Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
the slow creep of hopelessness . . . (Read 354 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: the slow creep of hopelessness . . .
Reply #30 - 11/12/14 at 14:27:45

Dr. George said "to increase your rate of success... increase your rate of failure"

If you're only bad 5 days outta 30... count your lucky stars.

WWW   IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #31 - 11/12/14 at 15:04:45

verslagen1 wrote on 11/12/14 at 14:27:45:
Dr. George said "to increase your rate of success... increase your rate of failure"

If you're only bad 5 days outta 30... count your lucky stars.

I hope it turns out that way, but right now idk, the days when I'm not depressed, I'm not a bundle of joyous energy either.

who's Dr. George?

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #32 - 11/12/14 at 17:14:21

In my line of work I meet people from all walks of life, many disciplines, and from nearly all parts of the country.  For the most part everyone says the same thing, their is little to no recovery anywhere.  The only state where they say the economy is doing well is Texas.  

Regarding what people do for a living, that is the same as well.  You are enjoying a high quality of life if you are a doctor, lawyer, or you are in the petroleum business in some capacity.  You will probably find a pretty good job if you attend some kind of nursing program.

If you are not so fortunate to find yourself in one of those disciplines, you either have to be extremely lucky, or be at the right place at the right time.  Otherwise you have to be the very best at what you do to have shot.      

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #33 - 11/13/14 at 09:52:10

LostArtist wrote on 11/12/14 at 15:04:45:
who's Dr. George?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Fischbeck

WWW   IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #34 - 11/13/14 at 16:30:18

verslagen1 wrote on 11/13/14 at 09:52:10:
LostArtist wrote on 11/12/14 at 15:04:45:
who's Dr. George?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Fischbeck

I was a Dr. George weather ranger way back when  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #35 - 11/13/14 at 16:42:41

today is an okay day. I still want a better life and still have no idea how to get it, but over all my life isn't bad.

score:
D:1  ND:1

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #36 - 12/11/14 at 12:11:07

another bad day, so far, but it'll get better just posting to get it out, might help get it off my mind

IP Logged
tcreeley

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #37 - 12/14/14 at 20:03:54

I get sucky days, but I look at the small stuff - my cat or think how well my hammer is designed and focus on that. I make things with my hands or think of something to make. I get angry- I label the bad guys- the ones who keep us poor, working for nothing.
One foot in front of the other foot- and I've worked forever.
That's life. Nothing special in it, unless it means something to me. It never means much to anyone else. Just me. I let myself think what I want to. I judge everything around me. And I allow hatred to be part of that.
I can't relax unless I know what I think, it is how I know my feelings. If I relax, I can say what the hell, who cares. And things look better to me. It is how I lift myself up.
-I noticed when I was in my 30's that I had some of the things I had always dreamed of having as a kid. Just a few- but it told me- if I really want it, somehow it happens. Keeps me up on those long stretches of nothing.
Remember- tell the world to f-off, who cares, then enjoy a cup of coffee, or a glass of cold water. It is about you, not about them. Enjoy.

tcreeley

it is what it is
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #38 - 02/10/15 at 20:59:30

If you do nothing else, get some exercise each day increasing by 10 minutes each week.  If you haven't anything else to do, go volunteer at a VA hospital or the local Cancer Ward.  Restrict alcohol to one drink a day after you have gotten home.  Report back in two weeks. Grin Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/28/24 at 19:26:05

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › the slow creep of hopelessness . . .

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.