Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
How "OK" is the savage for the highway? (Read 292 times)
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
Re: How "OK" is the savage for the highway?
Reply #15 - 07/20/14 at 21:13:02

I've got a 2k Sav with 28k miles on it. I've done trips to Miami, FL and back from southern MN a couple times on it in July and August. It carried my 180# self and around 80-100# of camping and personal gear on the back seat and side bags at 65-70 mph all day long several days in a row. A couple days were pushing 550 miles. I have a V-Star saddle eat (which helps a lot with a gel pad), a five gallon Harley tank up front and had a four gallon tour tank on the back. I also run the full NationalCycle windscreen which makes a good bug, rain and wind blocker. Haven't run a long trip with a trailer yet though, but that might change in couple weeks with a trip out to Yellowstone and back mid August

Never noticed any oil usage to speak of. I run 100% synth Rotella oil. Never had any trouble keeping up or passing traffic. Passing or being passed by semis it was as solid and stable as sitting on the couch. Other than the post 60 mph vibration increase that gets uncomfortable on the foot pegs I've had nary a problem doing days of interstate.

Worst thing is that on both trips I was able to keep up with all those Harleys headed to Sturgis. At least until the noise started to drive me crazy. Then I would back off until the air cleared.

Jack

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: How "OK" is the savage for the highw
Reply #16 - 07/20/14 at 23:44:29

Ram wrote on 07/20/14 at 18:31:17:
WD wrote on 07/16/14 at 23:20:24:
Rejetted carburetor, stock muffler, BIG windshield, and my 6'2"+ roughly 250# self will hit 80+ riding to work each day. Atrociously pathetic fuel economy, went from 68mpg down to 48mpg.

Which windshield do you have ?

Memphis Shades Big Shot for a VN800A. I made it work...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 10:16:18

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › How "OK" is the savage for the highway?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.