Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bike starting issues (Read 41 times)
quentin99

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bike starting issues
07/22/14 at 19:00:09

So my bike hasn't had any wheels on it for 2-3 weeks and today I try to start it. Without wheels on and it turns over and stops. Try again and the starter hits the gear and dies and then you hear a click sound from the solenoid. I don't know what the issue is. My tires should be here any day and I want to be able to ride it. I got Michelin commander 2's because I heard they were phenomenal and I ended up ordering a 16 in tire for the rear so I've just been waiting for what seems like forever now to ride it

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Bike starting issues
Reply #1 - 07/22/14 at 19:12:55

Sounds like your battery is run down.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 07/22/14 at 19:14:58

Hard to say why it won't start without a little testing but I would bet on it being a battery that is not fully charged.  Maybe you can jump it with a battery that is good.

Did you say you bought a 16 inch tire???  Some people order slightly larger tires but for a tire to fit it has to be for the correct rim size.  The stock Savage has a 15 inch rim, a 16 inch tire is too big for that rim.  Maybe I read it wrong or maybe you have a bigger rim, if not you can always return it but you'll probably have to pay the freight.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
quentin99

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 07/22/14 at 19:56:58

Yeah I will throw it on the charger but I hooked it to a jump pack and it did the same thing. Usually when the battery is dead and you try to start it the headlight will go out. My bike is an 87 so usually the headlight stays light when cranking.

Yeah I ordered the tire at 2am and I ordered a 16 so I had to send it back to get a 15. I would have gotten a good deal on the tires because i got 10 percent off which saved me 24 bucks. But I had to spend 28 to send it back. So I took the front tire off. Popped the air tube. Put the new one on with new air tube popped that to. You can tell my bike hates me and wants all of my money haha.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 04:18:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bike starting issues

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.