Send Topic Print
Dog saves little girl (Read 65 times)
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Dog saves little girl
08/18/14 at 13:01:19

I read this on another motorcycle forum, the Wildguzzi, and thought I would pass it along.

Quote:
Coworker's grand daughters life probably saved by a Jack Russell dog
« on: Today at 09:09:33 AM »
ReplyReply
This weekend a coworker of mine was visiting her daughter's family in rural western Kansas. They were all out in the fairly freshly mowed lawn when one of the two dogs made a dash for the area the three year old grand daughter was playing. There was what was about a five foot rattler within three feet of the girl. Instead of the dog going between the snake and the girl it circled behind causing the snake to be distracted from the girl and turn on it. My coworker was able to snatch the girl away at that point. The snake then nailed the dog in the corner of an eye and nose bridge. Being Sunday the closest vet was an hour and 20 minutes away. The dog was in really bad shape by then but appeared to start responding to treatment but died this morning. Sounds like what a Jack Russell would do. Where would man be without dogs?
GliderJohn

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: Dog saves little girl
Reply #1 - 08/19/14 at 02:43:46

Original Forum:  http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=71634.0

I have a pair of Jacks, an interesting breed.  They are highly intelligent, but don't care.   If you get a Jack you know you will be visiting the vet.  Regularly.

WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #2 - 08/20/14 at 05:42:06

Dogs do some amazing things for us.

IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 08/20/14 at 17:47:59

Too bad the dog died but a rattle snake bite near the eye and muzzle would be tough to survive.  It also means that the dog was still facing down the rattler when he got bit.  Anyway I am always impressed by these stories of dog bravery.

Once, in the early seventies a guy with a concealed gun approached my brother and I late at night just as my brother unlocked his car door to let his dog out.  The dog instantly went bananas and that was when we saw the gun.  To make the story short, the result was that the would be bandit ended up on top of the next car in the parking lot begging us not to let the dog get him.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #4 - 08/21/14 at 06:19:03

Truly man's best friend  Smiley

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 14:29:58

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dog saves little girl

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.