Wild idea ! (Read 131 times)
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Wild idea !
09/01/14 at 02:01:19

I think some of us recognize that the s40 tank is not the most attractive for doing a custom bike, but finding an alternative is a pain.

What if we could use the stock tank, and just purchase a more attractive 'cover' or 'falsie' (?) to go over top. Paughco sell them in steel and I'm tempted to call 'air-tech' and see if they would sell one in fibreglass. They have a huge supply of moulds of every style. OR:  cut the bottom out of an older, better-looking tank
Crazy, or what?
ps: anyone tried taking off the lower heat shield with the 2 rusty screws? wot a pita! Angry

IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Wild idea !
Reply #1 - 09/01/14 at 06:27:45

That's not a crazy idea but I think it would probably be just as easy and cheap to find a used tank from another bike and modify it to fit the Savage.  A person might pick up extra fuel capacity at the same time.  Being a simple bike with no internal fuel injector pump or fuel level indicator to deal with makes a tank swap much more feasible.  Either way you have to deal with the speedo and indicator lights.  Lots of guys on this forum have changed tanks, maybe they'll make some comments.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Wild idea !
Reply #2 - 09/02/14 at 09:42:02

All that trouble & $$$ & STILL need gas every hundred miles? Not my idea of an answer,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 02:29:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Wild idea !

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.