Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
the slow creep of hopelessness . . . (Read 354 times)
LostArtist
Ex Member

the slow creep of hopelessness . . .
10/16/14 at 20:50:36

I feel it coming on, probably be over it in a month or so, but man, people just keep saying, "so change your life"  but I don't believe I can, I don't think I have any marketable skills or anything worth anything and I don't think I know what direction to go in.

I used to kinda feel lost, and okay with the journey, now I don't know anymore.

I know what I WANT to do, but I don't have any faith that it'll be worth it.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: the slow creep of hopelessness . . .
Reply #1 - 10/17/14 at 06:03:03

I hear ya.

--Steve

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 10/17/14 at 07:06:14

I go through cycles of depression every 2 or 3 years... I've done so for 20 years...
Some of us are just wired that way...
I've been in one for several months right now...

Try not to ruminate... don't allow your thoughts to become cyclic...
As soon as a hopeless thought comes into your mind... acknowledge it, then force yourself to think something else... Anything...
Do something to distract your thoughts... (clean the sink, cook, go pull some weeds, take a walk, etc)...

Don't be afraid of seeking professional medical help...

You aren't alone... many people go through this...

Peace,
Serow

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #3 - 10/17/14 at 08:16:40

there is hope
ive been outta work since june and went thru those same feelings
bills backing up, disconnect notices, behind on the mortgage
fishing helped  and getting up into the woods recharged me
drinking just numbed me no help
kept sending out resumes, no replys..
got a couple of interviews
finally landed a job as maintenance tech in a hotel

things will change for you

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 10/17/14 at 11:44:29

things aren't any worse than they've ever been, actually things are a little better, I"m just comparing myself to some silly image of what I thought I'd be doing at this point in my life, I'm no where near that and I'm not "successful" by any real measure.

I know this will pass, but I'm kinda getting sick of the un-merrygo round I'm on

I should at least TRY to be what I want to be right? but failure would really really really hurt.

I'll be alright, I just want to be better

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #5 - 10/17/14 at 15:52:00

LA - you know what you want, but wonder if it is doable, or wonder if if will pay you, or wonder if you have what it takes.  Why don't you check with your state department of labor and see if they provide free testing. Interestingly, the tests, if you answer the questions honestly, might well give you some concrete guidance (and not the Jimmy Hoffa type Please)!

Sitting around thinking about it is like Jr high should I ask Mary Lou to the dance..if you don't you will never dance with her, if you ask and she says no, well, have a cold one and  move on ;but if she says yes, well, could be fun.  The real solution is to start doing and less thinking (yeah, I know, I have a B,A, in Philosophy--don't tell any one Shocked and best of luck..get er done.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 10/17/14 at 16:34:08

Nothing wrong with taking stock, fact I think its prudent.

Our mind is a very powerful instrument, and when we try to "trick" it, instead of listening to what it is trying to tell us, that is where funk roots.

I posted a while back about goggling "Why I need to be right". A whole host of titles/articles populate the screen.
Pick a few and read them, you might find a clue to your dumps.

I know I felt a two by four hit me in the head with a giant DUH, when I was confronted with reality of these stories and studies   Grin

As a society we medicate too much instead of repairing.....

In a nutshell, ya wanna be right, or happy?

Each must decide.......

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 10/18/14 at 09:08:10

...and then, there's Ebola... Huh...

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 10/18/14 at 10:23:13

Serowbot wrote on 10/18/14 at 09:08:10:

And them you ride motorcycle buddy  Shocked

True story.

My youngest son just bought a brand new Mustang GT with 10 million horsepower  Shocked
I wanted to dissuade him from buying it out of MY fear ( of losing him to a car accident as he accepts the challenge of another street rodder).
In a passive/aggressive way, instead of sharing his joy and happiness of his reward for hard work and realizing his dream car at only 22 tears of age, I shared only concerns (mine).
As a good son he listened to me. He allowed me to uh, vent  Tongue
I was truthful finally, and said in a nutshell...... I am merely scared son  of losing you to a possibility....

He replied, "Dad, I understand fully what you are saying and I take it into consideration, but dad look, you choose to ride a motorcycle, we all that love you dearly, and accept you, for you, accepting that risk..."

Obviously he got his moms smarts  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #9 - 10/18/14 at 10:56:07

raydawg wrote on 10/18/14 at 10:23:13:

????... is that a gay thing?...

Yer' mistooken, buddy...  I'm not gay...

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #10 - 10/18/14 at 10:59:24

Serowbot wrote on 10/18/14 at 10:56:07:
raydawg wrote on 10/18/14 at 10:23:13:

????... is that a gay thing?...

Yer' mistooken, buddy...  I'm not gay...

You are many things punkin, but grammar police ain't one of them  Kiss

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #11 - 10/20/14 at 11:21:25

Been out of work for over a year now, got laid off when a big company bought out the place I was working at. Still dealing with it. I'm over 60 and feel the same, not real marketable, most companies don't want to train an older person when youngsters are out there looking for the same job.
 Depression is normal as is anger and questioning your professional life. In other words WTF did I do wrong to end up like this?? Angry
 To add another layer of WTF I lost one of my Australian Shepards to cancer a few months ago. Still miss him even after getting puppy to keep me upbeat.
 Already sold my '69 Ducati 250 to help pay bills and I'm slowly cleaning out the shop looking for stuff to put on e-bay. Even that can be depressing going through all the old junk I've picked up during my journey in life.
 LostArtist, what you are going through suc*s but look at the alternative. Enjoy a nice sunrise or sunset, the smell of fresh cut grass or a nice set of boobies.
 Smile a lot and good luck.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #12 - 10/20/14 at 11:50:59

I'm not sure what is worse, being poor your whole life or loosing whatever you have had the good fortune to accumulated.  

The only thing I know that is worse is when the doctor says, "sorry their is nothing we can do you."

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 10/20/14 at 13:50:05

okay, I'm not nearly as hard off as a bunch of people I get that. just seems that everything I try to to to make myself a "success" doesn't work so I'm about ready to give up on that and just accept where I am and wallow here for a bit.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 10/21/14 at 06:11:44

My fiancee of 6 years just cheated on me.
I'll be 32 this year. I don't have another 6 years to meet someone and get to know them and consider starting a family. All the women on these dating sites already have 2 or 3 kids of their own (wonder why they're single now). That may be fine for them but I kind of wanted a child of my own. I'm not able to support a child yet. I can barely keep myself above water.
I'm not sure I can maintain my house on my own, now that she's gone.

It took me a little under a decade to complete my college learnin's. (although because everything was so fvcked I ended up with 2x 2 year degrees) which only means I can wipe my tushy with either hand. I'm not making what I think I'm worth and I just got hit with an 800 dollar bill for fuel oil. (Usually 2 fills in winter, one fill from April to October) It's going to be a cold winter.

That's deep, pga. I like that quote.

Probably going to sell one of my cars soon. (I have a 25 year old $500 winter crasher, a fun convertible, and the utility Jeep I just rebuilt the engine in.)

I'm not in the field I imagined. Not doing what I imagined. Although I'm excellent at what I do.
I don't know, I can't encourage you. The world is sh!t.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 15:07:53

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › the slow creep of hopelessness . . .

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.