Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Is anyone able to explain (Read 217 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Is anyone able to explain
09/15/14 at 13:20:25

why we are shipping Ebola patients into America? Wouldnt it be JUST as easy to SEND whatever treatment theyre gonna get HERE ,To them? Sounds like a recipe for disaster, to me.. They cant seem to stop staph and MRSA in our hospitals,, How would you like to discover that the person who just came in your room to check your BP and wake you up in the middle of the nite was also helping to care for an Ebola patient? Remember Typhoid Mary? It didnt make HER sick, but she gave it to people,, Sounds like , if not THE stupidest stunt Ive ever seen, its at least runnin a TIGHT second..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Re: Is anyone able to explain
Reply #1 - 09/15/14 at 15:35:01

My view:  

It's, 'Feel Good'.

It, makes, 'good' press/media.

It makes, 'King Bama', 'look good'.

(Do you know, that, 'fundraising' is called a, 'war chest',
and when a person has a, 'war chest', and they do NOT run again.
that, 'war chest', is theirs)
So two things here. King Bamma, is betting that, he will overturn the Constitution, (again), and run for a 3rd term.  
But if he lost that 'bet', he will have,  'Just a Few Dollars' in his, 'War Chest".

It makes, PERFECT sense, to, 'send the needed items their',
rather than, 'bring that illness here'.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #2 - 09/15/14 at 17:42:54

Somewhere in the upper reaches of the mindsphere, a group of Doctors and Hospital Administrators decided that it would be a good test of the system implemented at great expense before ordering many more hospital in the country to get with the program.  People in Public health "know" that when the next one hits, it will make a big dent in our country (and the world).  For they believe (probably correctly) that as the human population gets more crowed and rubs elbows with previously un bothered strain of (pick a plague) will kill an unbelievable number of people.
In shiort, this is a test, only a test... Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/15/14 at 18:18:43

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/15/14 at 13:20:25:
why we are shipping Ebola patients into America? Wouldnt it be JUST as easy to SEND whatever treatment theyre gonna get HERE ,To them? Sounds like a recipe for disaster, to me.. They cant seem to stop staph and MRSA in our hospitals,, How would you like to discover that the person who just came in your room to check your BP and wake you up in the middle of the nite was also helping to care for an Ebola patient? Remember Typhoid Mary? It didnt make HER sick, but she gave it to people,, Sounds like , if not THE stupidest stunt Ive ever seen, its at least runnin a TIGHT second..

no, it's NOT easier to "just send whatever treatment" there to them. America does have some of the most advanced healthcare facilities in the world, and hey,things have turned out okay so far, they got better and new treatments may have been developed, and maybe those treatments could be sent overseas.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 09/15/14 at 18:50:38

I'm gonna disagree. The cost and risk of bringing people with diseases that are so deadly here is just stupid. Whatever treatment can be done here can be done anywhere. Just drugs,they can be shipped..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/15/14 at 19:23:20

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/15/14 at 18:50:38:
I'm gonna disagree. The cost and risk of bringing people with diseases that are so deadly here is just stupid. Whatever treatment can be done here can be done anywhere. Just drugs,they can be shipped..

no it wasn't just drugs, they developed new treatments for those specific patients while they were here, that takes LABS and equipment with direct access to the patients.

Also ebola is not an airborne virus, it's more like HIV in that way, where bodily fluids need to be exchanged for it to be transmitted.

here's a whole article about it, I know, I know, how dare I trust a source like NPR, but I'm not spending any more time digging around the internet for this argument.

http://www.npr.org/2014/08/03/337494724/why-bringing-ebola-patients-to-the-u-...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 09/15/14 at 20:23:25

From pigs to monkeys Ebola goes airborne
Search that..
And,never forget that there are eugenicists that are working to weaponise many diseases. The goobs just contracted for like 16,000 Ebola hazmat suits. Read the Georgia Guidestones again.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 09/15/14 at 20:24:17

And laboratory equipment is portable

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #8 - 09/15/14 at 21:05:55

I just read the Obama administration just allocated a billion bucks for Ebola research & treatment.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 09/16/14 at 08:17:26

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/15/14 at 20:24:17:
And laboratory equipment is portable

but then you'd also have to send all the doctors and nurses and lab techs and various infrastructure too. do you know that they wouldn't need a multi million dollar machine that is unique to that one research facility in America.

so instead of sending millions of dollars worth of equipment and tens of people into Africa, the alternative is bringing two people here under highly contained isolation conditions

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 09/16/14 at 09:42:25

I hope it works out. If not,remember,you were all for it.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #11 - 09/16/14 at 09:47:35

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/16/14 at 09:42:25:
I hope it works out. If not,remember,you were all for it.

im more worried about air travelers coming here b4 they know they have it

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 09/16/14 at 11:02:47

I welcome it, with open arms.
Thin the herd.

--Steve

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #13 - 09/16/14 at 18:09:50

Paraquat wrote on 09/16/14 at 11:02:47:
I welcome it, with open arms.
Thin the herd.

--Steve

as long as it doesn't affect me or mine!!

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 09/17/14 at 06:10:40

I've said it here before and I'll say it here again.
To set context I was arguing with someone about a super virus wiping out most of the population.
They asked "What if it kills you too?"
To which I replied "That's the cost of doing business."

I don't care if it's zombies, Ebola, souped up Whooping Cough.
Conversely, I also don't care if we move into a Star Trek (The Next Generation) golden age of prosperity and peace.
I just hate living in stagnation. I want something to break; in either direction.

--Steve

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/16/24 at 07:42:17

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Is anyone able to explain

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.