Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
My free skully (Read 180 times)
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
My free skully
09/18/14 at 12:30:53

OK five of you buy one and use me as a referal so I can get my free one.

http://www.skullysystems.com/#intro

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: My free skully
Reply #1 - 09/18/14 at 13:05:26

At $ 1,399......Nah......I don't think so. Shocked

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 09/18/14 at 15:14:20

If I got one for free,... I'd take the batteries out of it... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #3 - 09/18/14 at 18:04:55

Hmm, internet, phone and music while riding a vulnerable machine surrounded by enemies. Still, it looks nice.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 09/18/14 at 18:28:16

I have never ceased to be amazed by people. They go camping and take a boom-box and a television along.. Just stay home!
Riding is a time for quiet and focus on the road and idiots texting.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #5 - 09/18/14 at 18:38:45

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/18/14 at 18:28:16:
I have never ceased to be amazed by people. They go camping and take a boom-box and a television along.. Just stay home!
Riding is a time for quiet and focus on the road and idiots texting.

Two days ago, I was in a boat,  FISHING,
My, Cell phone rang.   I  did   NOT   Answer it,
or even take it out and look at it !!!!!!!!

The person I was with said: "Aren't you going to answer that".
I Said:  "I'm  FISHING".

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #6 - 09/18/14 at 18:42:33

I'm the same way. Just because it rings doesn't mean I have to answer it!

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 09/18/14 at 21:31:01

I don't own one..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #8 - 09/19/14 at 06:34:51

OK i get that completely. I regularly leave my phone at home just because. But honeslty I can see the benefit if this in certain cercumstances.

Of course if im jumping on my savage and running to the office or to the beach for a bite I might just use my bubble face retro or HJC helmet. However, if im getting on my V-strom or BMW and driving form here to California it would be nice to have GPS to the nearest gas station, or pandora music streaming, or a rear facing camera for slab driving. A helmet is another tool and each one has its place.

So....Who's getting one (or getting me one?  Cool)

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #9 - 09/19/14 at 07:36:15

I am not a cell phone addict.....some days I go all day without using it.  My office manager has my cell phone number and is good at screening calls to determine when an issue can wait until I get back into the office......or when I need to be called immediately.  My cell phone is used for my convenience, and those times when someone needs me ASAP.

I do have a Sena SMH10 intercom with bluetooth mounted in my helmet.  I can listen to music (I don't), I can use the Navigation when I need to get somewhere (nice), and on occasion I get a phone call while riding.  I also use it for an intercom when riding double with my wife.

I think the features on the Skully are nice - but I don't feel the need to be one of the folks paying the fee to be cutting edge.  The less than $ 200 Sena I have does everything the Skully does.....except I don't have the heads up display or rear view camera.  

IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #10 - 09/19/14 at 08:15:52

Dave wrote on 09/19/14 at 07:36:15:
I am not a cell phone addict.....some days I go all day without using it.  My office manager has my cell phone number and is good at screening calls to determine when an issue can wait until I get back into the office......or when I need to be called immediately.  My cell phone is used for my convenience, and those times when someone needs me ASAP.

I do have a Sena SMH10 intercom with bluetooth mounted in my helmet.  I can listen to music (I don't), I can use the Navigation when I need to get somewhere (nice), and on occasion I get a phone call while riding.  I also use it for an intercom when riding double with my wife.

I think the features on the Skully are nice - but I don't feel the need to be one of the folks paying the fee to be cutting edge.  The less than $ 200 Sena I have does everything the Skully does.....except I don't have the heads up display or rear view camera.  

Great Point Dave, and I think it merits pointing out that the technology obviously exists in cheap enough formats that the ridiculous price tag on the skully is a bit unwaranted. Im just waiting to see which chinese companies start knocking em off first. Give it 5 years and all helmets will have bluetooth capabilities.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 09/19/14 at 09:52:04

I'm not"antitechnology",these things have a place. I am guilty of allowing myself to feel negativity towards the"product" because I see people allowing themselves to forget about LIFE because they have gotten so focused on the gizmos,,,He said,Typing on his Kindle..
I was reminiscing today,AHH,those years,living N.of Houston,only house for 5blocks, I could cross the street,go 50 yards,cross the bayou and keep going that way and I never found a fence out that way.. Not a house,never saw anyone,,and not one soul knew where I was..And I wondered,the kind of kid I was,what would they Do to me today? What drugs would the school system want me on?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #12 - 09/19/14 at 10:39:27

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/19/14 at 09:52:04:
I'm not"antitechnology",these things have a place. I am guilty of allowing myself to feel negativity towards the"product" because I see people allowing themselves to forget about LIFE because they have gotten so focused on the gizmos,,,He said,Typing on his Kindle..
I was reminiscing today,AHH,those years,living N.of Houston,only house for 5blocks, I could cross the street,go 50 yards,cross the bayou and keep going that way and I never found a fence out that way.. Not a house,never saw anyone,,and not one soul knew where I was..And I wondered,the kind of kid I was,what would they Do to me today? What drugs would the school system want me on?

Yea....me too.  When I was in 3rd grade, my mother was taking classes at Kent State University so she could get her teaching degree. it was somewhere around 1963 or 64.  She took summer classes, and I would go with her and hang around outside in the park while she was in classes.  They had black squirrels there,,,,and I liked to watch them.  So.....while she was in class, I was 8.5 years old and hanging around alone on a college campus.  No one cared, no one worried, no one called the Police and my Mom didn't get arrested for neglect or for child endangerment.

IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #13 - 09/19/14 at 11:00:20

We lived about 30 minutes from the nearest town, way out in the boonies in Lower Alabama. Back then there was no day care. "Day care" was someones house or front yard. My parents would let a neighbor watch me and my sister and some of the other local kids in the summer, and he was less than sober all the time. He would take us to the beach on the hood of his cadillac so he could keep an eye on us, an eye on the road, and an eye on his busch heavy.

we never had video games growing up but now that im older I can see the usefulness in technology in making my world safer, and more fun through convenience. Sometimes I want solitude and I can have that but its also nice knowing sometimes that you are connected to the world in multiple ways.

One scenario I was pondering the other day is wrecking my motorcycle, becoming unconscious, and dying as a result of the outside world's ignorance to my plight. What if your helmet (much like onstar in cages, pre-existing technology) could alert authorities if you were in a wreck? How many of you could extend your riding life through technology. My father stopped riding after 50 years because he was scared he would have an accident and no one would know to come help him. Now technology may give him back the freedom he once enjoyed. Gaaaah im starting to sound like a life alert commercial. Ill shut up now.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #14 - 09/19/14 at 11:14:07

splash07 wrote on 09/19/14 at 11:00:20:
One scenario I was pondering the other day is wrecking my motorcycle, becoming unconscious, and dying as a result of the outside world's ignorance to my plight. What if your helmet (much like onstar in cages, pre-existing technology) could alert authorities if you were in a wreck? How many of you could extend your riding life through technology. My father stopped riding after 50 years because he was scared he would have an accident and no one would know to come help him. Now technology may give him back the freedom he once enjoyed. Gaaaah im starting to sound like a life alert commercial. Ill shut up now.

I ride alone.....a lot.  It is one of the reasons I sold my Trials bike.  The Trials bike is no fun on groomed roads, so I would take the badly eroded and overgrown trails or the creek beds as they were more challenging.  I could ride at a 2,000 acre Off Road park that had a parking lot full of trucks and trailers used to haul their quads and bikes in.....and I could ride for hours and never see anyone (Turns out they take the easier trails than I did).

I am probably going to buy this App for my I-phone.  It has an accident alert feature that can call for help when it detects you have had an accident.  The App is only $ 2.99......it is worth a try at that price.
(I hope I can get it to call a buddy....instead of my wife! Wink).

http://app.eatsleepride.com/

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 04:20:46

General CategoryThe Cafe › My free skully

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.