Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
nickythegreek's s40 (voodoo vintage chopper) (Read 2791 times)
clinton
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: nickythegreek's s40 (voodoo vintage chopper)
Reply #60 - 05/19/15 at 10:13:14

New guy here. Hey everybody I really could use some help here. The RCYA website says " close to stock gearing " about their chain conversion kit. Tells me nothing. There was a forum ( can't find it ) where people said, " go to dealer and buy front sprocket for bike blah blah,  year model blah, blah and gave sprocket number of teeth, front and rear, various sizes for different ratios and which equaled stock pulley gearing so I could choose how far up or down to go. I also don't know how to post new question so I reply to nickythegreek. All help appreciated. Smiley

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #61 - 05/19/15 at 11:19:50

clinton wrote on 05/19/15 at 10:13:14:
New guy here. Hey everybody I really could use some help here. The RCYA website says " close to stock gearing " about their chain conversion kit. Tells me nothing. There was a forum ( can't find it ) where people said, " go to dealer and buy front sprocket for bike blah blah,  year model blah, blah and gave sprocket number of teeth, front and rear, various sizes for different ratios and which equaled stock pulley gearing so I could choose how far up or down to go. I also don't know how to post new question so I reply to nickythegreek. All help appreciated. Smiley

You mean this thread... http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1174239333 I assume.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
yetimeister
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Maine
Reply #62 - 05/24/15 at 21:30:28

What did you end up doing for spacers for your rear wheel alignment man? im hardtailing mine currently and any ideas tips and measurements would be appreciated.

IP Logged
05ss45
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #63 - 07/30/15 at 20:31:00

Nice pics and cool bike.

IP Logged
nickythegreek

Reply #64 - 08/18/15 at 15:56:35

ended up losing my dyna on the highway and then left my gas cap at a gas station on the way to the lowbrow getdown.

Hit up the marketplace forum and boogie_with_stu hooked me up with a new (unbent) right peg and a dyna in better condition than the one I lost. Like an idiot, I overtightened my rear axle the next day prior to our trip to Indiana for the Boogiefarm Clamjam. Ended up with some toasted wheel bearings an a goldish brake plate!

While I had to get there without a bike, the good times still ensued.

New bearings arrived just in time for the chopper and skate event, SkateOrDieOhio.

Bike is running good! Decided to take the wife and pup out for some ice cream.

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #65 - 08/19/15 at 03:45:39

If you cooked wheel bearings from tightening the axle....you are missing a spacer somewhere.  (Most likely the one behind the pulley hub, as it is easy to lose).

When all the spacers are in place the tightening force does not place any loads on the bearings....the load goes through the spacers and the inner bearing races.  The ball bearings should not have any load from tightening the axle.

Check out this parts diagram, and make sure you have spacer #17 that goes in the backside of the pulley hub.

http://www.hondaofflorence.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=432158&catego...

Here is an example of what happens without the spacer:
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1416252292/10#10

We meed to get that bike of your reliable so you don't miss out on the fun!

That SkateorDie thingy looks like you were in Cincinnati....and didn't call me!  I am about 20 minutes from downtown.

« Last Edit: 08/19/15 at 13:42:01 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #66 - 08/20/15 at 16:27:15

Big ups to you, Nicky. Impressive seeing actual miles being done on a  chopper. That's cool. I couldn't do it. I'll cafe race my travelling. Keep the bobber for local rides. Your pictures are great. Keep em coming.

IP Logged
inglourioushoko
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #67 - 10/11/15 at 01:34:46

Awesome pictures man. This is heart of motorcycling, captured right here.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 15:33:14

General CategoryThe Cafe › nickythegreek's s40 (voodoo vintage chopper)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.