Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Back from Vegas, wife's savages says "I no start" (Read 83 times)
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Back from Vegas, wife's savages says "I no start"
08/26/14 at 12:04:49

Yup...
We get back, my truck alternator goes tit's up and the wife's savage does not want to start.
I think it is flooding, turned over first time...soon as she tried to give it gas...died. Did the same thing 3 times, so I pulled the enrichment out to the first click, ran great, for 30 seconds... well after 30 seconds I pushed the enrichment in and it died.
Then nothing... and smells flooded...
So i'm thinking jet clogged somewhere... cleaning time?
Suggested procedure would be great... i'm going to hit the tech section and searching and be looking for replies at the same time.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Re: Back from Vegas, wife's savages says "I no sta
Reply #1 - 08/26/14 at 13:04:46

Well, started with the basics...air, fire, fuel...
Upon the first, checked the overflow tube...couple of drops of oil, pulled the filter...clean as a whistle no fuel residue... battery at 12.60V....opened the bowl drain.... drip, drip...tapped the sides...dribble, dribble, drip...
Fuel... pulled the petc0ck line (660), and I think some rubber pieces came out...not sure tho, had a dirty container (reminder, always use clean drain pan), after a split second fuel ran out good.
Put the line back on, open the petc0ck and bowl drain....dribble, dribble..ok tap now...small stream.. shut off the bowl drain...gave it 30 seconds and fired right up!
Guess i'm due to change out the bowl needle, might as well, if its sticking... still not sure about the stuff in the pan though...I changed out lines when I changed the petc0ck, but it is a fuel line, maybe the pieces of rubber fell into it when I cut it and static kept them from falling out?
Only the shadow knows!... Time to order a new bowl needle....

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #2 - 08/26/14 at 13:15:46

IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 08/26/14 at 13:20:29

Good job.  You post some symptoms of a bike that won't run and 3 seconds over an even hour you post that it is fixed and explain how you did it.  For an old rider you are pretty quick.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 08/26/14 at 13:52:27

As long as you've been cranking,it's time for a charge.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #5 - 08/26/14 at 23:19:27

Ran it around the area for a crown and coke run.... went to wally world bought some .... spent about an hour on the road.
The bike runs great again, but i'm not trusting that it won't happen again, so I will order a kit and put it on when it gets in.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 08/27/14 at 07:27:53

What is it that you're going to fix? I have not seen a carb in need of repair that ran good..  
Did you get some fresh gas in it? I have seen mine run like crap,try to get it off idle and die, Finally,after playing with the choke and just keeping it running it would warm up and run..but not great. Then,dump some fresh gas in and it was all good.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #7 - 08/27/14 at 08:27:27

Haven't used 'em but sounds good.  If you can believe the packaging, it ain't made in China and the business is in Utah.  Think I'll save the link in my browser.  Thanks and good luck!

old_rider wrote on 08/26/14 at 13:15:46:

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #8 - 08/28/14 at 10:50:34

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/27/14 at 07:27:53:
What is it that you're going to fix? I have not seen a carb in need of repair that ran good..  
Did you get some fresh gas in it? I have seen mine run like crap,try to get it off idle and die, Finally,after playing with the choke and just keeping it running it would warm up and run..but not great. Then,dump some fresh gas in and it was all good.

We were away for 2 weeks.... I think the float valve stuck... probably crappy gas yes... making the rubber stick.
So i'm going to order a new float needle and clean up the seat when I change it.

IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Re: Back from Vegas, wife's savages says "I n
Reply #9 - 08/28/14 at 11:54:22

I just used a K&L kit from the same supplier on my Vulcan petcock.I've used the carb kits..No problem.
And yes.The Ethanol in gas eats the rubber.

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 08:26:18

General CategoryThe Cafe › Back from Vegas, wife's savages says "I no start"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!