Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
It's like a different bike! (Read 95 times)
Thurston
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

It's like a different bike!
06/26/14 at 16:19:26

I installed the Raptor petcock a few weeks ago, and I also had the white spacer mod done recently to improve the mid-range performance.  I was glad to have these changes done, but I was a touch disappointed that I still had some hesitation issues.  I took the bike in to a local mechanic today and had the stock pilot jet swapped out for a #50 pilot, and holy cats it's not even the same bike!  No hesitation at all and great improvements in performance.  I'm real happy with the results.  I swear I've gained 10-15 mph at the top end (well, maybe it just feels like 10-15 mph). Thanks again to this forum for leading me in the right direction. I'm not mechanically inclined, but at least I can tell the mechanic what the good folks at "suzukisavage.com" are recommending.  I may not sound smart to them, but you guys sure do!  Thanks again everyone!

By the way, I'm heading out on a road trip from Brighton Ontario to visit my brother and his clan northwest of Thunder Bay Ontario in July.  Round trip will be about 2,200 miles. Should be a hoot! Can't wait to get going. This little Thumper is such a monster - it'll eat up those miles in no time.  I'll just have to manage my gas.  Although there's spectacular scenery, some parts of highway # 17 north of Lake Superior are lonely with no gas stations for many many miles.  This week I ordered a 2 litre gas bottle on-line that will fit nicely into my saddlebag, just in case I stretch the tank too far. Northern Ontario here I come!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: It's like a different bike!
Reply #1 - 06/26/14 at 17:21:36

Stock muffler or ? ?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 06/26/14 at 17:50:14

Thurston wrote on 06/26/14 at 16:19:26:
 Round trip will be about 2,200 miles. Should be a hoot! Can't wait to get going. This little Thumper is such a monster - it'll eat up those miles in no time.

Don't forget to feed us some pics of your trip... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Thurston
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 06/26/14 at 18:10:11

LANCER wrote on 06/26/14 at 17:21:36:
Stock muffler or ? ?

Yes, I've only got the stock muffler.

IP Logged
S-P
Serious Thumper

Back in the saddle
again

Phoenix, AZ
Reply #4 - 06/26/14 at 18:43:45

YEEEHHHAAAAA! Yep, those jets can turn the bike into a jet! I couldn't believe the difference when I did the carb mods and Dyna muffler. I'm hoping to take an extended trip some day (maybe fall... it's about 110 here now until late September).  Ride safe, post pictures!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #5 - 06/27/14 at 04:38:07

Thurston wrote on 06/26/14 at 18:10:11:
LANCER wrote on 06/26/14 at 17:21:36:
Stock muffler or ? ?

Yes, I've only got the stock muffler.

Replacing the stock unit with something that flows better will make a MARKED difference and really enhance the jetting/tuning changes.
You WILL be PLEASED with the result.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 06:21:50

General CategoryThe Cafe › It's like a different bike!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.