Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Craptastic -arthritic spur (Read 72 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Craptastic -arthritic spur
07/18/14 at 11:15:35

So yeah, left arm when numb or painful.. given how many seconds pass. Doc says arthritic spur at c6-c7.

Not fun.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Craptastic -arthritic spur
Reply #1 - 07/18/14 at 13:56:16

Get away from soft drinks,get your PH up. Pm me for my number if you want to talk. I'm not typing this again

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Seaweednh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newbury, MA
Reply #2 - 07/19/14 at 08:44:34

Pine wrote on 07/18/14 at 11:15:35:
So yeah, left arm when numb or painful.. given how many seconds pass. Doc says arthritic spur at c6-c7.

Not fun.

Double hernia operation spring of last year, total shoulder replacement in Oct.  This year, cancer and surgery this Tues.  How's that arm feeling now?  With todays medical know how you can be as good as new.

IP Logged
jman

Central Wisconsin
Reply #3 - 07/19/14 at 09:36:59

Seaweednh wrote on 07/19/14 at 08:44:34:

Not fun.

Double hernia operation spring of last year, total shoulder replacement in Oct.  This year, cancer and surgery this Tues.  How's that arm feeling now?  With todays medical know how you can be as good as new.

Did you really just use the, "You think you're in pain?" argument?

Pain is relative.  Each individual person experiences pain differently.  To Person A, a stubbed toe might be pass-out painful, while to Person B it could be just another fact of life.

Downplaying another's pain because of your own experiences is a sure-fire way to piss people off.

IP Logged
Seaweednh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newbury, MA
Reply #4 - 07/19/14 at 09:51:43

jman wrote on 07/19/14 at 09:36:59:
Seaweednh wrote on 07/19/14 at 08:44:34:

Not fun.

Did you really just use the, "You think you're in pain?" argument?

Pain is relative.  Each individual person experiences pain differently.  To Person A, a stubbed toe might be pass-out painful, while to Person B it could be just another fact of life.

Downplaying another's pain because of your own experiences is a sure-fire way to piss people off.

And as stated "With todays medical know how you can be as good as new." It could always be worse and to count your blessing to be in a country with the finest medical doctors and technology.  My shoulder replacement was long over due and glad I had it done. My cancer is in the early stages and is curable. I am very grateful to be in the health I'm in, I could be much worse off.  One again, I sincerely apologize if I've offended YOU once again.  Pine pain is real, it will be an inconvenience to repair but it is fixable.  I wish him the best in his recovery.

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #5 - 07/19/14 at 17:35:33

its kinda funny yall mention the pain and it being relative. Its soo weird.. my back does not hurt.. just my arm.. but if I lay down and take care of my back.. the arm improves... dramatically.

I am on steroids for it for now.. muscles relaxers... and tylennol. Mostly I notice the pain just make me very grumpy.. which then make me grumpier cause I bite peoples head off then feel terrible.

IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #6 - 07/19/14 at 18:07:58

Pine,

Sorry to hear about your pain.  I hope they've got an effective treatment other than just pain killers and muscle relaxers.

I had an arthritic spur in my shoulder when I was young. I remember the terrible pain if I moved a certain way.  They got rid of mine and I have been spared any more arthritic pain since.  But, I'm only 50.  I figure it'll catch up to me sooner or later.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #7 - 07/19/14 at 23:03:17

Yup, pine.... they did the steroids for mine also....it did help, guess it took the swelling down enough to ease the pain....
But if its a spur...they will either do an injection to dissolve it, or operate to scrape it off...
Wish you well in either case....

LOL, ride now while you can!!
That's gonna be my new motto!!

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:15:45

General CategoryThe Cafe › Craptastic -arthritic spur

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.