Gasoline in engine oil (Read 38 times)
DiogoCabecinhas
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Gasoline in engine oil
08/14/14 at 12:23:57

Gasoline in engine oil.

I went to see the oil level, and was above the maximum, I took a little oil, and the oil was very liquid and smelled gasoline.

I do not know if it was in Pri On the faucet in the gasoline, what I think happened was that the weight of gravdidade gasoline, gasoline empura up and went into the cylinder and then to the sumps.

IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Re: Gasoline in engine oil
Reply #1 - 08/14/14 at 12:29:19

if you have the stock petcock then the diaphram is worn out/torn and gas leaked down the line through the carb into the cylinder and into the crankcase. If you have the raptor then you left it on and your float valve stuck causing fuel to go through the line though the carb into the cylinder and into the crankcase. if you ahve stock petcock, replace with raptor and dont leave it on.....EVER! or youll be changing oil a lot.

IP Logged
Michael L

brumm..!

Denmark
Re: Gasoline in engine oil
Reply #2 - 08/14/14 at 12:36:43

what splash07 said,

But not a stuck float valve, but a float valve that won't seal properly.. If the float valve was stuck, it wouldn't get any gas.
That's typical for when you have problems starting your bike, where you tap the bottom of the carb with a screwdriver to loosen it..

malfunctioning stock petcock, or raptor not turned off, either way, if the float valve needle worked as it should, it would make sure the carb didn't overflow, and causing gas to run into the engine.

If your bike is quite old, a new float needle(valve) and gasket set wouldn't hurt..

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 14:18:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Gasoline in engine oil

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.