Send Topic Print
Re: Ferguson Missouri (Read 1080 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Ferguson Missouri
Reply #30 - 08/21/14 at 07:20:12

All that aside,LOOK at how the"facts" have been manipulated. They KNEW the cop was injured. Why was that not stated? Don't you think that would have calmed some people? Why let people think the cop executed him when the facts don't support it? Why did it take more than a day for the medical examiner to say"All entry wounds are from the front". It LOOKS like someone is looking for a way to justify declaring martial law. I don't think they will get there this time,but the attitudes of the people and the cops have been impacted by this. Next time we have such an event,we may get that Flash Point.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 08/21/14 at 07:21:24

1. Pepper spray - probably, but I don't know for sure
2. Same as above
3. Same as above
4. No police agency that I'm aware of is issued Full -auto handguns. They are semi- auto. One round fired for each pull of the trigger. In fact full auto handguns, while they do exist, are pretty uncommon.

I think oldguy is correct on the above. Not sure they always carry tasers, but I thought tasers need a few seconds prep time before they are fired. Does anyone know?

IF (and this is still an IF) Brown was shot in the arm during a struggle in the car in which the cop had his eye busted, and Brown walked away only to turn around and bullrush (as it's been described by more than one witness) I could easily see the cop firing 5 shots quickly. The 4 shots in the arm seem less defensive wounds as they do wounds gotten while charging forward. As the autopsy reported, all the shots were survivable except the one to the top of the head which is what dropped him. Remember, Brown was 300+ pounds and 6'4". A big man. Maybe the cop fired until he fell or maybe he panicked and fired until he was out of rounds. When the evidence comes out, I'm wondering if he had a revolver or 9 shot clip and if so, how many unfired rounds left in his gun.

As far as America being violent, maybe that's the case. However, my guess is if you took drug & race related violence out of the equation, the murder rate in the US drops to European levels. All those murders and shootings in Chicago nightly are gangbangers shooting each other.  

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #32 - 08/21/14 at 08:11:08

Thank you , all.

My asking was not to "throw gasoline onto the fire" but because EU news correspondents in the US will often "copy&paste" whatever their agency believes is the piece of news best suited to draw listeners' attention and to raise the audience...
...so much for "the facts, and nothing but the hard facts"  Tongue

My comment on "LEOs being issued full auto" was actually a little sarcastic, but only "politely so", i.e. it was a rhetorical question the obvious answer being "of course not, silly!"

One fact which I learn thanks to you is that Mr. Brown was 300+lbs and 6'4" - not only XXXL size by EU standards but simply NOT explained to EU public.

As for "LEOs are not trained to shoot in the leg but to the threat"... I beg to differ.
Given that any police TV serial drama clearly reflects the customs and habits of the times, i.e. "Dragnet", "Adam 12", "Hill Street Blues", or even the original "Hawaii 5-0"...
...LEOs in those days would often try to negotiate their way out of a haphazard situation, or incapacitate the felon, long before going Gung Ho on him/her.

I saw a clip on Facebook where a guy is shot in cold blood (probably taken from a US Newscats) simply for talking back and refusing to kneel... he was unarmed and in no position to harm the LEOs... he was simply provoking them, and they allowed themselves to be provoked.

I personally find it alarming when two LEOs in the middle of a street gun down a "felon" for "resistance" when all there is is... talkback...

As for the situation, may I say that, with better communication skills (Public Affairs, anyone? ) the situation would have been under control.

I'm sincerely sorry all this is happening.

Thank you for clearing some facts from hearsay and fiction.

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 08/21/14 at 08:35:33

no doubt that we have an abundance of "TV educated" cops who get carried away with all that macho $hit fed them on the TV and shoot first, ask questions later. However, as info slowly trickles out, this is not looking like that's what happened here.

I still say the guy who ought to be strung up by his fingernails and fed to the dogs is the kid who was with Brown. This was the kid with him during the robbery and the one who claimed they were walking backwards with their hands up when the cop fired for no reason. all this bull$hit we're going through is based on a lie told by some scumbag trying to cover his ass.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #34 - 08/21/14 at 09:00:19

Pesci,IF it's true,and a lie here will be soon discovered AND destroy what confidence is left in the cops,Brown had punched one of the cops so hard as to fracture the bones around his eye. Now,If that's true,and I expect it is,WHY did they NOT let that information Out on day one? That would have made the shooting a lot more reasonable. It would have made it a lot easier to justify to the community. But they sat on that and let,well,threw gas on the fire with their heavy handedness,and Caused the demonstration to get out of control. There are signs of agents provocateur,throwing bricks at cops from inside the demonstrators lines. One reporter stated that he Found a box of Molotov cocktails and reported it to the cops,only to be ignored. I Stand by my point that there is an effort to magnify this event to Show the people that they NEED a bigger,stronger,more heavily armed police force in order to"Keep them safe".

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #35 - 08/21/14 at 09:10:19

AND,gee whiz, would you just Look at how far down the memory hole the border crisis has fallen?

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #36 - 08/21/14 at 09:50:00

Quote:
As for "LEOs are not trained to shoot in the leg but to the threat"... I beg to differ.
Given that any police TV serial drama clearly reflects the customs and habits of the times, i.e. "Dragnet", "Adam 12", "Hill Street Blues", or even the original "Hawaii 5-0"...
...LEOs in those days would often try to negotiate their way out of a haphazard situation, or incapacitate the felon, long before going Gung Ho on him/her.

Google up the ACTUAL training protocols for any US police agency - local, state or federal   - with regard to the use of deadly force, and you will see that the statement above is utter nonsense. Or are you just being sarcastic again?

Here's a good place to start:
http://www.forcescience.org/morrison.pdf

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #37 - 08/21/14 at 10:32:47

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/21/14 at 09:10:19:
AND,gee whiz, would you just Look at how far down the memory hole the border crisis has fallen?

And the totally outrageous, IRS Scandal.
And, 'Fast & Furious'
And, a, 'war'  (pick one)
Etc,  Etc,  Etc, ...

And sending Holder in, would be like putting the fox in the Hen House.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #38 - 08/21/14 at 11:09:52

But who will look at the questions I've posted and step back and think about the points I've made?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #39 - 08/21/14 at 11:25:46

I do JOG,  and the points you allege are bull$hit. I heard the next day the cop was injured. The main stream media didn't pick it up and broadcast it because if went against their 'white guilt infused mindset' that this was a racist cop shooting innocent black kids.

What reporter said he found a case of Molotov cocktails and told cops, but nothing done. I'm throwing the BS flag on that.

Prove this too: There are signs of agents provocateur,throwing bricks at cops from inside the demonstrators lines.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #40 - 08/21/14 at 11:52:32

As if you would accept the source? Why,why didn't YOU TELL US about the cops injuries? You sat there and allowed everyone to believe what was being said and DID NOTHING..  You're either a liar or an not a very nice person. YOU tell me which.

I didn't say Not a very nice person.. I said A55HOLE..

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #41 - 08/21/14 at 12:16:03

show me the source.

I did no such thing. I wasn't spreading what could be rumors. once the xray was posted, I assume it to be true. I heard a million things the first day, about 5 of them turned out to be true.

now, show me the two sources for your allegations.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #42 - 08/21/14 at 13:58:42

And you didn't bother to counter information spread by a media that has been SHOWN to be liars and just OFFER that Local Information that contradicted the national media? You could have EASILY just stated you'd heard it on local media,yet it wasn't to be seen on National media and Let US consider it...
Where I got my information was the radio,not everything in the world has a link.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #43 - 08/21/14 at 14:52:35

radio huh? well isn't that convenient.  No one printed that amazing bit of news huh?

It wasn't local information. There's nothing local with regards to Ferguson.  I'm 15 miles from this mess, you're 100's but we have access to the exact same info.

IP Logged
tcreeley

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #44 - 08/21/14 at 19:38:13

It used to be that cops did negotiate in armed situations and frequently succeeded. In Maine they haven't for the last 20 years. They shoot first, confront close up, yell, demand, etc. -Almost like escalating a situation purposefully so they will have an excuse to shoot. When I lived in Mass, the local and state cops closed a couple of streets down in my neighborhood. A guy was holed up in his house with a gun. His girlfriend had run from the house and called the cops. For seven hours the cops were there, talking and waiting, No confrontation. The guy -who knows maybe sobered up, gave up his gun and came out. No one was shot, no one hurt. No tragedy. The cops knew this guy- petty theft, drugs etc.. -Not a community favorite. They didn't shoot him.
Cops are different today, trigger happy and militarized. They are becoming brutal and we are turning into a police state/country. Look at the news - this is happening all over. Fergurson is just an example of the police state at work messing with its citizens.  

tcreeley

it is what it is
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/25/24 at 09:30:30

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Re: Ferguson Missouri

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.