Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
question specific to Michelin Commander II's (Read 37 times)
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
question specific to Michelin Commander II's
10/11/14 at 07:17:14

I did my searching first and didn't find the answer so had to create a new post.  There was one thread with a lot of posts about personal experiences with different 140/90's; couldn't find it  Undecided

I'm looking at new shoes for my Suzi and thinkin' 'bout going to a 140/90 15 rear to give me more options.
I have side rails/sissybar and saddlebags so concerned about clearance.

I know the tolerances on our bikes vary and that a 140/90 tire will be different between manufacturers.
I know I can swap to button head bolts on the rails.
But hoping someone can give their personal experience with the Michelin Commander II 140/90 on the rear.  Is it far enough from the bolt heads that it's not even a worry?
Thanks.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: question specific to Michelin Commander II's
Reply #1 - 10/11/14 at 19:22:11

MMRanch has the Michelin Commanders on his bike...and he loves them.  Hopefully he will chime in here soon.  They are a high mileage tire, so if you don't ride a lot of miles they may get hard (and slippery) before you wear them out.  If you only ride 1,000 miles a year....these may not be the right tire for you.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 10/11/14 at 20:24:48

I was using Dunlop, eating one a year. 5,000 giggle packed miles..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #3 - 10/11/14 at 22:26:07

I'm running one on a strictly stock bike and have no issues and can't see any sign of rubbing. I'm averaging about 6000 miles per year but probably did more last year with one eight hundred and one three thousand mile trip. The Commander was fitted before the eight hundred mile trip. I'm running a Michelin Pilot Activ on the front. If you have bobbed, cafed, what ever I don't know.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 20:23:04

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › question specific to Michelin Commander II's

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.