Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ol time Savage cafe racer (Read 90 times)
rockabilly
YaBB Newbies

Fossil Fuels Rule!!

Kent, England
Ol time Savage cafe racer
10/09/14 at 12:41:10

So a while ago I introduced myself as a newbee savage owner and the fact that I wanted to build a cafe racer out of it.
Well it's started - going a bit slower than I'd hoped but work, a poorly Triumph an a Rod that needs some TLC on a regular basis have also taken up some time.  Anyway work is progressing so for anyone interested there's a PDF doc at www.bikerbuyz.co.uk/general.html had to do it this was cos it's a big doc with loads of pics. Take a peek and see what ya reckon.
I'll update the file again once the dry build is done and again once sprayed up.
Enjoy!
Wink

Ride Safe - Stay Upright
WWW   IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: Ol time Savage cafe racer
Reply #1 - 10/09/14 at 13:50:04

Pretty nice overview thus far!

I did, however, notice that you seem to have a ghost or demon in your house. Might wanna get that checked out!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

demon.JPG

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
rockabilly
YaBB Newbies

Fossil Fuels Rule!!

Kent, England
Reply #2 - 10/09/14 at 14:14:34

Must be the Gremlin that screwed me Triumph! Smiley

Ride Safe - Stay Upright
WWW   IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 10/10/14 at 07:13:32

The frame modification certainly looks British.  In the sixties I rode British bikes and developed a preference for that straight horizontal back bone and seat subframe that kept the tank, seat, and top edge of the side cover all in line.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
rockabilly
YaBB Newbies

Fossil Fuels Rule!!

Kent, England
Reply #4 - 10/10/14 at 09:25:28

yep in hind sight I could have cut the top tube a tad further back and lowered the thing a bit more, but I wanted that tall spindly look - had a BSA A65 for a while and that was a tall bugger so wanted something on those lines. It does feel right when on board - so over the last couple of days rear light unit has been added along with rear mudguard electric tray front and rear indicators - ply side panels mocked up - next week  I'm looking at gear linkage and wiring! It's getting there

Ride Safe - Stay Upright
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 20:21:59

General CategoryThe Cafe › Ol time Savage cafe racer

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.