Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Bike quit running (Read 199 times)
twelveport

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Bike quit running
Reply #15 - 08/15/14 at 15:57:53

Broke down and bought a new battery tonight. The Suzuki Dealer (Brenny's)  was $20.00 cheaper than AutoZone or Advance Autoparts. Anyway, it did not help at all. Quit on my 3 times in 5 minutes. I'm loading it up & taking it to the dealer tomorrow morning. I done everything I know and have tried everything you guys mentioned. I truly appreciate all the information you guys gave.  Sad

Oh, by the way, what is the port on the upper right side of the carb for? It has a hose attached to it, but there does not seem to be any vacuum leaks. It right above the vac port I capped when I removed the factory petcock valve.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #16 - 08/15/14 at 16:45:21

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1311197310

...it's in the Tech Section... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
twelveport

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 08/16/14 at 15:44:49

I changed the battery with a new one, it did not help one bit, quit 4 times in 5 minutes. Gave up & hauled it to the dealer today. I appreciate all the information from you guys. Thanks!

IP Logged
twelveport

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 08/28/14 at 18:03:45

I got the bike back from the shop yesterday. They said they found the valves needed adjusting. I explained to them at least 3 times that the power would go out momentarily then come back on, allowing it to restart. After the mechanic took it for a test ride and had to push it back to the shop, he finally started listening to me. He found a bad connection under the rear seat. The way he explained it was "a sub-harness modular plug" had worked it self out." I had looked all over and did not see it. I'm now thinking when I was using a throw-over strap for the saddle bags between the seat and rectifier it "may" have caused the plug to work loose??? Anyway, they fixed that and after the valve adjustment, the bike has never run better.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 08/29/14 at 06:42:00

Thats a good report! Good thing he hadda push it a whil;e,, thatll sure make 'em listen,,

You watch them do the valves? Yur turn is coming,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Reply #20 - 08/29/14 at 07:59:28

Oh yeah, that plug!  A couple years ago I stopped to help a girl that had just hit a deer with her car.  Got the car pushed off the road, girl's boyfriend or brother came to get her, waved bye ...nothing ... dead bike.  I got the seat off and somehow found that plug (green I think) , finally got to work about 20 min. late

funny thing was I came around the turn, saw the car with broken headlights, deer lying in the road.  When I pulled off and turned off the engine with a POW! , deer got up and ran away!

2007 s40 -stock -white spacer out -repaired to rideable condition!
  IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #21 - 08/29/14 at 12:44:49

You saved Bambi.

IP Logged
twelveport

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 08/29/14 at 13:18:25

Just an ol guy, I had already bought the "O" Rings for the valve covers to adjust the lifters. Then I started having these problems and had to put it off. I told the guy at the dealer I had the "O" Rings in the saddle bag, but he did not listen to that either. So now I have an extra set. Hopefully that bike will be gone before spring comes around & I will not have to worry about it. Old grandpa needs a softer ride that has more cylinders that don't vibrate as much. LOL  Wink

IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #23 - 08/29/14 at 13:30:58

HDs have more cylinders, still paint shakers. Do you need a Goldwing? Smiley

IP Logged
twelveport

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 08/29/14 at 16:54:58

Arnold, Thanks for the information, but like I said before, Grandpa needs a softer ride. I've been looking at the new Indian's but have not committed to the $25,000.00. So, I have also been looking at the USED HD Road King's. My Savage is a nice bike to ride around town, but the 352 lb Savage scares me on the Interstate. Just a personal thing I guess.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #25 - 08/29/14 at 17:16:01

I hear ya, I dont enjoy the highway either, no long trip for me.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 02:26:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bike quit running

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.