Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
WOO! (Read 123 times)
jman

Central Wisconsin
WOO!
07/19/14 at 10:37:54

Well, now that Mrs. Jman's bike has a tach, and I've isolated the fuel problem, it's running better than it ever has since we bought it.

Mrs. Jman, being a very novice rider, is still apprehensive about riding it, since it experienced most of its symptoms while she was riding it, but in time that too shall pass.

The problem is that now that her bike is running so well, I have to break things to have something to do.  It's a good thing I broke the pull-rope on the weed eater today, otherwise I'd have nothing to do tomorrow.

IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: WOO!
Reply #1 - 07/19/14 at 18:31:48

Don't worry something else will break soon enough.  Enjoy the time off, it's summer time.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 07/19/14 at 18:47:29

Well when you are not fixing broken things.....You have an opportunity to modify things.  It's a win/win! Wink

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
BalingWire

"The savage in
man is never quite
eradicated."
HDT

Wauseon, Ohio
Reply #3 - 07/19/14 at 21:15:38

Dishwasher will be next.  I got 8 years out of this one that just lost a motor bearing and seized the circulation motor.  I took the motor to a motor shop to press on a new bearing, but he says they rarely work on anything under 10 hp.   So I'm getting a whole new circulation pump and motor assembly, hopefully Monday or Tuesday, from one of Bezos' slaves.

"The satisfactions of manifesting oneself concretely in the world through manual competence have been known to make a man quiet and easy."
Shop Class as Soulcraft: An Inquiry Into the Value of Work
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #4 - 07/20/14 at 04:53:38

Ugg not the dishwasher.....Mine caught fire and nearly burned the house down this past fall   Tongue

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
jman

Central Wisconsin
Reply #5 - 07/20/14 at 12:02:11

BalingWire wrote on 07/19/14 at 21:15:38:
Dishwasher will be next.  I got 8 years out of this one that just lost a motor bearing and seized the circulation motor.  I took the motor to a motor shop to press on a new bearing, but he says they rarely work on anything under 10 hp.   So I'm getting a whole new circulation pump and motor assembly, hopefully Monday or Tuesday, from one of Bezos' slaves.

I'm not qualified to fix the dishwasher...I don't have a medical degree, and it's hard to perform surgery on one's self... Undecided

I worked on the weed eater today; got the pull rope replaced (and dropped the engine on my foot...).  But it has carburetion issues like it's not getting enough gas to actually start and run.

Ugh...  I don't want to tear that carburetor completely apart to try to fix it, but that might be what I'll be doing this week.

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #6 - 07/20/14 at 14:50:34

Try running some carb cleaner or SeaFoam through it first, probably just clogged up jets.

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
BalingWire

"The savage in
man is never quite
eradicated."
HDT

Wauseon, Ohio
Reply #7 - 07/22/14 at 13:24:40

Just to give some moral support for all you tinkerers out there, I got the dishwasher fixed.  UPS delivered my Whirlpool circulation pump assembly, and it installed pretty easily.  I also re-ran the water line with braided hose.  Had to cut a wee bit bigger hole in the side of the cabinet.  I'm running a cycle now.

That should make my first wife happy. And keep her my first.  Grin

P.S. Wow, that thing is quiet!  I can actually hear water splashing instead of a rusty motor bearing grinding along.

"The satisfactions of manifesting oneself concretely in the world through manual competence have been known to make a man quiet and easy."
Shop Class as Soulcraft: An Inquiry Into the Value of Work
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 04:23:19

General CategoryThe Cafe › WOO!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.