Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
OEM parts? (Read 24 times)
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
OEM parts?
08/14/14 at 15:47:19

I'm just about done refurbishing my 06.  On occasion I order and OEM part that I can't find a good deal on.  I'm not having good luck with the group I have been ordering from of late.  I got a fake raptor pet (that came in a genuine yammy package) and the last order I got a turn signal that didn't fit and most likely came from another Suzuki model.  They didn't believe me and I had to call twice to get a call tag.  It is probably going to take a month to get the new one from start to finish.

Is their a good dealer that you recommend that has fair pricing?

Thanks.   Tongue

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: OEM parts?
Reply #1 - 08/14/14 at 17:18:30

I rarely buy OEM parts but when I do, I buy at the local dealer.  The place is nearby and the price is about the same as online for genuine OEM parts and there is no shipping charge.  The parts guy always opens it up so I can check to see if it is what I want.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: OEM parts?
Reply #2 - 08/15/14 at 03:14:38

I am an AMA member, and I get a 10% discount from Bike Bandit and will order from them - and I have developed a good relationship with the local Honda/Suzuki/Yamaha dealer - they will order parts for me with just a phone call and no deposit.  I don't get a discount locally - but I get good service and a friendly smile.

The Suzuki Parts from Bike Bandit take about the same amount of time to get here as the parts that are ordered locally...about a week.  But it you need tires I ordered a set on Tuesday morning from Bike Bandit, and they arrived Wednesday afternoon.  They drop ship those from their nearest supplier....so mine came from Tri-City Indiana to Kentucky.

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 00:26:21

General CategoryThe Cafe › OEM parts?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.