Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Cool new Bikes from Kawasaki and Yamaha! (Read 221 times)
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Re: Cool new Bikes from Kawasaki and Yamaha!
Reply #15 - 10/27/14 at 01:06:35

"Sixty one years old ....   (need to count better, I do)

The amount of pain keeps going up and the enjoyment keeps going down.   Wife wants me to sell the bike as it isn't getting ridden all that much lately.    
Cardiologist wants to split my chest open and replace my lower valve assembly with plastic, so I won't be riding very much after that happens.
"

OldFeller, I'm sorry to read about your aches and pains.

If I may contribute to making you feel better, here's my list of suggestions:

1. I do not know what kind of bed you sleep in, but when my orthopaedic told me I was looking at €12,000 operation
(day hospital, they would only let me nap my anesthetic out!) for each shoulder joint  Shocked I realized I badly needed a "Plan B".
(Yes, my National Health Service could provide, but I was - then - 52, sleeping 4 hrs/night in 10-15 minute naps,
and absolutely miserable with shoulder pains that made me cry in the morning and cuss in the afternoon...
... and I was facing a 3 year waiting list...  Tongue )

I gave in to my wife's insisting I should try some bland physiotherapy and a new bed - so we did.

We bought a TEMPUR bed.

I ... ... ...  now ... ... ...  S L E E P ... ... ...  like ... ... ...  a ... ... ...  B A B Y !!!   Smiley

2. F O O D May I suggest you ditch all vegetable oils, if you're lucky they are rapeseed oil, if they're cheap they contain palm oil or linseed oil.

In Europe, rapeseed oil is considered the cheapest, low-end vegetable oil and is only used when bulk makes a difference.
Linseed oil does exist in an edible form, but it is really considered a furniture-maker's oil - to rub into the wood for that nice, rich glow.
Palm oil is ...  Huh well ...  Undecided ... a vegetable oil diesel fuel replacement ...
... NOT what  you would expect on your salad dressing ...  Tongue

REPLACE VEGETABLE OIL WITH OLIVE OIL  Smiley

Really ! Try dressing your salad with a sprinkle of salt, a sprinkle of balsamic vinegar and a dash of olive oil, in that order.
You won't believe the difference AND how much healthier olive oil is compared to ANY seed/vegetable oil.

FISH Try replacing your daily (red) meat portion with steamed or baked fish fillet (not fried, not BBQ'd). You can eat twice as much and feel half as "full" - no upset stomach.

VEGETABLES Try replacing your potatoes or vegetables w/cheese/butter ... with the same vegetables with olive oil.
What's the point of eating healthy greens if you smother them with saturated fats ?  Wink

You're such a great researched on computers... Read about the "Mediterranean Diet" (aka the Greek Diet").
Try your hand at a few recipes.
I can volunteer a few of our own.
Ditch the odd shot of whiskey and treat yourself to a sip or two of quality red wine.

And... if it's less than a mile to buy milk and eggs... if it's a nice beautiful day out there... walk.

Cool

(PS This holds true for me, too...  Undecided ...  Grin )

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Cool new Bikes from Kawasaki and Yamaha!
Reply #16 - 10/27/14 at 04:13:49

Well, trying to make my joints not hurt is always something I am interested in.    So I thank you for your comments and I have actually done the bed thing (Sleep Number bed,  somewhat underinflated and it sleeps much better and more comfortably).    I have slept on Tempurpedic beds and found them to sleep "hotter" than I liked, so I got the overly expensive adjustable air bed instead.

Glucosamine Sulfate is an over the counter drug I have found some success with, it is a cartilage booster which also seems to relieve tender tendons to some degree.

A couple of Advil (general pain medicine) and a couple of Glucosamine every morning makes my day go better.

Yamaha MT-07

"Indeed, I honestly can’t think of a bike I’ve ridden recently that has encouraged such irresponsible levels of pissing about regardless of price."

The new Yamaha entry into the 700cc bike class is pulling light weight and bigger torque and HP than the rest of the models seen.    Handling is getting poorer marks because the engine can so easily exceed the handling and brakes that is common to the class.

Being able to pull a power wheelie at will in 1-2-3 gear isn't helping matters when handling is the topic.

I look forward to the eventual magazine and YouTube ride offs of all these new 700cc bikes.

« Last Edit: 10/30/14 at 09:48:42 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 18:25:39

General CategoryThe Cafe › Cool new Bikes from Kawasaki and Yamaha!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.