Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ever LOOK at the people drinking the Zero Calorie (Read 104 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Ever LOOK at the people drinking the Zero Calorie
09/20/14 at 06:31:41

crap?

Theyre the fattest, sickest ones..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fXnxipcBgs

New study shows that artificial sweeteners such as aspartame, sucralose, and saccharin can cause diabetes by changing the bacteria in the human digestive system. CBS News 2014 Sep 19

Anyone with a lick of sense has known this for years..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Ever LOOK at the people drinking the Zero Calo
Reply #1 - 09/22/14 at 06:12:08

For a long time I was hooked on Diet Pepsi.

I listened to a podcast where one of the hosts was talking about their "addiction" to Diet Coke.
If they were hungry, they would order in or skip a meal. But if they wanted that Diet Coke they would make a special trip out to get it. It was likened to how bad cigarettes are. They knew that leaving the house just for this one thing was a cut off and kicked the habit.
Hearing that made me realize how bad it was.
I still indulge once in a while... I've had maybe a half dozen sodas this year. Otherwise it's strictly black coffee or water with a lime now.
Oh, and beer. I still drink beer.

--Steve

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #2 - 09/22/14 at 07:06:40

I'm at a two can a day habit for diet soda. My main "drug" is diet Pepsi just for the caffine. Thinking about switching to coffee, black with just a dash of honey. I need the caffine more than anything else.
 Beer is a lubricant for the brain Wink

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 09/22/14 at 17:19:43

Check out
Food Babe

Don't drink cheap beer. Or ANY diet or low fat foods. I drink a cola once in a while,but there's no phosphoric acid. Real sugar... check out Blue Sky
Why do old folks break a hip? Many acids make the bones release calcium. Fluoride is chemically close enough to fool the body into absorbing the fluoride into the bones,weakening them and causing bone cancer in some.
Rheumatoid arthritis,,acidic diet,,go hand in crippled hand. Calcium from the bones settles in the soft tissue.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 09/23/14 at 05:59:34

Is Budweiser considered cheap?

--Steve

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #5 - 09/23/14 at 06:03:54

Paraquat wrote on 09/23/14 at 05:59:34:
Is Budweiser considered cheap?

--Steve

may not be cheap but its carp

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 09/23/14 at 08:39:55

Check out her site. A bunch of them are not even USING Hops in the beer,but a chemical cocktail to get a flavor. The cans are lined with a plastic that has,Heck,can't remember the name,but they finally stopped putting it in baby bottles because it screws with hormones. She's made some of them agree to change,but,,,spend some time,KNOW what is in the beer.. I'm thinking it's a lot like that oil change commercial,where the guy says,"Pay
us now or pay us later",,. Why save $100.00 buying cheap beer this year and pay a Dr. Untold Thousands ten years from now?

I don't always drink beer,
but when I do,I drink a
GOOD beer.

From a bottle.

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #7 - 09/24/14 at 07:07:14

Strange thread... as I do like most of you.. but just fell into it

Diet drinks.. never did them
Mt. Dew. coke... still but not even 1 per week... generally when away from town and dont like the local water
Coffee - 14oz for breakfast with 1 teaspoon sugar-in-the-raw to cut the bitter
beer- never more than 2 at a time.. use to be less than two per month, but with the back pain... been doing a 6-pack a week ( one a night) Only drink Mich Ultra in the bottle
wine- one bottle per 6 months
sport drink- I keep them handy ( the new small bottles) for when I cut the grass or just feel dehydrated
water - lunch and supper and sometime in-between
milk (2%)- been cutting way back, use to drink with supper

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #8 - 09/24/14 at 08:17:59

A girl I know, is S.Az rep for a micro-brew...
I get all the beer I want for free...

Not a bad gig...  
Fortunately, I'm not a huge beer drinker.... or I'd be carrying a keg in my pants...
Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #9 - 09/25/14 at 01:20:52

My own two cents' worth.

Drinking water is fundamental. Drinking tap water is OK, should be OK, provided the local water authorities don't overdo it with chlorine and other additives to "purify" the water.
(Adding chlorine etc. actually makes the water "heavier" and more difficult for the kidneys to purify)

Drinking milk should be fundamental, provided you drink your milk in the morning. Milk (animial) fats are more difficult than vegetable fats,
so drinking milk with your dinner is one of those "american things" that European nutritioninsts shake their head at in disbelief.
It simply makes your digestion slower and more cumbersome.

Drinking wine (moderately) should actually be encouraged. The tannin in the wine (especially in red wines) helps digest animal protein (of which you are very fond)
and the sugar content is controlled, i.e. there is onloy so much sugar in a unit of wine - unlike soft drinks, which I shall comment later on.
Ask any nutritionist, red wine has a "formula" very very similar to human blood: per unit of water, you find the same % of sugars, the same % of natural salts,
the same amount of protein (as in a person on an empty stomach) the only real difference being that 11-13% of alcohol.

In many Countries, wine is a culture, not "just a drink". It holds within itself the history of that land.

Beer is another "health drink" but many disdain it because "it's alcohol".
I will not criticize an individual abstaining from "drink" because it contains alcohol, but I must say, to mistake beer for whiskey because they contain alcohol is confusing.
One thing is a hard liqueur and quite another is fermented barley and hops.
So I guess that person will also NOT eat home-made fruit jam or preserve because that liquid that naturally runs within the preserve... is actually alcohol !!!  Shocked (Yes, it really is).
Incidentally, every autumn Bishops and Priests are often invited to the breweries to bless the vats for the coming season!  Cool

Beer was acknowledged as "liquid bread" in the Middle Ages, when monks were expected to carry on toiling yet fast during Lent.

http://www.germanbeerinstitute.com/Doppelbock.html

I was in Belgium a few years back and visited a large historical brewery in Bruges.

http://www.halvemaan.be/en/home "The Half Moon"

As our guide, a Senior Biermeister, introduced himself, he greeted us with
"Any beer with less than 5.5% alcohol is not a beer, it is sodapop for children"
We all laughed, and my (then 14-y.o.) son felt... encouraged  Wink

Ah ! So, here we are, sodapop !  Cool

If one is encouraged to "abstain from alcohol for the sake of temperance"  Huh
and allows him/herself to this then I must confess guilty to not understanding.

May I quote from the everlasting fountain of know-it-all knowledge, Wikipedia  Wink

"The consumption of sugar-sweetened soft drinks is associated with obesity,[14][15][16] type 2 diabetes,[17][18] dental caries, and low nutrient levels.[15]
Experimental studies tend to support a causal role for sugar-sweetened soft drinks in these ailments,[14][15] though this is challenged by other researchers.[19][20]
"Sugar-sweetened" includes drinks that use high-fructose corn syrup, as well as those using sucrose.

Many soft drinks contain ingredients that are themselves sources of concern: caffeine is linked to anxiety and sleep disruption when consumed in excess,[21]
and some critics question the health effects of added sugars and artificial sweeteners.[22] Sodium benzoate has been investigated by researchers at University of Sheffield[23] as a possible cause of DNA damage and hyperactivity.
Other substances have negative health effects, but are present in such small quantities that they are unlikely to pose any substantial health risk provided that the beverages are consumed only in moderation.

In 1998, the Center for Science in the Public Interest published a report titled Liquid Candy: How Soft Drinks are Harming Americans' Health.
The report examined statistics relating to the increase in soft drink consumption and claimed that consumption is "likely contributing to health problems."
It also criticized marketing efforts by soft drink companies.[24]
"

So... do I drink soft drinks ? Or do I limit myself to water, beer and wine ?

Your Honor, I plead guilty to drinking cola  Grin

I will drink small quantities of Coke, Pepsi or the Italian traditional soft drink, "Chinotto" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinotto_(soft_drink) but all strictly in their "full sugar" version.
I bow to such vice an average of once/month, for a whopping 2 (two) glasses of cola !  Cool
On the other hand, my refrigeratos is always replenished with one or two small bottles of beer... Cool

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birra_Moretti
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birrificio_Angelo_Poretti

Who says only Germans and Belgians make good beer ?

Wink

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 09/25/14 at 06:04:44

I really want to go to Italy.

--Steve

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #11 - 09/26/14 at 00:52:52

No, Steve, you don't really want to go to Italy.

You really really want to go to Italy !  Grin

But... beware... we're not the land of pizzaspaghetti anymore...

You'd be amazed the way things have... ehm... improved in these last 50 years  Wink
(bows gracefully and accepts round of applause)

See how this boring b/w "bedtime story" commercial of cookies and biscuits

has evolved into this  Grin

The new "dunkable biscuit" (where "dunking the biscuit" is a metaphore for ...  Wink sex Kiss )

...and, of course, its parody on familytime TV...
(never mind understanding the language, enjoy the body language and remember... it's the parody of a cookie and biscuit comkmercial ! 1:30 on...  Grin)

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/01/24 at 16:06:55

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Ever LOOK at the people drinking the Zero Calorie

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.