Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Thanks Savage Forum (Read 124 times)
DeepPurple
YaBB Newbies

Florida
Thanks Savage Forum
08/02/14 at 17:15:55

I've been creeping around this forum for years now and just wanted to thank everyone for all of their useful information that I secretly use without ever thanking anyone lol. Because of so many awesome bikes I've seen on here and all the helpful information I finally was able to turn my bike from this:

A almost completely stock 2004 Plum Savage into this...

I learned about the Northern Tool trailer fender and seat bracket from Denim, coke bottle grips, Daystar boots, and etc from Serowbot, turn signal switch and various other things for so many people I can't remember, but I thank you all for the ideas and tips. Took me 4 years to finally make the bike I want, which isn't complete still (like the big mirror), but it is way more awesome than it was when I got it, so I thought I would show it here. Without Savage forums It would have been near impossible to do.

And all the performance things like petcock which screwed me 2 years ago, and the about to be done Verslagen tensioner, etc were also found on this forum!

Probably sound like a kiss ass, but I'm so excited to finally have a bike the way I envisioned it years ago and felt like I needed to give credit where it is due. I will do my best to give my advice on things me and my dad did as well because I learned quite a bit along the way.

Thanks again everyone!

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Re: Thanks Savage Forum
Reply #1 - 08/02/14 at 18:57:57

Thats a great looking bike!

Now .. dont be a stranger!

IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #2 - 08/03/14 at 04:08:01

Wow what a change. Nice job.

AL

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
GBG

'06 S40. Stock plus
saddlebags.

Cincinnati, OH
Reply #3 - 08/03/14 at 06:41:49

Very nice bike.

IP Logged
rl153
Serious Thumper

S40 Just right!

Bloomfield,CT
Reply #4 - 08/03/14 at 06:47:03

awesome

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 08/03/14 at 08:04:10

Keep talkin' DP,.... welcome to SS.Com...

Nice lookin' bike... rumor has it, the purple one's are slower taking off because of all the pretty girls hanging on to them at every stop.
That must be tough... Cool...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 08/03/14 at 08:40:03

I think I can taste the color...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
DeepPurple
YaBB Newbies

Florida
Reply #7 - 08/03/14 at 12:30:14

Thanks for the compliments guys!

I must say the Purple does seem to attract girls a lot more for obvious reasons, but my girlfriends only unhappy about that because now that it's solo she can't ride anymore  Undecided

But she understood, and I just promised some day, whenever I can afford it (long time) , I'll make her a retro style baby blue flat seat bike lol.

And thinking you can taste it is the most accurate response I've heard about it yet, I like that one!
It was just a random Dupont color I picked out of the book, but once we started spraying the Lil' Daddy Roth metal flake on it the thing started changing colors for the better. The color actually looks different depending on the light because the flake has like pink, silver, dark purple, light purple, etc all in it. It's pretty crazy.

IP Logged
BalingWire

"The savage in
man is never quite
eradicated."
HDT

Wauseon, Ohio
Reply #8 - 08/03/14 at 14:00:04

Quote:
rumor has it, the purple one's are slower taking off because of all the pretty girls hanging on to them at every stop.

Speed up that bike Teddy's way.

"Speak softly, and carry a big stick." ~Theodore Roosevelt

Grin

"The satisfactions of manifesting oneself concretely in the world through manual competence have been known to make a man quiet and easy."
Shop Class as Soulcraft: An Inquiry Into the Value of Work
  IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #9 - 08/03/14 at 14:34:48

VERY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!Thanx for the credits.But I do it just to help y'all out.Something about purple.The one I did in Texas with the apes on it,I sold to a gal 3 hours away.

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
DeepPurple
YaBB Newbies

Florida
Reply #10 - 08/03/14 at 23:16:34

BalingWire wrote on 08/03/14 at 14:00:04:
Quote:
rumor has it, the purple one's are slower taking off because of all the pretty girls hanging on to them at every stop.

Speed up that bike Teddy's way.

"Speak softly, and carry a big stick." ~Theodore Roosevelt

Grin

Haha, I'm guessing he was originally talking about hunting? I'm sure Teddy was a little sexist and abusive, though he was turned into a "teddy" bear lol.

Because my bike was already that weird plum purple I decided to stay true to the bike and just make it what I thought was a better real purple. I love the color anyways because it makes me think of royalty or old school 60-70's kinda vibe. I watch tons of cheesy 70's and earlier b-biker films for inspiration and to check for authenticity lol.

I've seen quite a few purple/pink bikes, Jack Nicholson actually had white grips in Hells Angels on Wheels, white seats galore like in Peter Fonda's The Wild Angels, etc.
I actually may open up a biker film discussion post now...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 02:26:52

General CategoryThe Cafe › Thanks Savage Forum

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.