Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Cool new Bikes from Kawasaki and Yamaha! (Read 221 times)
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Cool new Bikes from Kawasaki and Yamaha!
10/17/14 at 11:20:56

2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S; 650cc parallel twin mill, ABS, dual disc brakes, tubeless tires ... beats the old Vulcan 500 hands-down!

and Yamahog's new version of the XV950 Bolt ... the C-Spec with a café-esque seat, clip-on bars, repositioned speedo and slightly rear-set pegs ... not bad either!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Cool new Bikes from Kawasaki and Yamaha!
Reply #1 - 10/17/14 at 16:02:21

I'll take the Kow... probably borrowed the mill from the Ninja, just like they did the 500 Vulcan...

... but,... ...I like my Savage...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 10/18/14 at 00:02:49

I could find no info on the 500 Vulcan for 2015.  I did find the 900 tho and it is in the $8,000 range and a 27 inch seat height. A bit heavy tho at 480 lbs but still not that heavy.
http://blog.motorcycle.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/2015_Kawasaki_Vulcan-90...

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #3 - 10/18/14 at 00:26:51

The Kawi pic'd above is the replacement for the VN500 Vulcan and is 650cc ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #4 - 10/18/14 at 03:38:31

First looks at the Kawa 650 twin are appealing.   I like the "adjustable" fitted butt bucket seat and the "fitted" handle bar and foot pegs.

Being a Kawa it will have performance, which the Honda NC 700 LACKS big time.

However, Honda will respond with the new NC 750 engine, a lower seat height and some improved cruiser style performance.   And that dual clutch automatic transmission, don't forget about that.

Shame my bike riding career is about over, we finally got us some good looking right sized bikes out there now.

I will keep my Savage  .....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 10/18/14 at 08:14:18

If someone said, here, go for a ride, I'd hop on the Kawasaki,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 10/18/14 at 08:30:09

Yeah, I lean to the Kawa too.
I might fancy a look, but the old gal still tugs on my heart  Kiss

Oldfeller, what cha talk/n bout willis?
Is there a rule of age I am not familiar with, or do you speak to personal infirmities that hamper your ability?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - 10/18/14 at 11:23:10

The other day  I set and talked with these riders in Astoria Oregon that had ridden across the state to spend the weekend at the beach. Everyone was over 75 and they still rode hard. I believe some people are old at 50 and ready to give up on their youth. You do not have to feel that way tho and if health allows you, then act like a kid til you die.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #8 - 10/18/14 at 14:36:04

Pain, just pain.   Pain in the hip joint, pain in the knees.   It ain't as fun as it used to be.

Sixty one years old ....   (need to count better, I do)

The amount of pain keeps going up and the enjoyment keeps going down.   Wife wants me to sell the bike as it isn't getting ridden all that much lately.    Cardiologist wants to split my chest open and replace my lower valve assembly with plastic, so I won't be riding very much after that happens.

My spare engine is up for sale.   $375

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1413671738/0#0

The Silver Surfer and the carry trailer will go up for sale this upcoming spring.

« Last Edit: 10/18/14 at 15:40:00 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #9 - 10/18/14 at 16:08:03

Engine is sold to Verslagen1 pending funds.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #10 - 10/19/14 at 08:46:40

Gee OF, sorry to hear of your ailing.

I too am 61, will be 62 in January. I sure get my aches and pains. Just bought a hot tub at the end of summer, built the pad, ran the electrical, still building the deck around it. Hard work, but it has been great to soak in for me and my wife. Even use it in the mornings, eases out the morning stiffness real well.

I believe I know your worry and concerns.....

Ain't all that fun to have to accept the consequences of realizing our lives are ebbing to their collective ending.

Do to circumstance I was forced into a new occupation at 58 years of age. Talk about screwing with my brain......
I was sent to school (training) with kids, crap, talk about a fish out of water!
I didn't do schooling very well the first time around (decades ago) and I struggled to learn all the new computer based technologies associated with much of the advanced job market trades.
I was last out of my class  Embarrassed

But in the pursuing years of being on the job, I have surpassed all of them, for there will never be any "program or matrix" that can account for years of living your life by experiencing it.

Oldfeller, this obstacle in my life appeared very daunting at the time, but I can say for having experienced it, I am a much better person on so many fronts now.

You ain't an old horse to pasture now, no, look around you, you got a potpourri of opportunities around you.
Your mind is sharp and never tires of exercise and expanding, don't quit on it.....

Good luck and good hunting old man!

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #11 - 10/19/14 at 09:27:48

Good lesson, RayPUPPY! Stay young and flexible in the mind,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #12 - 10/23/14 at 19:55:17

What ever happened to real bikes? The green Cowasuki is so darn cluttered up around the engine and the Bolt,like so many others, is trying to hard to look like a Hurley.

Final Answer.........I'll stick with the Savage/S40 or the Triumph Bonnie in her various styles of dress.

Larry

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
S-P
Serious Thumper

Back in the saddle
again

Phoenix, AZ
Reply #13 - 10/24/14 at 22:10:16

Old Feller, Yeppers. I'm 62 with a LOT of sheetrocking under my belt. Toe joint replaced, knee replaced last year. Lower back is going, arthritis in the hands.  I took a 100 mile ride couple weekends ago up to northern AZ. Great ride but it was painful after only 30-40 miles. I love the bike but I won't be taking any trips on it I don't think... Getting old isn't for wimps.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #14 - 10/26/14 at 19:48:44

http://www.superbike.co.uk/bike-tests/yamaha-mt07-first-ride/

Yamaha MT-07 first ride

"We arrived back at the hotel after a detour through the harbour to beep at pretty ladies outside coffee shops and by now the panic had set in a little. How could a budget naked with a relatively small engine, a complete lack of toys and bargain-basement suspension be this bloody good? I wasn’t aching, I could still feel my fingers and to be honest I’d have happily carried on riding until the Federales eventually caught up with me. Just as well the Yamaha grown ups took the keys back when they did.

As far as competition goes, the MT-07 blows the current class-leader, Kawasaki’s ER-6, out of the water completely in terms of fun, character and performance. Indeed, I honestly can’t think of a bike I’ve ridden recently that has encouraged such irresponsible levels of pissing about regardless of price."

All the bike makers are treating the 700cc class as serious business now-a-days.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 17:57:49

General CategoryThe Cafe › Cool new Bikes from Kawasaki and Yamaha!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.