Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
High beam indicator always on? (Read 79 times)
JDDJ12
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

High beam indicator always on?
10/12/14 at 19:24:17

I recently purchased a 1996 savage that was turned into a bobber. I knew that it was going to turn into a winter project since the rear fender was taken from the front of some honda and the tail light is just 2 lights wired into the brake switch and the running light signal wire. However, I noticed that when I turn the lights on my highbeam indicator is always on even when I turn the beam on and off. There also seems to be no change in the beam itself. Any ideas on how to fix this?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: High beam indicator always on?
Reply #1 - 10/13/14 at 03:53:30

There is no way of knowing what the previous owner did in the conversion.  It may be as simple as having put the light that is supposed to illuminate the speedometer face into the hole for the high beam indicator.

You need to pull the tank off and see where the light are placed.  Here is a link to the wiring harness so you can see which wire colors operate each indicator light.  The yellow wire is the high beam, the gray wire is the speedometer light.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1294779818

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 10/13/14 at 10:16:44

Well,, IF you can flip the lite from high to low AND th light doesnt Care that youve switched it,, Id hafta have a look at the switch.. FEEL of it,, can you FEEL anything inside click>? Can you Feel the spring flip a ramp? Ive forgotten what theyre built like inside, but I was In there.. Id look for a Suzuki with a switch like it and just slide it back and forth a few times,, see what "Normal" feels like..
IF you decide to takeit apart.. Get the thing on some cement, not a sidewalk, preferably a garage, sweep up, clean floor,, you drop a tiny thing, you dont want it to have bits and pieces of leaves and grass and dirt to hide in..Lay some rags on the floor. Dont just grab the top and take it off,, Open it like youre trying to open something that may be rigged with explosives,, PEEK up under the edge as you lift it,, see if a spring is about to make a run for it,, Hold your other hand up there to keep anything from making a vertical escape,, IDK if theres even a spring in there that CAN do that, Like I said, been a few years,, BUT that how I open little things like that.. After searching thru junk on floors, after having tiny parts fall, roll, bounce and travel distances that seemed to indicate some form of intelligent life and some manner of propulsion,, Ive learned from my mistakes.. Well,, Ive at least learned That,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 10/13/14 at 10:31:41

Oooh....I coulda' made a mistake in reading what is going on.  If the headlight doesn't change either....then JOG is right.....most likely the switch.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
JDDJ12
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 10/30/14 at 22:02:10

The headlight seems to flash but theres no real indication of it getting brighter so IDK if it is just the bulb or the switch. I guess my first step will be to just check the bulb and see if its still good

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 10/30/14 at 23:15:12

Aim it at a dark wall and flip high and low.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 19:35:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › High beam indicator always on?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.