Send Topic Print
Darkside question (Read 113 times)
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
Darkside question
07/29/14 at 17:22:34

Oldfeller might have an answer for this one. Although it's a bit off Savage topic, it's still a darksider question.

I'm looking to pick up an '80 bare Goldwing 1100 with 44,000 miles on it for $800. Since I like the feel of that nice wide (by bike standards) radial on the back of my 650 I would like to go the same route on the back of the Wing if I decide to get it. Is there any info on 17" radials available? I know it has to be tall and skinny, like I used to be. Skinny that is.

Jack

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Darkside question
Reply #1 - 07/29/14 at 18:54:03

Darksiders tires were invented by the gold wing guys ...... just type in Darksider Goldwing.

« Last Edit: 08/04/14 at 01:59:19 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #2 - 07/30/14 at 14:47:27

When your "DARK-SIDDING" remember to keep your tire pressure up.   My last dark-ie  ripped a cord on the Dragon couse I let the pressure down to hug the curves better.    Embarrassed

But it was one of the quickest bikes of the day while it held !   Cheesy

I'm running the Commander II now (S-40) and have about 10,000 miles on the rear now and its only half gone !   That's why I went Dark to begin with , I think Michelin got the message about long tire life.
My Sportster has a Commander II also ... 6,000 miles and still looks new-ish.  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #3 - 08/02/14 at 17:33:04

Yep, when we get together I will check out Dave's new tire and your new tire and let you take another good look at my same old tire.

Dave's bike was all white and making a funny knock sound when I first put that tire on ......  Dave was a first trip newbie back then.

He's on his second new tire now and you really aren't too far off his current wear out pace.

Grin

« Last Edit: 08/03/14 at 10:57:02 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 02:32:57

General CategoryThe Cafe › Darkside question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!