45 and a ride (Read 76 times)
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
45 and a ride
10/05/14 at 15:17:12

Minn, Last 2 days rained. (I can't ride in the rain, cause I am so 'sweet', I will melt.  (Was their something in the, 'Wizard of OZ' about that ???)

Anyway, 45 Fahrenheit. Roads are dry, overcast, diver ducks have come down, (I only eat 'puddle', Ducks).

I had to go to town to do something. Had the light coveralls on, a 'new', 3/4 helmet, gloves, and my, 'new  DOT, 'BRIGHT Yellow', windproof jacket.  (DOT = Minnesota Department Of Transportation)  Only problem with wearing that jacket, is, most people that see it, do not believe you are moving.   Grin Grin Grin Grin

This little ICE, Started Right Off !!!!!!! Drove to town, did the little thing I had to do. Than decided to take a, 'stroll', before getting back to wood splitting.  45 miles later. I am home.

Yea it was cold, but I was warm.  DID  meet, 3 other MC's, and it looked like they were dressed for, 'looks', rather then, 'comfort'.

In one place, I stopped to talk to a fellow who I had not seen in a long time, (he was walking down the street in a small town to a bar). We talked for a while. He looked over the bike, and was surprised it was a, 'thump-er', and that it had the IG on the side.  He also had Polio as a child, and shook hands, (Left Hand).  As I left, (4 steps to the bike, after just shaking his, LEFT, hand, (and me doing a, 'U' turn on the street).

Looking back, it seemed he had the, 'wonderment', look on his face, as, "I believe", he thought, 'How could he get a key out, put it in, and turn the IG so fast'.  !!!!!!!!

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1412190332

If this ICE, Starts, and the roads are dry, and properly dressed,
No Problem  !!!!!!!

Hey,  Serowbot, that leather jacket you scored in  AZ.
You don't need it,  send it UP    LOLOLOLOLOL   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: 45 and a ride
Reply #1 - 10/05/14 at 18:52:19

45 and a ride?...  at first, I thought you was packin' heat... Grin...

Just tickled 100'f here, today...  High 60's up on the Mt... so I did wear my leather jacket...(had to bungie it to the fender coming down,.. jes' too dang hot)...
Our ridin' season will start in about 2 weeks, and go through to May...

PS... you ain't gettin' my new jacket no matter how much you cry... Grin...

What size are you?... I have about 8 jackets... I just can't resist a deal... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #2 - 10/05/14 at 20:27:48

Bot,
if you put your side cases on, you wouldn't need to bungee stuff  As the colder weather approaches, it is nice to have a way to carry extra clothing, gloves, scarfs, etc.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 10/06/14 at 05:14:20

I am not warming up to the onset of cold weather.

On Saturday I rode out to meet some friends for lunch. I had on my insulated jeans, a long sleeve T-shirt, a sweat shirt, my jacket liner, and armored jacket.  My gloves were not insulated....and were not up to the task of keeping my hands warm.  It was 41 degrees when I left, and I don't believe it warmed up much as the ride home was chilly as well.  The sun did not come out and it was very windy.  The 30 minute ride was brisk in more ways than one!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #4 - 10/07/14 at 06:59:25

About 25 last year when we were out. Cool

1800269_659107140797547_274289052_n.jpg

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #5 - 10/07/14 at 16:13:14

Love the last post & Photo.

On the Yam XT-225 site, there were a lot of people showing photos of them driving the XT's, in SNOW.

(But on the grass fields, which had 1-3 " on snow on, the back end had the tendency to move, 'from side to side').

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 20:12:37

General CategoryThe Cafe › 45 and a ride

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.