Dabbnabbit.. Silver (Read 81 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Dabbnabbit.. Silver
08/15/14 at 07:32:17

So, the spot price on silver has been "bottom bouncing for weeks" between 19.50 and 20.15, I got so frustrated that wednesday I went ahead and bought some, spending the last of my available funds. The spot was 19. 86 and cost was $20.55 with shipping $20.70 each. And here it is friday and the paper sellers are finally pushing hard and dropping silver really good to $19.60.  ACKKK.

Part of the reason I bought though is that its getting hard as heck to even BUY silver! What I really like are bars.. but they wanted about $.50 extra for bars last week over rounds, and then this week.. bars are all gone!! ( well the cheap ones) SO bars were about $2 to $4 over spot, and the rounds were $.70 over spot. AND they had rounds!  This is what paper (silver contracts) is doing to the market. Silver is "on sale" because paper contracts are pushing the price down and yet there is no inventory at that price to meet demand. My silver purchase in May and expected THIS week, ( yes that 12 weeks for delivery for a CASH purchase) is now expected to be 4 more weeks out... thats right 16 weeks... 4 friggin months! I would be pissed if my money could have been earning interest in a bank.. but banks dont pay interest anymore so... meh.

I spent about 2 hours looking over CL for some cheap raw land here in MS.. no go. I dont know who expects someone to pay $5000 an acre for land that was UNDERWATER during the last flood. Do think I dont know the yazoo river flooded???  sheesh...$6500 for acreage in BFE Copia county? they have to pipe in sunlight to that place. anyway.. that your silver report for the month..

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Dabbnabbit.. Silver
Reply #1 - 08/15/14 at 11:19:29

Man,walk into a coin shop and buy "junk" silver. The 90% silver coins from before they started making the "sandwich"coins. When the dollar crashes they will be useful in making transactions And will appreciate in value,IMO,more than the silver ounce rounds. And you don't have any paper trail and there is no shipping.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #2 - 08/15/14 at 16:09:12

Somebody is making money off of siver, I went into a pawn shop just to see what they woul give me for a roll of silver quarters. The guy offered me 60% of the melt value, WTF!! I must of looked like a crak headed junkie. It didn't happen, I asked him if he thought I was stupid or something. Instead got 110% that weekend at a gun show.
 I'm sitting on the rest of my coin silver for now, can't believe that silver is still hanging around $20.00 oz. It is due to head up soon.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 08/15/14 at 16:53:12

It's a fear driven market... as long as the fear is there, the price will continue upward...
Once the fear subsides,.. you'll all want to sell,... and the price will plummet...
Uh oh... Huh...

...(that said,.. I do have a little junk silver and a few rounds... I bought them 20 years ago for less than $5 an once... I won't ever sell, high or low)...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 08/15/14 at 17:04:53

Ed,if you bought at retail,how would you sell? He is a business man,you're not thinking about reality.

Row,you're 100% CLUELESS. You live in a reality that YOU believe in. That many people share the delusional state you believe is reality doesn't make it so. You will Not expose yourself to the information that you need in order to grasp the concept. Yet,you continue to put people down who have looked at history and the facts. If silver and gold were allowed to be priced w/o manipulation,they would be tremendously more costly. That they ARE being controlled is common knowledge to those who have been watching for a few years.. You WILL get a rude awakening.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 08/15/14 at 18:21:25

CLUELESS?...me?...
I bought silver at $5 an once,.. and gold at $280...  
I quintupled my money...

You've got A.Jones, Rush, Noorey, before that, Art Bell... preaching doom... and making millions pimping gold, silver, and survival goods...
Can't you see the correlation between the fear mongering tales they tell, and the advertisers they get their money from?...
If I'm selling umbrellas,... I'm going to predict rain...
Yeah,... I'm clueless...(you can only dream of being this clueless)... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 08/15/14 at 19:31:42

Yeah,if you sold,you're clueless. Man,you Can't believe in the dollar.
No fiat currency has Ever survived.  Ever
And,FWIW,Nobody TOLD me what to think. I saw what is coming on my own. Just so happens that they agree. I didn't need Perot to tell me NAFTA was gonna suck. I am actually smarter than the average bear.

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #7 - 08/16/14 at 16:06:24

JOG, yea, I understand how pawn shops work but I was surprised as to how high a margin they get. 40% on a known item seemed excessive even with thier overhead and 30 day waiting period.
  I'm staying out of the manipuation discussion, it's being done worldwide, it's just part of how things are.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #8 - 08/16/14 at 16:26:18

Now JoG stop pushing buttons. Its already quiet enough in here.

It will be interesting to find out this turns out.. SO Row.. you got a time frame for Silver to drop... cause if it does I want to be ready to buy.  

Whether or not silver goes ways up or it goes way down, I am having fun flipping it.. if I can ever get any. Between paper contracts and dern near scamming pawn shops... they are leaving a lot of meat on the bone for someone like me come in. I am buying at spot plus say $1 and selling at spot plus $5.  All I need is product. Come 'on mr postman!

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #9 - 08/18/14 at 11:48:57

Ed L. wrote on 08/16/14 at 16:06:24:
JOG, yea, I understand how pawn shops work but I was surprised as to how high a margin they get. 40% on a known item seemed excessive even with thier overhead and 30 day waiting period.
  I'm staying out of the manipuation discussion, it's being done worldwide, it's just part of how things are.  

I am with Ed on this.. Pawn shops are ripping folks off. Some percent of what comes in is stolen, so they can discount for that .. the "seller' got it for free anyway. Others just dont have clue.. " they gave me 50 cents for an old quarter!!!!".. It has nothing to do with overhead or markup. its pure greed and scamming.  One shop ran an ad saying what hey would pay... bars were spot less $2.. really??? your going to pay me $2 less than spot when they cant be had for less than $4 OVER spot??? gee thanks pal. But hey they would pay spot for Silver Eagles!  Gee really... even the government gets a premium on those out the door.. they run $5 to $6 over spot generally.

But fine.. A free ad on CL and I have folks clamoring for new sealed bars at spot plus $4 to $5. If I could get the dern things. Of course right now I suspect there will be price rise, hopefully by mid sept. I have no plans to sell at a spot of less than $23, so I guess that is my target.  the other problem is now that I KNOW how hard it is to get the stuff... I am not to keen on selling any.. at any price.

PS: Row.. yep I got 50 oz in either Silver Eagles when they were $3.00 or silver 1/2 Walkers. None of that is counted in my little fun here, as I plan on the kids getting those.... someday.

PPS: I hear the JP got fined a whopping $600k for failing to report correct figures for their silver shorts. Its OK that they have silver shorts.. but they have not reported correctly at least 100 times in the last year, reaping them probably Billions in scammed money from Silver (paper) investors. I really cant see how anyone would keep doing paper contracts.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/26/24 at 00:38:17

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Dabbnabbit.. Silver

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.