Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
question about mounting saddlebag supports (Read 54 times)
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
question about mounting saddlebag supports
09/25/14 at 08:52:45

I'm in the process of collecting everything to install hard saddlebags and I have a question about where the brackets attach.
Most of them seem to require the bike to have the side rails, so no problem there.  I know there is one hidden mounting point under the rail, but which spots exactly do the brackets use?  I'm sure it's somewhat up to each install so I'm specifically hoping someone will chime in who has mounted any Mutazu bags using their standard brackets that come with the bags.
Do you use the most rearward hole that's left after relocating the turn signals?

The pic below is from my bike.  Hope I inserted it correctly.
(That's what she said)

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k548/Tocsik87/S40/S40siderail_zpsa615ff27...

S40_side_rail.jpg

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: question about mounting saddlebag supports
Reply #1 - 09/25/14 at 09:30:37

Mine attached to the forward lower bolt and the hidden bolt.
They go on the inside of the fender, but that can create a clearance problem with the tire.  2 ways to fix that, button head bolts and/or mount the brackets between the fender and the rails, just add a washer at the 3rd bolt location.

One fellow said his attached to the forward 2 bolts, but I don't believe those are the OEM brackets.

WWW   IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Re: question about mounting saddlebag supports
Reply #2 - 10/14/14 at 11:17:35

I ended up deleting the side rails and sissy bar.  I made my own brackets using the standard brackets from Mutazu plus some additional steel and I bolted the brackets directly to the fender.  It actually turned out pretty decent.  I'll load some pics later.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 20:14:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › question about mounting saddlebag supports

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.