Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
Send Topic Print
Nickel to copper transmutation energy (Read 1949 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Re: Nickel to copper transmutation energy
Reply #90 - 10/24/14 at 08:40:00

But there is a tinge of fear in the hate speak now as the deriders are obviously scared shiteless about what they are going to find out.

"Science" is now greatly resembling institutionalized religion a la the Dark Ages as "science" has lost its inquiring roots and become a place where change is hated and people with new thoughts get abused by the institution's leaders.    

Or, since it has always been that way, people in science haven't changed much since the dark ages ....

Howler Monkey Scientists, screaming hate, fear, anger and throwing poop at each other .....

While I won't go into it all here as it more a TT topic, the same problems seem to be faced by scientists in other fields as well. I currently watch a YT channel on "space weather". It seems that climate  science has an official position and any one that tries to speculate on other aspects must be attacked adn vilified.
Some of the channels ideas:
earthspots - same function as sunspots
spacewater- that water is wide spread in the solar system and water on earth did not come from comets.
electric universe - just as gravity and magnetism affect entities in the solar system, so does electrical charges

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #91 - 10/24/14 at 09:10:05

When LENR in a crust area near the surface gets proper conditions to go faster, the rocks there gets hotter, melting into magma and as it gets more liquid and it gets lighter so it rises, making a pimple that raises up the skin and eventually pops, spewing very liquid magma that is hotter and more fluid than the general core magma (which is cooler, thick and sludgy generally speaking).

I think youve pretty well got that figured, but there may be another element in the equation that makes it want to rise. As it heats up it increases pressure and the further down we go the higher the pressures get. When a formation has more gas pressure ( in PSI) than the drilling fluids weigh, bubbles of gas get into the well bore. They are heading UP,, Theyre lighter, naturally, since theyre a gas, I wouldnt KNOW, for sure, that a melted rock is less dense in terms of Pounds per Cubic inch, than a solid rock, Solid water is less dense than liquid water, because when it crystallizes into ice the structure takes on a shape that cause it to displace more volume. Rocks? Heck,, I dunno what rocks do,, not in the molecular volume difference between "frozen" and "Melted" rock area,, BUT,, I Do know Heat rises And stuff thats moving chooses the path of least resistance,, So, UP makes sense, whether its measurably less dense in terms of Mass per cubic measure, or not.

A Bubble the size of a pea at 12,000 feet pressing itself into a wellbore filled with 10 pound fluid is gonna be BIG and displace a lot of fluid when it gets to the surface.

A cubic yard of molten rock coming to the surface? Eaux MuGawd,,, And what happens if that HOT Magma just happens to cross paths with a decent groundwater supply 120 feet deep? Might get Juuust a Little bit of a steam EX PLO Zhun..

If someone wants to trouble themselves with determining the pressure at the bottom of a 12,000 foot column of 10 pound/gallon fluid and then say a bubble is 1 cubic inch in size, we can figure the volume of the bubble when it gets to the surface,

I dont know what melted ROCK does,,, as pressure is removed from it,, But Ive seen pictures... Sometimes lava just ooozes along,, sometimes, ya get the Vesuvius action..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #92 - 10/24/14 at 19:35:23

http://www.e-catworld.com/2014/10/24/mfmps-project-dog-bone-has-begun/

Martin Fleischmann Memorial Project’s ‘Project Dog Bone’ Has Begun

"One week ago, the MFMP asked the question “So you want to see a replication?”, well, there seems to be demand for one (thanks for all the well-wishers and donations) however, we obviously cannot do a “replication” per se because we are not privy to all the facts…

What we can do first is empirically answer criticisms of the report and attempt to use our experience to build something for the people – because everyone of us and our dogs should have one!

We think we can build initial test reactors much cheaper than the price that was ball parked to us yesterday and that might enable a much wider group to participate in parameter sweeping.

The team is working hard on the control simulations at the moment and we are starting to model a practical test reactor in 3D."

Oh the photo tease, such a terrible terrible photo tease ....

I see the Dog Bone a glowing ......

Hit it on the first try??  ..... not very durn likely.      More likely just a calibration run with no powder inside it at all.    However, I am LOVING the high temperature glass shelf (clear insulating material) and the camera that can record endlessly that nobody did any hinky stuff during the run.

Ooooooooh, if somebody can suggest an improvement,  I bet they can do her.

Point being that the Dog Bone Rig is real now, the exact same exciter equipment is being used (same as Rossi and the last guys used) and very close to the exact same construction.

Main difference in the Dog Bone RIg has an IDENTICAL REPLACEABLE slim inner sleeve that is holding the powder charge that can be inserted, run, numbers collected, logged for analysis and then the next sleeve of different powder can be inserted without even letting the rig cool down all that much.  

Quick test results -- easy multiple repeats to tie down the details.

They say they are hunting for a one hour total set up time to get to the initial steady state readings ......  quick !!!

Smiley

Now, multiply out these rigs out amongst all the universities and interested parties and very quickly they as a whole will start zeroing in on best frequencies, amperages, voltages and offset harmonics that seem to yield "more" and they will quickly determine the most likely powder mixes that are worth more detailed testing.

And they plan to be able to supply the test rig complete if you want -- just as cheaply as they possibly can.

I bet they know what a DOE (design of experiment) test series is, a statistical process improvement tool that Quality Engineers use to optimize a process.    This experiment has few enough input variables to use a DOE to identify the critical key "knob" variables and to suggest an optimization curve formula that will give them the optimum resulting temperature using those key "knob" variables.

Yup, they needs them a Six Sigma Black Belt or two to  help them out, I bet.   I bet they will get lots & lots of volunteers .......

Cheesy     Science Fairs will be lousy with the things if they can make it safe enough and cheap enough.   Ditto for a popular standard Physics laboratory exercise.

Now, Old_Timer, Justin and I may just kick in and buy us a Dog Bone Rig if it doesn't cost too much.   Or join a Dog Bone team group and help support the team with a few $.

In the next year or two maybe buy a nice cheap two element Chinese built portable room heater that looks a lot like it ???   Just have to slide you in a cheap replacement powder inner sleeve whenever the goodie gets all used up ???    Jest push the old one out the far end when you stuff in the new one ???    

Sweet !!

Grin

« Last Edit: 10/25/14 at 04:48:43 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #93 - 10/24/14 at 20:02:34

looks kinda like althread.....except for the left side is lookin' smoother...might be a trick of the light

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #94 - 10/24/14 at 20:30:29

"Control +"   a few times or   "Save the image as"   to your desktop then blow it up with any decent graphics program -- the rings do go all the way around and it does look like a thread, doesn't it?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #95 - 10/29/14 at 04:44:35

http://www.e-catworld.com/2014/10/29/rossi-congratulates-carl-oscar-gullstrom...

Rossi Congratulates Carl-Oscar Gullström on Theoretical LENR Paper

Posted on October 29, 2014 by admin • 15 Comments

A few days ago, Carl-Oscar Gullström, a doctoral student in the Department of Physics and Astronomy at Uppsala University, Sweden submitted a paper to E-Cat World for publication here, titled ” “Low radiation fusion through bound neutron tunneling.”

The paper can be read at this link:

https://www.scribd.com/doc/244393652/Low-radiation-fusion-through-bound-neutr...

Sweden believes in LENR and Swedish graduate students are studying it and writing papers on it.   The old monkeys howl at every attempt to explain what is happening since they have consistently refused to acknowledge it exists in the first place.

This is just sad, the boy just explained what was going on USING STANDARD ATOMIC PHYSICS AND KNOWN EFFECTS and gave you checkable MATH that seems to fit the existing data.   He explains the lack of hard radiation, too.

And you old monkey scientists just howl at him and start throwing dung at him when he has provided EXACTLY what you have been asking for, a sound theoretical basis for LENR.

Now, what I find less than amusing is the fact that some scientific journals are exercising censorship against  certain IDEAS and will not publish any theoretical works on these ideas.   This attitude chokes off new developing science in these new fields.

Wake up guys, MIT now teaches courses on LENR --- get with the program.

« Last Edit: 10/31/14 at 08:17:00 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #96 - 10/31/14 at 08:16:42

A suggestion for on-off excitation on dual element systems, just switch the excitement evenly between the elements -- when one is on the the other is off.   Won't likely maximize heat that way but it would drive the cost of the electronics in half since you'd only need one set of electronics that ran at the current "set" excitement level which was switched back and forth between the two cores.  

To lower the heat you'd increase a timer controlled delay or off period between excites (increase the one delay period controlled by the timer circuit of the thermostat that, along with the excite current, gets switched back and forth from core to core).    Bottom end temp per cycle would have to be 350oC which is the minimum ignition temperature for the reaction.

Issue with LENR heaters is sizing it properly to your house, you want one that can run pretty much 24/7 and not overheat your house while doing it.   Your standard heat might come on occasionally, but not for very long.

LENR dogbone room heater units will be small and portable in the end, once the electronics are packaged for full commercial production runs and the whole thing is understood much better.

A main benefit to the dual core back and forth on/off system is that the cores can be run at full blast when they are "on" maximizing the overall COP of the dual core system.   Since the excite period is short and the non-powered cool down is long the full range of transformations (including copper) can take place during the full heavy excite "on" periods without melting the powders down.

It is a way of getting a broad range of "variable temperatures" out of a fixed high COP output LENR dual dogbone system.   It doubles the time between powder maintenances and gives you an output temperature range of twice that of a singe dogbone system at a similar cost for the electronics (which will always be the most expensive part of a LENR system).

Smiley

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #97 - 10/31/14 at 08:34:48

Swedish patents for electrical cars have been granted.    Tesla Automotive is their partner in this budding technology.

www.lenr-cars.com

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #98 - 10/31/14 at 09:08:32

Stirling engine for electric generation will probably be the winner.  Sizing will be the key issue as some will need 24 hr operation while most need only 1 hr per 24 hrs.  If these can in turn be pluged into a network and supply electricity it could be a money generator.  Think of it, 24 hr operation, unplug drive to work, plug in, cash rolls in, unplug, dive home, plug in, you turn all the lights on and it don't cost you a dime.  All you would need is a capacitor to even out the spikes.

CO2 turbine sounds a bit far fetched, I haven't seen any application of it so far.

WWW   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #99 - 10/31/14 at 09:20:12

By using a "heavier" gas with greater momentum efficiency is easier to get .....  it is a standard looking very small mini-turbine like the first part of a motorcycle turbocharger.  

Sterling engines will be more efficient and less costly to do at first.

Some proposed LENR systems can generate DC electrons as part of the reaction, charge occurs in the reactor containment vessel, not inside the reactor itself (which is seeing strong AC exciter waves all the time).

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #100 - 11/01/14 at 19:21:46

http://www.e-catworld.com/2014/11/02/report-on-jonp-positive-reception-from-i...

French Fusion Team Member accepts last E-Cat test as real and valid

" .... found this comment on the Journal of Nuclear Physics quite interesting. The poster is named JC Renoir, and he addressed this post to Andrea Rossi:

Dr Rossi:
I have given to control the ITP report to a scientist that is working with ITER project. He is a Ph.D. in nuclear physics, is a mainstream science person and I was interested to hear from him what he thinks of the report.
He told me is a well done work and that there was no better way to make the measurements. He said he has forwarded the report to Areva, with is where he works. I told you this, because I think you may be glad to hear.
Congratulations,
JC Renoir

ITER is a multinational project in France, attempting to create a fusion reactor. Areva is a French multinational company which is the largest nuclear power firm in the world, also specializing in renewable energy projects.

Andrea Rossi responded to the poster saying he has no contacts with Areva, and that he was “honoured of what you write and I forwarded to the Professors of the ITP your comment.”

It’s a little surprising, but encouraging to hear that a hot fusion/nuclear scientist comes away with a positive impression of the Lugano report, and is willing to share it with colleagues."

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #101 - 11/01/14 at 19:36:01

http://www.e-catworld.com/2014/11/02/gwynne-dyer-on-the-promise-of-hot-and-co...

"  ..... Regarding cold fusion, Dyer writes:

“If you’re not happy with those predictions about “hot” fusion power, here’s something else to cheer you up.

“Cold fusion power, which depends on low-energy nuclear reactions (LENR), was dismissed with much ridicule when it was first mooted in 1989. Now it’s back on the table, and highly reputable organizations like the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) are taking it seriously.”

“As Dennis Bushnell, chief scientist at NASA’s Langley Research Center, said in an interview last year, “Several labs have blown up studying LENR, and windows have melted. … When the conditions are ‘right,’ prodigious amounts of energy can be produced and released.”

“The Age of Wonders is not past.”

Personally, I was not familiar with Gwynne Dyer until now — but I notice his columns are published in major news outlets in 45 countries.

EEStorFanFibb wrote in the Always on thread,

Gwynne Dyer is a force in journalism. He’s a well respected war historian and his column is carried in a lot of newspapers. He is very well connected with establishment players including military big shots. His even mentioning LENR in a column is a milestone. Congrats people!"

"Dyer takes seriously the recent announcement by Lockheed Martin that it was hoping to produce commercial fusion reactors a decade from now. He considers Lockheed to be a credible and powerful player, and also mentions other companies working in the fusion field: EMC2 Fusion Development Corp., Helion Energy, General Fusion, and Tri-Alpha Energy. He considers fusion an idea whose time has come, and sees it having a major impact on coal (it would be “killed off”), gas (“the next to go”), oil (it would go into a “long decline”), and nuclear fission (replaced by fusion plants).

Dyer thinks the impact of fusion could cause civil war in places like Russia, Venezuela and Nigeria, who could face economic ruin, whereas energy importing nations could see economic boom times."

Oh baby, those who slung the dung at the LENR guys are shutting up in droves now --you got mainstream media reporting this as real and other very big dog scientists saying this needs more work now that it is out in the open.   NASA has come in out of the dark now, explaining they have been and are still working on a LENR propulsion system for deep space missions.

Israel, China, Russia and Japan have now issued patents to their own citizens now for various LENR items -- Mistubishi Heavy Industries has been working on this in secret for almost a decade now and has WHOLE LISTS of metal pairs that LENR has been proven in lab tests that it can work with.

Rossi has got some folks now uncovering their secret "black" research programs that supposedly predates his work now ..... and some are further along than he is with other materials testing.

Good news is that no USA patents were ever filed, bad news is that when declassified old military projects enter into the public domain, when they actually come out of the black THEY ARE NOT PATENTABLE.

Geologists and Earth Core theorists now tie LENR to the copious amounts of helium gas that comes out of volcanic activity.    Geo scientists are excited as LENR explains a lot of observed items when it is all put together.   Bad news is, if LENR is a natural process, then it is not patentable.

Tongue          fun stuff, huh?    Rossi is so screwed over it isn't funny .....

« Last Edit: 11/03/14 at 05:41:25 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #102 - 11/04/14 at 05:40:16

http://yle.fi/uutiset/green_party_votes_unanimously_to_leave_government/7482977

Norway Politics and LENR

Norway and Sweden are married at the hip geographically speaking, sharing a major mountain range as their boarder.   Needless to say the Norwegians and the Swedish people share a lot of the same climate needs and some of the same universities.

Sweden has accepted LENR and the idea of the relatively safer Thorium fission reactors and have already built a Thorium pilot plant, but the Norwegians are still hashing it out politically about the fission reactor stuff.

The Norwegian ruling Green party threw down their pens and walked away from the government when they lost a key vote on the fission reactor stuff.    This is a follow on meeting with Godes of Brillouin about his large LENR reactor which the Greens are seeking as an alternative to putting a large dangerous fission reactor into their country.

Politics has entered into the LENR equation with the Green Party of Norway supporting the thoughts of a LARGE Brillouin installation instead of any fission reactor.    This will likely be Godes chance at his first larger unit, or at least a larger sized pilot test plant.  

Remember, the Swedes already know LENR works, they bought an early Rossi plant and have a Swedish company now making and selling the things under license to Industrial Heat. Norway also knows LENR works with some of their people having been there from the beginning.

Brillouin has all the full size coal/oil/nuclear sized replacement LENR technology fully developed and designed, they just need somebody with the coins to build the puppy.

If the Green Party of Norway decides Godes of Brillouin is their man ....

====================================================

BTW, for 50 years the natural gas industry and the petroleum cracking plant industry have had issues with unexplained "heat blooms" inside large underground areas of gas shale fields and inside some of their large petroleum cracking/processing cold storage tankage.  

LENR is now seen as a perfectly understandable explanation of what is taking place since the conditions are favorable to a low level LENR style reaction.

What was unexplained before was that no oxygen present and no chemical reaction was energetic enough to heat up the cubic miles of gas field shale that were getting hot in a gas field heat bloom.   And in the tankage, there wasn't any combustion chemicals present or any detectable chemical composition changes when the tanks were drawn down -- the stuff just got hotter for no reason.  

The chemists weren't checking for isotopic scale changes of course.    I think they will now.

« Last Edit: 11/04/14 at 08:19:15 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #103 - 11/05/14 at 19:28:36

http://www.e-catworld.com/2014/11/05/elforsk-publishes-article-isotop-changes...

Elforsk Publishes Article: ‘Isotope changes indicate “Cold” nuclear reaction’

by Elforsks CEO Magnus Olofsson

"The following is a rough translation (using Google as the primary translator) of an article that has been published in the Elforsk Perspektiv magazine (#2, 2014). The complete magazine can be read here in the original Swedish:
The article is on page 12.

Elforsk is a research and development cooperative formed and funded by Swedish utilities and energy companies.

Thanks to Pelgrim108 for finding this!

ISOTOP changes indicate “Cold” nuclear reaction : ELFORSK following developments

New tests of inventor Andrea Rossi’s Energy Catalyzer shows clear isotopic changes in catalyst fuel. The results thus indicate it may involve nuclear reactions at low temperatures.

A month-long test run of an Energy Catalyzer shows again astounding results. In the publication of a new report, written by researchers associated with the University of Uppsala, the Royal Institute of Technology and the University of Bologna, clear isotopic changes indicate an energy surplus which may be due to hitherto unknown nuclear reactions or other unknown causes.

– It shows that we may be being introduced to a new way of extracting nuclear energy, probably without ionizing radiation and radioactive waste. The discovery could be very significant for world energy supply, comments
Elforsks CEO Magnus Olofsson.

Elforsk hs in recent years followed developments in the area generally called LENR (English for Low Energy Nuclear Reactions). Among other things Elforsk compiled a summary of current knowledge about LENR compiled. Elforsk also financed current and previous measurements.

A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY FOR SWEDEN

If it is possible to safely produce and control the now indicated nuclear reactions we are probably eventually anticipating a radical change of our energy. It can open the way for decentralized energy supply. Electricity and heat can then be produced with relatively simple components. Climate friendly efficient energy production would be very cheap.

In the current situation we do not know about all this and whether it is too amazing to be true. The measurement results indicate that a new way of extract nuclear energy may have been discovered.

A small group of Swedish researchers are deeply engaged in trying to understand the underlying physics. Sweden has thus a unique chance to be involved in leading research and development in the LENR field, says Magnus Olofsson.

However, more knowledge is needed to understand and explain LENR. Let us engage researchers to research the phenomenon and then explain how it works.

FACTS ABOUT THE ENERGY CATALYZER

The central part of the reactor is narrow and twenty centimeters long. In the experiments, the reactor was heated to a temperature up to about 1400 degrees Celsius. Net production of energy was about 1500 kilowatt hours of energy
in the form of heat. The thermal energy was three to four times larger than the applied electrical energy. This is with about a gram of fuel consisting of hydrogen loaded nickel with additives in powder form."

So, the Swedes and the Norwegians both intend to follow up on LENR as it suits their countries needs better than fission (no radiation and no deadly waste products).    Expect a lot more research and more patents to follow directly.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #104 - 11/06/14 at 04:03:01

http://www.e-catworld.com/2014/11/06/andrea-rossis-new-patent-application-pub...

http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&u=%2Fnetaht...

DEVICES AND METHODS FOR HEAT GENERATION

Abstract

"A reactor device includes a sealed vessel defining an interior, a fuel material within the interior of the vessel, and a heating element proximal the vessel. The fuel material may be a solid including nickel and hydrogen. The sealed vessel may be sealed against gas ingress or egress and may contain no more than a trace amount of gaseous hydrogen. The sealed vessel is heated with an input amount of energy without ingress or egress of material into or out of the sealed vessel. An output amount of thermal energy exceeding the input amount of energy is received from the sealed vessel. The fuel material has a specific energy greater than that of any chemical reaction based energy source."

This is a many page patent add-on to Rossi's original three 2013 patents pending that have been given extensions by the US Patent Office.   This one was written by Industrial Heat's patent attorney firm for Rossi and it is formatted according to best USA patent practices, etc.

Since everybody and his brother is putting patents through their various local countries patent offices and getting them granted, the US Patent Office will be forced to grant this patent or to explain in a court of law why they do not do their job properly.    Since all the black projects have exposed themselves now there is no commanding "top secret" reason not to grant the man his patent.

Note please that the dispute over whether LENR is a natural phenomena or not is neatly avoided by patenting the METHOD of generating heat by the LENR reaction.    

That is the Industrial Heat patent attorney's doing there I am sure.

COP of 10+ is stated in the patent application for the most advanced 3 E-Cat steam generating cell unit.   This COP is high enough to run a piston steam engine hooked up to a generator and still have half the energy left over for other uses.   These are the same cells that are used in the 1 megawatt steam plants being built and installed now.

« Last Edit: 11/06/14 at 07:17:36 by verslagen1 »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 10:24:11

General CategoryThe Cafe › Nickel to copper transmutation energy

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.