Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Brand New Savage40 questions (Read 170 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: Brand New Savage40 questions
Reply #15 - 10/04/14 at 07:45:43

I got the same identical bike, been great.
I don't do freeways, as its my commuter off the island, riding it to work (motorcycles don't have to wait in the ferry lines).
It just clocked 13000. Did the versyay around 11000. It was getting close but still had some distance to travel still.
Kept "recommended" oil until after warranty expired, then went to the diesel dino crude. You won't believe the difference. Also, got new Metzlers tires, another WOW.....the most important element to riding is the contact of bike to roadway, lose that and you pay for it.
My bike rode so much better, no more squirreliness on road seams, water, etc.
I have the dyna, put on a earlier stock sissybar rack and removable windscreen that really helps keeping my drier and warmer up here in the pacific northwest, oh yea, I put a mud flap on the front fender, as I ride in lots of rain, that keeps the water off my feet and lower legs way better.....
You came to the right place, listen to these guys, not other model bike owners  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
savskad

Be the best you can
be

Austin, TX
Re: Brand New Savage40 questions
Reply #16 - 10/08/14 at 16:31:05

Thanks for all the replies everybody!  Smiley

I haven't decided how "by the book" I wanna stick for Warranty purposes. If anything happens I'll probably try to return the bike to "stock" as much as possible. I already drilled out the brass plug on the Idle mix screw. May have voided the warranty there. If so, oh well, I'm not afraid to have to repair anything on my own so long as it's nothing extreme for a "new" bike.

I need to begin working on finding the right adjustment for my carbs. May be adding to here soon on that as I have been getting some extra backfiring. "Gunshot style" pops.

Thanks again. Talk to y'all soon!

2014 Suzuki Boulevard S40

The views and opinions expressed on this post reply are solely the opinion of savskad, no disrespect is ever intended, unless otherwise specified.
Wink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 20:12:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Brand New Savage40 questions

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.