Kawasaki Concours? (Read 94 times)
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Kawasaki Concours?
08/08/14 at 10:09:36

Might have a chance to pick one up for rock bottom price. I'm 5'9" 32 inch inseam...am I getting in over my head?
More than likely it is going to be sold to someone else this afternoon...I can't imagine the guy passing on it but if it becomes available i'm going to go pick it up.
Seller is 70 yrs old and tipped it over a couple times before parking it for the last 2 years.
Will need to be gone through but for 500 bucks I really can't go wrong. 60k on the odometer 2003 model.
What do you guys think? has anyone ever ridden one?
Thanks!

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
BalingWire

"The savage in
man is never quite
eradicated."
HDT

Wauseon, Ohio
Re: Kawasaki Concours?
Reply #1 - 08/08/14 at 14:42:46

Seems like a good deal to me.

KBB: Excellent Condition $2,885
www.kbb.com/motorcycles/kawasaki/zg1000-a18-concours/2003-kawasaki-zg1000-a18...

NADA: Low Retail $2,185  Average Retail $2,875
www.nadaguides.com/Motorcycles/2003/Kawasaki/ZG1000A18-CONCOURS-997cc/Values

"The satisfactions of manifesting oneself concretely in the world through manual competence have been known to make a man quiet and easy."
Shop Class as Soulcraft: An Inquiry Into the Value of Work
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 08/08/14 at 14:55:26

From what little I know of them... supposed to be a good sport tourer and probably uses a lot of the tech the police cruisers have.

But comparatively, tall to the savage.  BIL had a '88, I didn't like it, not enough room for my toes (too much Tupperware) and you lean forward, so too much weight on your hands w/out a way of adjusting the bars to get rid of it.

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 08/08/14 at 19:00:55

I looked at one of the newer style when I was looking for a big 2-up bike that I could take my wife on rides.  It did not look good for the wife, as the forward lean of the driver would have left her sitting upright behind me in the direct line of all the wind.

I think they would be a great bike for riding alone....I am OK with the forward lean.  For $ 500 you need to ride it for a year, and see if it is a keeper.....or one to have as a memory.  I am thinking that it would be nice to buy and sell a bike every year or two, and experience some of the "other" bikes and their quirks.

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #4 - 08/11/14 at 14:03:14

Thanks all...for some reason I wasn't getting the notifications I normally do. It turns out the the first guy to see it bought it...that's kinda what i expected...
Had all the mods that the COG group recommends already...heck the bars alone were worth 600...oh well

Anyway, the PO said just put some oil in the cylinders turn it over by hand and it'd probably start right up...
With CL I kinda just wait for the right deal to come along so...on to the next sesarch...LOL

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #5 - 08/12/14 at 03:41:56

You might also consider the Honda ST1100, those can go pretty cheaply and with your 32"inseam, they would fit you better than it fits me.  I really like the one I bought - however the 740 pounds takes some getting used to....especially when my wife climbs on top as well!  You probably won't find one for $ 500 - but $ 2,500 - $ 3,500 will buy a really nice one.

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 00:31:37

General CategoryThe Cafe › Kawasaki Concours?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.