Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just purchased previous owner says bad head gasket (Read 58 times)
flsavagejoe
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Just purchased previous owner says bad head gasket
07/29/14 at 19:36:32

Hello everyone.  I just purchased an 88 savage, real cheap, and the person I purchased it from says it has a bad head gasket.  I read some on here, and read about the plug that is commonly confused as a head gasket issue.  He told me it had been leaking oil from around the top of engine area, and he used some sealant around there to stop the leaks.  He kept an eye on the oil, and while riding one day, he said the seal blew and oil came shooting out.  He refilled the oil, but the bike would no longer start, though it does turn over.  Just wanted to get your thoughts on this, I will be doing all the work myself, have done alot of work on other bikes, but normally shy away from opening the engine.  Figured this bike was cheap enough to give it a try.  Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Just purchased previous owner says bad head ga
Reply #1 - 07/29/14 at 20:06:18

here's one for the leaks...
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1099227295

and if it won't start, your gonna have difficulties in tracking down any other leaks...
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1335737953/0

if it is a head gasket leak, a compression test will tell.

Oh, BTW, if the battery is low, and it drops below 10v while you pushing the starter button... it won't start... ever.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 14:52:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Just purchased previous owner says bad head gasket

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.