Yoshi
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

LongIsland, N.Y.
This forum Rocks!
06/28/14 at 04:33:28

Hey guys and gals,

I bought my savage in February with 3993 miles(have closer to 6k now), all stock with not ever the carb modified. After riding around a bit the bike scared me more then a couple of times with its crazy backfires!

I found this forum and found out about the bike being lean so I started modding, I got a dyna muffler which I quickly switched out to Mac because the dyna muffler was just too quiet.
I then looked for something quieter so I got a Jardine but that wasent any quieter, I repacked the Jardine but that dident help either so I went back to the Mac and am happy with it for now
I think the muffler sounds louder when your on the bike then when you pass someone.

I rejetted the carb to a 152.5 main and left the stock jet at 52.5 but then I wanted a cone filter and had to switch to a 55 pilot
I love the cone filter just because of the great sound I get out of it when I twist the throttle
I still get great gas mileage, 50mpg+

I added 6" forward control and love the bike that much more because im 6'2¾"

Just yesterday I installed a GS550 speedo cable and a mini speedo as I hated looking down to see what speed im going.
I got a nice gauge from Dime City Cycles and the speedo cable from Ebay
I tested the speedo with a GPS and its right on, thanks ToesNoes thread I was sure it would work for me Smiley

I ended up buying another Savage with a good title to part out here and on ebay

Shocked Here's some pics  Shocked

« Last Edit: 06/28/14 at 05:57:19 by Yoshi »  
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Re: This forum Rocks!
Reply #1 - 06/29/14 at 08:16:36

This forum DOES rock!  There's some guys here that really know their stuff.  I try to check the forums every day to see if I can learn something.  Maybe one day I'll be able to help someone with their bike.

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 06/29/14 at 08:29:00

Savage Power!!!

Our members rock!... Cool...

Dave has 70 votes in the US129 poster contest!...

Lurkers show us your power, too!.... Maybe you don't feel like joining,... but you can click some votes for Dave's bike at...
http://us129photos.com/...
Dave's Ryca Savage is the red bike,... bottom right... vote him a thumbs-up...

Help us go past 100 votes!... Cool...

Enjoy the site... Smiley...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #3 - 06/29/14 at 08:55:18

I really like what you have done Yoshi...
I think I would like to do the 800 front end, for speedo cable removal from case (keeps causing oil leaks), and I always have liked the idea for a wheel run speedo.
Can't wait for offseason to get here to work on mine! (and I probably won't) Grin

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:25:26

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › This forum Rocks!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.