Send Topic Print
New Savage Owner (Read 81 times)
Twenty2Sevenths
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Savage Owner
07/14/14 at 18:40:26

Hi.  I wanted to introduce myself; I bought an '87 Savage that had been barely used for the last 12 years and have found the technical detail and information on this website outstanding.  Thanks to everyone who contributes!  Ok, lets talk mods; So far I've replaced the fuel petcock, and plan to install Mutazu hard saddlebags this week and forward controls probably next week.  I'm a taller rider 6'01", so any other hints are appreciated.    
22/7ths

IP Logged
Yoshi
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

LongIsland, N.Y.
Re: New Savage Owner
Reply #1 - 07/14/14 at 19:00:52

do the seat spacer mod to prop the front of the seat up a bit

change the handlebars, those pull backs aren't comfortable

most important, enjoy it!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 07/14/14 at 20:16:52

Welcome,enjoy

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Twenty2Sevenths
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 07/15/14 at 02:33:01

Thanks!  That reminds me that I've been experimenting with my seat; I started with a 1" spacer, then 1.5" spacer for the front.  I needed a bit more, so I uncovered the seat and added 1.5-2 inches of dense foam from a cut up shop floor mat.  Before the mods, I could ride maybe 30 minutes in comfort, and now I can ride about 1 hour.  I'm hoping the forward controls and more seat mods will push this up to about 2 hours of comfort since I have some longer trips coming up in the fall.

IP Logged
JonBiddle
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 07/16/14 at 18:46:10

I'm right there with you. 6' tall, and just purchased a 95 savage as my first motorcycle.

This website has been an amazing resource, and I've already got a good size laundry list of things to do Smiley

IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #5 - 07/17/14 at 04:53:29

Welcome aboard guys. Just a suggestion, put where you are somewhere, you might be near someone who can help. Hey, you might even be near me, not that i could help much, but I could watch.

See, my location is under my post number. But it's been there so long I can't remember how it got there.

Wink

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 02:25:19

General CategoryThe Cafe › New Savage Owner

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.