SavageRichie
YaBB Newbies

The Devil Rides Out

Albuquerque, New Mexico
bolt on hardtail
08/18/14 at 20:37:35

Team,

I think I know the answer to my questions but I have to ask:

1) does anyone here know of anyone selling bolt on hard tail units for our beloved savages other than RYCA? ( too expensive)

2)  does anyone have a RYCA bolt on that they now have second thoughts about and wish to sell?

3) has anyone used a bolt on hard tail from a triumph or XS that fitted?

Thanks all.

Richie

99 Black Savage Bobber, steel forged by Suzuki, developed in Hell. Sinister, evil, and fathered by the devil.

99 Savage Bobber
73 Yamaha RD350 Cafe Racer
76 Suzuki TC100
82 Honda MB5
76 Z50 w
metrosrule3   IP Logged
Heraldthemighty
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: bolt on hardtail
Reply #1 - 08/20/14 at 07:52:37

I am looking at doing the same thing. I was thinking about just cutting and drilling some bar stock. It should come out pretty cheap. Anyone tried it yet?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 08/20/14 at 09:39:06

Heraldthemighty wrote on 08/20/14 at 07:52:37:
I am looking at doing the same thing. I was thinking about just cutting and drilling some bar stock. It should come out pretty cheap. Anyone tried it yet?

"Hardtail".....and......"struts" are not he same things.

Hardtail: Grin

Struts: Shocked

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 08/20/14 at 09:42:26

I think I see the difference... Grin Grin Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #4 - 08/20/14 at 17:49:52

WWW   IP Logged
SavageRichie
YaBB Newbies

The Devil Rides Out

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reply #5 - 08/20/14 at 21:20:27

Thanks all.  Yes the voodoo tail is nice and Dave at voodoo has them priced well. I am looking for a quality welder here in Albuquerque to do it as the ryca tail is now up to 1500 on their eBay store. One gut said he could build me a bolt on for 600 wants the bike 3 weeks in his shop to do it. Another said 900 to weld the voodoo tail in . If I can find some one to weld it in for 200 or so not so bad and it is done correctly but I am rethinking the tail at this point. My bobber is darn cool despite it it brat. So I ordered the fork lowering kit and have the ryca filter coming. I also have a faux oil can from knuckledusters coming in. I will clean up the ass of the bike a bit more so my solo is cleaner. I will drop 2 inches on the folks install the filter relo the battery box and dump all electrical I'm the faux can.  I may also either have the tank painted chrome and a black top for sun glare reduction or just buy a cool 15 litter all chrome knee pad luggage rack enfield repo from India. I also have the 100 peanut tanks too but all those usually leak well the Repro my leak too  then check the coolness factor. It not still col enough for me, I will order a tail from voodoo and try to find a capable welder as I can not fire up ol sparky with the skill set to ensure a solid frame. Anyone have a voodoo frame they want to sell complete with neck and motor tabs installed? Thanks

99 Black Savage Bobber, steel forged by Suzuki, developed in Hell. Sinister, evil, and fathered by the devil.

99 Savage Bobber
76 Suzuki TC100
82 Honda MB5
76 Z50 w
metrosrule3   IP Logged
Colxjon
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 08/21/14 at 15:09:46

I'd have david from voodoo vintage weld it up for you. Just send him your stock frame and let him go at it. Just don't forget that you also have to weld mounts for your battery box/ holder, fender, fender struts, brake light switch, rear brake cable, taillight, and seat mounts. Oh yeah and the brake stay rod/ tab.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #7 - 08/22/14 at 00:21:59

Best of both worlds, a bolt on Savage hardtail. Easy as struts (because they technically are) but doesn't look like a sack of dirty a**holes (shi**y)...  Wink

Bend a pair up, have some tabs welded on, bolt them in.

Improved lines, and it certainly can't hurt the utility value of the bike. It will handle better, stop better, track better, and if you use a set of riding mower seat springs, be more comfortable.

perfect_frame_2.jpg

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #8 - 08/22/14 at 00:23:05

Full view...

Perfect_frame_1.jpg

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
SavageRichie
YaBB Newbies

The Devil Rides Out

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reply #9 - 08/23/14 at 12:56:32

Thanks  for the info. I will wait on the tail and put so more thought into it. Unless someone other than ryca builds a cost effective bolt on, voodoo is the way to go. Dave can do the entire thing including shipping for less than 600 and I am blessed that 600 will not change the way I live. It is just hard to spend it on a tail.

No disrespect but struts are not the way and bent struts land your bike on the cover of red neck chopper.  The tail offers stretch and drop while struts on a swing on does not . Math applies here  and safety is important too.

So I may or may not do it and when done I will throw it up and see want you all think.  It looks good brat but that voodoo tail is so darn cool....

99 Savage Bobber
76 Suzuki TC100
82 Honda MB5
76 Z50 w
metrosrule3   IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #10 - 08/23/14 at 16:04:02

I'm gonna put struts on my Savage. Then I'm gonna let the gas out of my air conditioner, cut the water to my toilet, let some air into the brake lines, plant thistles in my lawn and snip the fingers off my winter gloves.

I'm not really, just being an ass

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 23:27:42

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › bolt on hardtail

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.