Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The "Surprise, surprise" disease. (Read 156 times)
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
The "Surprise, surprise" disease.
08/29/14 at 12:25:14

My wife was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 1982. She got to the point that she had to walk with two canes, then she went into remission and got better- for 10 years. Then it came back but in it's progressive degenerative form. By 1994 she needed a walker around the house and a wheelchair outside. That lasted for about 10 years. Then she began to get slowly worse, until on Aug 12 she fell in the bathroom and couldn't get up. She is a big girl and I can't move her so I called the ambulance and she was taken to the hospital to be checked out. The next day she fell and couldn't get up so I called the ambulance again and they got her up and into bed. She was bed ridden for a week with VON visiting three times a day to change her briefs as she was unable to do it herself after the fall. I got her into a nursing home for a week to see if a good rest would not revive her some but it didn't help. She goes into another home for 16 days starting Sept 4 to give me time to set up something permanent for her.
For those of you who are not familiar with this terrible disease it occurs when white blood cells start attacking the myelin sheath that covers the nerves like insulation covers wires, degenerating it until the nerves "short out". It usually manifests itself in the spinal chord and brain first.  A person with MS could wake up in the morning suddenly blind or deaf or in great pain. At present there is not cure and very little treatment that can help.  It also causes lesions in the brain which cause all kinds of cognitive and psychological problems.
Thus the term "surprise, surprise"

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Re: The "Surprise, surprise" disease.
Reply #1 - 08/29/14 at 12:46:10

Sorry for that "surprise" Art. My prayers are with you both.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #2 - 08/29/14 at 20:01:57

+1. has to be hard watching someone you love experience those struggles and 'surprises'.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #3 - 08/30/14 at 04:38:20

My heart goes out to you and your wife, it's certainly no fun even if the MS has mild symptoms which your wife definitely does not.  My Mother has MS and I have a few friends that have it, including one which is no longer with us due to exceptionally bad symptoms which caused him to die way too young.

It is bad enough having to deal with the MS itself, all the physical and psychological issues that must plague you and you poor wife daily. It's tough trying to keep things regular and having a daily routine being both mentally and physically straining. It sounds like you are on a good path trying to set the house up for her in order to help as much as possible.

Keep your chin up and enjoy what ever moments with her you can, never forget how difficult it is for her to be dealing with all this, as well as how difficult it is for yourself and the moments you get to yourself.

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #4 - 08/30/14 at 05:09:12

Sorry to hear of this man.  My heart goes out to both of you and your families as well.
Praying for you guys.

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #5 - 08/30/14 at 06:50:10

You have my prayers.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 08/30/14 at 08:27:01

I would rather ignore such post, as it scares me to put myself in your shoes, masking is more my style  Embarrassed
However as I age (and my wife) I am slowly coming to grips of the inevitable of the flesh, and as a result my faith increases......

I am sorry for your troubles and wish them otherwise, let us know, as an internet family, if we can be of any help.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #7 - 08/31/14 at 08:30:00

Sending well wishes your way.......

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #8 - 08/31/14 at 11:02:33

Thankfully she'll be well cared for in Canada... Wink...

Best wishes to you both...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #9 - 08/31/14 at 13:29:48

Hate to hear stuff like this.I had a good friend that had it when we were young.It happened fast to him.It was hard to understand back then.....My heart goes out to all of you!!!! :'(

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #10 - 08/31/14 at 16:24:13

Thanks very much for your well-wishes.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #11 - 08/31/14 at 17:15:32

It should come as no surprise the love, concern and
prayers offered to you from all of us here.
It has to be very difficult for you both.
Sometimes just having friends to talk to and
tell your feelings to helps one cope with life difficulties.
I send you and your wife prayers and well wishes.
Huge hugs from us here.. Smiley kim & Genie

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #12 - 08/31/14 at 20:49:12

You Tube has tons of Kenneth Hagin teachings on healing. He founded Rhema Bible College and traveled,healing. Many books are available. Look for a full gospel church. I bought several pamphlets from one today. And I got a CD, Healing Scriptures,,very nice..I go to sleep listening to that guy.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #13 - 09/05/14 at 16:43:07

Talked with our social worker today and she suggested we get legally separated so the government can't take my pensions as well as hers to pay for a nursing home, so I have set that in motion. After 41 years of marriage the $#*&^* government is forcing us to separate.

IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #14 - 09/08/14 at 05:24:02

arteacher wrote on 09/05/14 at 16:43:07:
Talked with our social worker today and she suggested we get legally separated so the government can't take my pensions as well as hers to pay for a nursing home, so I have set that in motion. After 41 years of marriage the $#*&^* government is forcing us to separate.

Something is definitely wrong with that picture. Angry

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 16:18:51

General CategoryThe Cafe › The "Surprise, surprise" disease.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.