Feeling SAFE..R (Read 105 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Feeling SAFE..R
07/15/14 at 13:30:18

So some of you may recall that my home was robbed several months ago. Yesterday they delivered my new SAFE... a 600 lb monstrosity that now calls my "office"/back side of the dinning room.. home.

At the time I bought it (back when I was robbed) I did not relish the purchase. In fact up to the point of delivery I was not real keen on it. But now that it is here, I have to say it is growing on me. The remaining pitiful collection of guns are now inside, as well as all my ammo, all family photos, and assorted other papers. Even a (very) small stash of cash.

Next on the list is to get backups of my data and store it there as well.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Feeling SAFE..R
Reply #1 - 07/15/14 at 14:02:07

Make sure you anchor it down.
although, even atm's aren't safe from a chain and a pick up.

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 07/15/14 at 15:13:03

Now,... put your real valuables in the laundry hamper, and stick a whoopie cushion in the safe...
Safe as houses... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
BalingWire

"The savage in
man is never quite
eradicated."
HDT

Wauseon, Ohio
Reply #3 - 07/15/14 at 17:07:10

verslagen1 wrote on 07/15/14 at 14:02:07:
[...]even atm's aren't safe[...]

I like that you said only ATM instead of ATM Machine, as so many do, since M already stands for machine.  Although I have taken to calling them Automatic ATM Machines as a joke of double redundancy, but nobody ever gets it.  Grin

"The satisfactions of manifesting oneself concretely in the world through manual competence have been known to make a man quiet and easy."
Shop Class as Soulcraft: An Inquiry Into the Value of Work
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 07/16/14 at 05:23:17

BalingWire wrote on 07/15/14 at 17:07:10:
verslagen1 wrote on 07/15/14 at 14:02:07:
[...]even atm's aren't safe[...]

Although I have taken to calling them Automatic ATM Machines as a joke of double redundancy, but nobody ever gets it.  Grin

http://i57.tinypic.com/30msoye.jpg

Prepay.jpg

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #5 - 07/16/14 at 17:23:31

Serowbot wrote on 07/15/14 at 15:13:03:
Now,... put your real valuables in the laundry hamper, and stick a whoopie cushion in the safe...
Safe as houses... Grin...

Not as silly as it sounds. I work in supported accommodation. When particular staff are on duty, we notice a lot of client's junk food goes missing. When those staff are rostered on, we hide the chips, sweets, soft drinks, in the cleaning cupboard. They have never found it...
Sad but true.

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #6 - 07/17/14 at 11:55:03

I had a crew that came in a couple times a year to assist our, engine builds on the base. Every time the crew was there my lunches would come up missing.
During the fall session before they arrived, I told my friends not to touch my food, I was experimenting with fiber products and sometimes the results were unpleasant.
When the crew arrived for the assist, the first day no one touched my stuff.... the second day someone did...it went missing.
The third day I got called into the office, someone asked me if I had "sabotaged" my lunch. I said "no, I am experimenting with fiber products to keep my system 'regular'"
The boss then proceeded to tell me one of the assisting crew was taken to the emergency room and was now in recovery.....seems he could not stop emptying his bowels.
I told the boss....dang...guess I better ease up on the Fibercon then...I don't want that happening to me.
Couldn't do anything to me.... I had warned folks.... and the assisting crew member learned his lesson. Grin Cool

I would say put money in the open that has been "tainted" with something that would show up in a blacklight.....or maybe with some super hot tobacso type stuff that would burn fingers. Grin
But be sure you don't handle it, and if someone visits, remove it or tell them what you have done to it.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #7 - 07/17/14 at 12:29:10

So like leave a handgun out in the open somewhere...
with 120vac connected to it, no ammo of course.   Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #8 - 07/19/14 at 08:00:24

Friend of mine learned the hard way about setting booby traps.... he spent six months in jail and won't tell me how much he spent getting court costs paid.

Seems he had a couple of break-ins, he lived in a rural area and suspected who the perps were.
So each day he would hang a clothes hanger on his back door knob with an electric cord connected to it, they would break his back door window and reach in and turn the knob.
Well he left it there over night, thought he heard something, went to look, fell down the stairs, broke a leg, and managed to call 911...
Yup you guessed....he actually passed out from the pain... emt's could not get in the front door...so an officer went to check the back...
Emt's had two patients on their hands....the officer wasn't horribly hurt, when he fell his hand came off the knob.
But my buddy learned it is illegal to booby trap your residence with anything that is life threatening.
That's why I suggest the super hot sauce stuff, or a dye...that way if you have a suspect you think my be the culprit....it can be usually identified by blacklight or by them having to hit the hospital for a mild "hot sauce incedent".

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #9 - 07/20/14 at 14:57:04

Yea anything with "malicious intent" is pretty much illegal   Huh

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 00:25:47

General CategoryThe Cafe › Feeling SAFE..R

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.