Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Elio in Biringham this weekend fri,sat&sun (Read 81 times)
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
The Elio in Biringham this weekend fri,sat&sun
10/22/14 at 20:46:50

Well, the wife will be needing a new vehicle in about a year so.... I went and got me a reserved number for an Elio.
Only did the $100 reserved though, so its kinda like almost being someone who walks in with the $6,800.00 and  buys one off the floor, and I get $100 of the price.
Anyway, it will be at the Summit Mall in Birmingham from 9-6 each day I believe, we will be going on Saturday.
Its a 4.5 hour trip up there for us, so we have to leave about 6am, so we can be back for suppertime (a whole days worth of driving for a two hour stay).
If anyone is going to be in the area, you should really go look at this thing, I believe it will take off for those who cannot afford a "low priced car" now days.
In a nutshell, its a 3 wheel, 3 cylinder covered trike (two wheels in front)...that has air conditioning, fuel injection, water cooled and a steering wheel (no power steering though).
Stats are 5 star safety (3 air bags), 8 gal. tank/w a proposed 84mpg highway, 49mpg city, 3 cylinder engine front wheel drive... all for only $6,800.00 (target price).
Ok...advert over.... if anyone is in the area at the time let us know, we could do lunch at a nearby cafe', brew house, local pub.......

http://www.eliomotors.com/

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: The Elio in Biringham this weekend fri,sat
Reply #1 - 10/22/14 at 22:10:34

Sounds GOOD ! Shocked

When they become available I'd like to have one .   If they were ready now I'd get one tomorrow , my son (17 3/4) is trying to take my car over now .    He still has two years of Collage at a local campus before leaving for a finishing school so its still possible to get him an Elio to go to collage with (and I get to keep my Chevy Sonic / only 40mpg).  Cheesy  mabby I should get me the Elio and let son take the Sonic !  Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #2 - 10/23/14 at 12:48:27

Actually ... to me the coolest part is they will be built in LA ( the state), in Baton Rouge. We dont need such a vehicle now, but at that price... I may get one for giggles. If I ever decide to stop riding a bike.. then that would replace it.

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #3 - 10/23/14 at 17:19:36

The are classed as "autocycles" and in five states you would have to wear a helmet... there is a "map".... that Elio has made. Not sure if you have to have M on your license.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #4 - 11/30/14 at 11:20:54

If only I'd saved my money, I'd be able to afford one when they become available
a new 'car' for 6800 bux? heck yeah

IP Logged
jjn

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Keaau, Hi. USA
Reply #5 - 12/07/14 at 17:11:03

I had read somewhere that, the first ones had the little Geo Metro 1000ccc engine in them. Any truth to that? If so, it was a great engine. Both for reliability, and ease of basic maintenance. Had a 1990 Geo and drove it for 160,000 miles. Oil changes and a tuneup or two was it.

Jon in Puyallup, Wa. USA
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #6 - 12/09/14 at 07:53:13

I believe that's the engine they are running in it to get it from show to show....they are building a 3 cylinder engine from scratch... it is almost ready for testing I believe.

http://www.eliomotors.com/tech-talk-elio-engine-part-4/

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 22:29:38

General CategoryThe Cafe › The Elio in Biringham this weekend fri,sat&sun

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.