routing wires (Read 91 times)
jasonsavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbia, sc
routing wires
10/04/14 at 18:46:16

so im in the works of putting my savage back together and after changing the location of a few things im a little confused as to how most of the wires should be ran, i have almost all of them plugged in and working properly. i just cant seem to figure out the best routing for all of the wires.

if anyone could point in the right direction or send me a link or something that would be grrrreat! Shocked

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: routing wires
Reply #1 - 10/04/14 at 19:21:44

If I was doing it I'd be looking at the pictures I took before I took it apart.
Or the diagram I made..  Ahhh,newbies,, How well I remember the day I learned to think ahead. I was a "wannabe" body man, so,I was the parts guy, floor sweeper,extra hand,whatever.. The boss told me to replace the passenger side mirror. Back then,remote control was a cable that ran under
the dashboard and there was a knob poking out the dash with 3 little cables in it that aimed the mirror. Well,I just jumped right on it.. I was gonna impress them.. I was gonna get it done in record time.. Well,,I didn't Think about how I was gonna get the cable in there.. not till I had it out.. I didn't have a string on it.. ooopsies. Now,I don't just start taking things apart.
When it's time to pull the clutch cover, a sketch on cardboard with slots to poke the bolt in , so that going together is not a puzzle..

I bet someone can post some pictures and help you out.. is there any particular place that is causing you grief? You know there are "wire ties"
welded to the frame.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
jasonsavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbia, sc
Reply #2 - 10/04/14 at 19:50:45

no place in particular. i have everything hooked up and working apart from the turns just because i havent lengthened the wires yet. i guess my real question is, is there anything that needs to be in a certain place?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 10/04/14 at 20:00:18

Well,I don't know. I never messed with the wiring harness. I Do know it's gotta Not get pinched or burned,so,if you're all hooked up and nothing is gonna get messed up,sounds like you won..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 10/04/14 at 20:14:24

While I don't have a particular love of the current harness, the routing of the wire and the placement of some items are the best place for them.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1099317926

WWW   IP Logged
jasonsavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbia, sc
Reply #5 - 10/04/14 at 22:02:58

thanks! i saw that thread earlier on my phone but i had lost it. i have the clymers manual, yet its not very handy when it comes to the harness

IP Logged
Jeff71

I'm a bike noob!!!!!

South of Chicago, the suburbs
Reply #6 - 10/04/14 at 22:57:40

Does wire length and possible added resistance carry any concern in the S40 setup? Say you wanted to move the decompression controller and needed to extend the wires. Would that pose a problem?
Jeff

Yeah, like I have any clue what is going on....
http://myrycabuild.weebly.com
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #7 - 10/05/14 at 05:25:31

Jeff71 wrote on 10/04/14 at 22:57:40:
Does wire length and possible added resistance carry any concern in the S40 setup? Say you wanted to move the decompression controller and needed to extend the wires. Would that pose a problem?
Jeff

As long as your connections are good and the wire you use is adequately sized( at least the same gauge as what you are splicing to) a few extra feet of wire isn't going to make any difference.

IP Logged
Jeff71

I'm a bike noob!!!!!

South of Chicago, the suburbs
Reply #8 - 10/12/14 at 18:12:52

Much appreciated! Smiley
Jeff

Yeah, like I have any clue what is going on....
http://myrycabuild.weebly.com
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 20:15:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › routing wires

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.