Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I think theyre fracking us over (Read 58 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
I think theyre fracking us over
10/11/14 at 09:23:39

They SAY it was injected, implying that someone dug a well and intentionally disposed of these fluids into the aquifer. Im not buyin it,, I believe that whats happening is the in the process of fracking ( Busting up desirable resources bearing rock) theyre cracking the rock around the aquifers and the fluids are getting in our water.. or, your water,, Not to say fracking cant be done safely, but these horizontal wells that run close to the water supply? Uhh, NO,, Id like to see the geology layout, see how deep the aquifer is, how deep the pay zone is. Ya know, they dont even Hafta tell what theyre PUMPING into the Earth? Ohh Nooo,,, thats a TRade Secret,, Horse crap,,

http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/news/press_releases/2014/fracking-10-06-20...

I sure would like to have a petroleum engineer explain how arsenic and thallium increase the effectiveness of the fracking process..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Re: I think theyre fracking us over
Reply #1 - 10/11/14 at 18:09:01

So ya wanna build a, new house, (or retro-fit), in the land of the frozen.
A Heat Pump, using water, is a very good way to go.
The water is, 52-54 F, You take the heat or the cold out of it, (depending on the time of year), and put the water back.

Using a, air,  ‘heat pump’, when it is 90, to take the, ‘cold’, out of it.
Or using one when it is,  -20, to take the, ‘heat’ out of it..
Is just not efficient.

Nop, Not in Minn.  One  can NOT, drill two wells, and have a closed system.
I.E., take water, (52-54) out of one, than take the, (heat/cold) out of it, and put it back into the ground in the Other one.
Nope, can NOT do it.

You, can do, ‘Dig a Mile + of trenches, 8 feet down, and 8-10 feet apart, put a pipe in it, cover it up.
THEN, pump water through it, in a loop, And do the, (extract heat or cold) from, That Water’.

Of course, that will work real well on a 1/8 a acre City lot.  And if you are in the Country, How many acres of land do you need ?????

But that is only about 7-9 times more expensive, than drilling two wells.

So, most have to use, ‘Gas/Oil’.
How do we, get, the, ‘Gas/Oil’ ?
By PUMPING  POISONOUS water/substance, (in other States)
into the ground, which goes into the water table. and affects the wells !!!!!
To get the, ‘Gas./oil’ out.

Now,  (at this point),  ‘Franking’, is not allowed in Minn.
(Gee, wonder how long that will last)

But what IS ALLOWED.  IS, in the big buildings in downtown Mpls/St.Paul, they have Wells.
They Pump water out, Take the heat or cold out of it,
then DUMP it in the river.  
Several Millions, of Gallons of water, Every DAY,  Get pumped into the Mississippi.
(Well at least their are no, ‘Zebra Mussels’, in that water).  LOLOLOLO
Or, ‘Asian Carp’,  (opps),  can’t call them that any more,
“BY ORDER OF THE STATE”, they are to be called, “invasive carp.”

As ’Samuel Clemons’, said  Many Years Ago:
“Government is far to important,
to be run by politicians’.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 10/11/14 at 18:26:24

Have you actually looked into the cost of One well,? Which,by the way,is all you'd need.  You don't need 2wells . Returns could be put back between the production tubing and casing.
The cost of a man on a backhoe,stripping the soil back , laying coils down and covering them back would be close to the cost of a water well.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #3 - 10/11/14 at 20:58:54

Well, the cost of Wells, vary a lot by location.

Here the cost of a well in Minn, is about 3-5 thousand.
A Septic system, is about 25-35, thousand.
In AZ, it is just the opposite.
(Checking on, the, ’things’, that need to be done their)
Looking to move to the Prescott area.

Just like the three bears:   “Not to hot, not to cold”.
In fact, one time I was in, ‘Mayer’, AZ., and it snowed,
and it  Actually stayed on the ground, for 3 hours !!!!!!!!!!!
(Not 5 Months)

A person on a backhoe, digging a trench, 8 FOOT deep, and a Mile + long, is a totally different story.
Yes 8, FOOT deep.   In MN,  UBC, (for a water line), is 6 foot deep,
BUT, because of, ‘Global Warming’, MANY 6 and 7 Foot deep, water lines,
have  FROZE in the winter.  Not at all, uncommon, for the ground to FREEZE   SOLID,
5 + 6 FEET deep, for 3-4 Months of the year.

After all, why would one drive a 3,000-3,500 pound unit,
on a  LAKE, if the Ice were not 20 + Inches thick ???
And I KNOW, Personally of times, it was 36" Deep !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 10/12/14 at 07:52:15

Yeah, a supply line or"thermal scavenging" line has to be far enough down to not freeze. I can see how it would work for cooling. I'm not even close to understanding how that idea is going to work in winter..

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 10/12/14 at 10:48:12

My buddy has a house with a well about 25 miles out of town...
The electric company put his well on a different meter than his house, and they charge a special business rate for his well...
In effect,.. he now pays $40 a month to use his own well... (While I, in town,... pay $50 a month for my water, trash pick-up, and sewer fees combined...  (I never use more than the minimum)...
I'm wondering if he's allowed to connect solar panels to his special rate water meter... (hook enough to turn the meter backwards and they have to pay you)...
Undecided...

Residents in some drought ravaged areas of California, are in a race downward,... drilling for water...
The wealthiest residents will win,... the rest will either have to have water trucked in, or move...

I don't think I'd want a private well, unless I lived in Minnesota, or Michigan, or some other water rich place...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 10/12/14 at 17:13:55

I was talkin to a guy about maybe drilling a well ,, he told me that Id get water, but unless I went DEEP,, aquifer deep,, I wouldnt be able to use it, cuz there used to be injection wells out here and the groundwater is, well,, not potable to say the least. Its amazing to me that I( Bold I, Underscored I,, Italicized I) can be fined for dumping oil,, YET, oil companies can Just TRASH the WORLD and they are given actual License to do it..

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #7 - 10/14/14 at 13:08:41

Though I have noting personal yet... i am extremely agitated at my states position on fracking. basically every poilitian in the state would be perfectly fine with passing any law to allow anyhing.. and I do mean ANYTHING as long as there is some dividend for them. Truely I suspect that if oil companies wanted to liquified fetus's in the land the politians would wet themselves to jump at it.

The only story I have is that during testing for fracking, damage was done to my mothers house just from the near-by explosions.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 07:41:37

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › I think theyre fracking us over

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.