Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
which gasket for clutch cover? (Read 65 times)
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
which gasket for clutch cover?
08/22/14 at 15:58:31

I'm hearing a lot of engine noise so I was going to check my CCT and change the oil.  I bought it with only 2745 miles, changed the oil at 2855 (just be sure it was good stuff) and it currently has 4600 miles.
I was going to change the oil every 2K or so; does that sound about right?

Main question here is, which gasket do I need when pulling the clutch cover (in the event I can't re-use the one on there now)?
Is it #3 or #11 in this diagram?  The diagram makes it look like there's 2 gaskets smashed together.
#3 says it's the clutch cover gasket.  So, if it's that one, which model?  I entered my model year for the parts diagrams but it still gives more than one choice.
I get the same dilemma when looking at this site.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: which gasket for clutch cover?
Reply #1 - 08/22/14 at 16:23:51

3 is the clutch cover
11 is the stator cover.

the 2 covers have something in between... I forgot what.   Huh

WWW   IP Logged
copterdoc

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

South of North.
Reply #2 - 08/22/14 at 16:23:53

It's number 3. number 11 is on the left side of the motor. think of that pic as a double stuff Oreo with the good stuff missing out of the middle.

2000 S40 RYCA conversion built in 2011.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #3 - 08/22/14 at 18:23:10

I agree,  #3,   Just did it.
If you have a, 'snap ring' pliers, Really fast.
Or use two small, sharp point nails, to take the one ring off.

BUT,  Do NOT go to B.B.

Find another place, who ACTUALITY,  
SENDS the part you order !@!!!@@!

Their are a BIG bunch of them out their.
Who, Actually,  WANT a customer !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #4 - 08/23/14 at 10:37:34

Thanks everyone.
There seems to be 2 different part numbers for this same gasket.
One for Model K5/K6 and one for Model K7/K8/K9.
How do I know which one I need?  Is the above model number stamped somewhere on the motor?

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 08/23/14 at 11:18:05

I walked into a shop,not a Suzuki shop,just an independent cycle place,and
told them what I needed. They had a machine,like a printer that cut it out and spit it out. No sealant around the lower areas,but it worked fine. $14.00&down the road..You can take the part in and Know it fits. No freight,no wait,no worries.Call around.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #6 - 08/23/14 at 11:32:23

Actually, that was my plan.  I was going to go to the same shop I've used in the past (same place I picked up the Raptor PC) but I wanted to know the part number when I called to check on availability.  I'll give 'em a call anyway and let them figure it out.  Just wanted to have as much info on hand as possible given many shops limited experience with the Savage.

Ouch.  Just called 'em and they want $28 bucks for the gasket.  Anyone ever order this gasket from flea bay with good results?

IP Logged
savagetyler650
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 08/23/14 at 11:37:57

Hey everyone Im new to this forum so my bad if Im asking a question in the wrong category. But im having issues with my bike backfiring when i turn off and sometimes when shifting from 1-2 & 2-3. I took my carb out i dont no how many times trying different jet sizes and adding spacers to my needle. Right now i am at a 55 pilot and 150 main and still get the backfiring. Ive tookin out the fuel/air adjustment screw and st. My pipes are turn blue ass well. I have a mac preformace exhuast and a cone filter. PLEASE HELP ME GET HER RUNNING RIGHT!

IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #8 - 08/23/14 at 11:48:54

It's usually best to start your own thread when asking a new question.

savagetyler650 wrote on 08/23/14 at 11:37:57:
Hey everyone Im new to this forum so my bad if Im asking a question in the wrong category. But im having issues with my bike backfiring when i turn off and sometimes when shifting from 1-2 & 2-3. I took my carb out i dont no how many times trying different jet sizes and adding spacers to my needle. Right now i am at a 55 pilot and 150 main and still get the backfiring. Ive tookin out the fuel/air adjustment screw and st. My pipes are turn blue ass well. I have a mac preformace exhuast and a cone filter. PLEASE HELP ME GET HER RUNNING RIGHT!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 21:23:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › which gasket for clutch cover?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.