Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Newbie Question - Helmet, Accesories and more (Read 179 times)
Seaweednh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newbury, MA
Re: Newbie Question - Helmet, Accesories and more
Reply #15 - 07/21/14 at 15:53:46

I drilled them out and got the "U" bolts from cables clamps.  I backed up the inside with a flat washer, a lock washer, a nut and then an acorn nut so nothing gets caught on it.

The size is perfect for me.  I can fit a small six pack soft cooler  (for water) in it plus the rest of my lunch in one bag.  In the other I can put my work out clothes and between the two, I still have room to spare.

IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Re: Newbie Question - Helmet, Accesories and more
Reply #16 - 07/22/14 at 08:48:44

Ram wrote on 07/21/14 at 00:17:22:
Aha ! found the lock ! it looks like S40 does come with cute little lock and it opens with the ignition key (and why is the ignition key located on the side .. would have been better if it were on near the handlebar)

Have a look on the head stem gusset. Is there a threaded hole there? If so ( is on my '86 ) you can unbolt the helmet lock and bolt it onto the headstock with the same bolt ,with that hole. You just need to drill an extra hole for a location pin that sticks out the back of the lock. Simples. You might not get a full face lid in there though. Fits my shorty just fine.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 00:22:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Newbie Question - Helmet, Accesories and more

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.