Uncanning..... (Read 51 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Uncanning.....
07/19/14 at 12:10:50

I just can't release the doubt in mind mind about Russia.
I can understand Obama HOPING by exhibiting "trust" that Russia would come to negotiate world matters openly if he (Obama) initiated it by relaxing our military powers.

I have a few friends who are Russian born. They say they themselves don't trust Russian leadership, and tell me not to either.

Look at what RR had to say, by his own scripted words, he spoke to the nation, after an pretty similar event while he was our leader. I don't think Obama can even imagine finding these words on his own. Lets pray he visits them tho and comes to understand hope is just not enough in this world......

http://www.presidentialrhetoric.com/historicspeeches/reagan/kal007.html  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Re: Uncanning.....
Reply #1 - 07/20/14 at 10:07:52

There has never been, nor probably ever will be, another Great Communicator, as Reagan was known.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
BalingWire

"The savage in
man is never quite
eradicated."
HDT

Wauseon, Ohio
Reply #2 - 07/20/14 at 14:30:28

Out of respect for Ronald Reagan's legacy, perhaps one should consider what economist Paul Craig Roberts—an Assistant Secretary of the Treasury during the Reagan Administration and a recognized co-founder of Reaganomics—has to say on the subject:

The Interfax news agency citing anonymous sources, apparently air traffic controllers, reported that the Malaysian airliner and Putin’s airliner were traveling almost the identical route within a few minutes of one another [...] the implication that Ukraine attempted to assassinate the president of Russia implies war, which Russia wants to avoid.

What Happened to the Malaysian Airliner? — Paul Craig Roberts
www.paulcraigroberts.org/2014/07/19/happened-malaysian-airliner-paul-craig-ro...

"The satisfactions of manifesting oneself concretely in the world through manual competence have been known to make a man quiet and easy."
Shop Class as Soulcraft: An Inquiry Into the Value of Work
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 07/20/14 at 16:20:05

When the day comes we no longer see anonymous sources in reporting..... I'll assign greater consideration.

In the meantime it is summation.

Re: his assessment of the press.......
I think he is seriously underestimating some of them.
I believe some fantasize about being the next Bernstein or Woodward.  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 07/20/14 at 16:51:45

Anonymous source is important

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 22:56:50

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Uncanning.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.