have the route laid out in Google, post a link.  I would like to see it.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #9 - 10/30/14 at 12:56:57

I am a little bit curious.....why you never mentioned that "Dave is weird"....until after my first post in your thread?

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #10 - 10/30/14 at 13:30:54

Dave wrote on 10/30/14 at 12:56:57:
I am a little bit curious.....why you never mentioned that "Dave is weird"....until after my first post in your thread?

Dave

That Dave is weird.. not YOU!!  I would never say you were weird.. just... ummmm... unique?   Roll Eyes

OR.. are you the "Dave" that own's Dave's Place in Centerpoint?? I never knew..   If that is the case.. you are uniquely weird.  Grin Grin

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #11 - 10/30/14 at 18:47:12

Versey

This is almost a central location !  Smiley

Lancer how far for you ?  Roll Eyes

Who else in the neighborhood ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
HondaLavis

It's nothing
personal; the other
one came first.

Plano, TX
Reply #12 - 10/30/14 at 20:48:26

Hopefully this works.  This is a fun ride, though it starts in Killeen.  There is a separate return route also back to the Fort Hood area.  If we are looking for places to go, Fredericksburg is a great little German gem with an awesome local brewery/diner!

http://rideplanner.harley-davidson.com/rideplanner/road.jsp?roadId=660499&loc...

http://rideplanner.harley-davidson.com/rideplanner/road.jsp?roadId=660505&loc...

Dave:  You aren't missing much in Killeen.  The best things to do around here are to get out of town and enjoy the surrounding countryside.  That being said, there is a LOT of hill country out here.  Smiley

"You ride a single cylinder motorcycle??"

"When you're good, one is all you need." Wink

I guess that means I'm no good anymore; I've got 4 more cylinders! '08 Yamaha FJR1300 and still '01 Savage
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #13 - 10/30/14 at 21:18:30

ok when?

WWW   IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #14 - 10/31/14 at 03:10:25

HondaLavis wrote on 10/30/14 at 20:48:26:
Hopefully this works.  This is a fun ride, though it starts in Killeen.  There is a separate return route also back to the Fort Hood area.

http://rideplanner.harley-davidson.com/rideplanner/road.jsp?roadId=660499&loc...

http://rideplanner.harley-davidson.com/rideplanner/road.jsp?roadId=660505&loc...

I know those roads that you show west of Burnet.  Great stuff!  Park 4 is a favorite!
Never been on the ones going from the Burnet area back towards Killeen.  Too far out of my way, and nothing really that looked all that interesting.
Like most rides.. you can spend a bit of time getting to the good stuff!  Cheesy

You eat at Coopers BBQ?  Well.. each to their own..  I prefer Laird's BBQ at Hwy 16 & Lampasas.  If you never tried it, you might want to.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 41
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 19:16:22

General CategoryThe Cafe › OK, it aint' the Dragon.. South Texas Savage ride?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.